From Library Journal
Copyright 2001 Reed Business Information, Inc.
From the Back Cover
The Most In-Depth Guide to XML Available
Create simple to complex XML documents and build full-fledged Web applications using this one-stop resource. Covering a wide range of topics--from reviewing XML parsers and validators to using scripts and converting databases into XML documents--this all-inclusive reference shows you everything you need to work with this popular tag-based language. Learn to enhance text with either cascading or extensible style sheets, use schemas to improve functionality, select portions of a document using XLink and XPointer, and much more. Additionally, XML: The Complete Reference covers SMIL and Math--languages used for multimedia presentations and displaying mathematical equations. Thorough, useful, and comprehensive, this is the only XML book you'll need.
- Get an overview of related standards and requirements for using XML
- Create organized, well-formed XML document structures
- Identify attributes and add data to your XML documents
- Use schemas in XML applications to restrict values and create reports
- Discover where and when to use style sheets, including CSS and XSL
- Expand XML applications with XLinks, XPointers, and XQuery
- Learn how to change HTML to XHTML