Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on December 5, 2013
I had a transfer switch and inlet box installed by an electrician. After watching what was involved, I highly recommend that only a professional electrician perform this task. You’ll also need to have a humongous power cable and a Reliance Controls LL550C 50 Amp Generator Power Cord Connector. The electrician told me what to order and he assembled everything. By the way, I needed him to connect the generator’s battery to its starter, but I was able to start it with the pull chord before he did this.

I’ve had to use this twice since I purchased it two years ago. Once in the summer when the local power was out; I only ran it for an hour. Still, for a test, I turned everything in the house on – lights, hot tub, water pump (220), furnace, clothes dryer, etc. While one would not run all these at once in an emergency, the DuroMax XP10000E generator powered everything with no problems. The second time I used it was last night (1:30 AM) when we lost power and the temperature was -9! I wheeled the generator over to the garage door, connected it via the power cable to the inlet box, pulled the engine choke out, cranked it up, and it started immediately. It ran for 4 hours keeping the furnace and hot tub running the while. I would add at this point that the generator does make a lot of noise. I have no nearby neighbors and it runs where it can’t be heard from our bedroom, but it’s something to consider if you or the neighbors are light sleepers.

The only maintenance I have performed is to use fresh gasoline with a fuel preservative, start it every other month to keep the battery charged, and draining old fuel each fall.
on October 10, 2010
Was looking for a generator to help me power some circuits at the house since I work from home. I have a few circuits, including my office computer/network equipment, full size fridge and some misc., house circuits. This is probably more than needed for that, but I also have an electric water heater that runs on 220 @ 4500 watts. I will be replacing it soon with a hybrid electric water heater which should draw much less power on normal operation.

In any case, so far I have unpacked the generator and run it to make sure it works before the electrician comes and hooks up the transfer switch stuff. Assembly was minimal, just add the wheel and support kits, plus the handles. I think added the oil and fuel. The oil fill is under so you'll need a long necked funnel and I would suggest a nice big syringe with a hose in case you overfill.

When I first ran the unit it would not hold it's low idle speed, it would shut down pretty quickly. I decided to run it at the full speed for about 15 minutes to let it get acclimated and now it seems to run just fine.

I was able to buy the reliance power plug and box that my electrician recommended from Amazon as well (Reliance LL550C and PB50), the transfer switch I needed was not available on Amazon. I also ordered the cover, which fits nice. I'd call it more of a dust cover, was thinking it was going to be all weather but it will last for a while.

I struggled initially to find the right way to order this on Amazon. Everywhere I had seen this generator said it was California CARB compliant and I found the $999 version of this generator on Amazon and it was letting me order it, so it seemed like the right thing. However, when it came to shipping that one it said NO! I thought I would have to order outside of Amazon which I was trying to avoid, but the price was a lot higher. I then stumbled across this version, it's a little bit more than the other but the reason is because it is OK to ship to CA. It has tags all over it saying it's CARB inspected. The description on the $999 one is not clear enough I think to state it is not the CARB version and they should point you to this other one more easily.

UPDATE: All wired to the transfer box that I ordered and everything is functioning as planned. One note that I learned, we are powering the transfer panel through the big, main 50A plug on the generator. When you are plugged into this plug, it overrides the low idle circuit, so it will always run and the full speed. This is by design I suppose to make sure you don't miss a surge in power I guess.

I have ordered a hour meter that I am going to plug into the DC connection so I can track the hours of usage over time. I will add my own pictures to this product so you can see the setup.
review image review image
44 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2014
works as it should,arrived very quickly,set up was very easy-the SMALL dent in the gas tank & the scratches on the frame in NO way hamper the operation of this unit & at a savings of 300.00 over a "NEW" one--well it makes me very happy.The only problem was a loose groung cable on the batt. causing the starter to click & not start.( 2 pulls on the pull start was all required to start it the first time) tighten the ground cable & it starts very easily on the batt. Cant go wrong on this unit from these people.
on March 23, 2017
Works great, powers my entire house (all electric) including well pump.
on August 8, 2016
Excellent generator! Hard working and does just what we need.

I bought this to power blowers for bounce houses. We transport this all over the country and it has never failed us! Will buy this one again to replace old generators!
on November 15, 2013
So far so good. Very impressed with the ease of manual start.
Arrived in good shape. Extensive panel output choices.
Good directions on handle and wheel assembly. Easy.
Only difficulty was connections to battery. All in all,
looks like a good unit. We commented on the manual start,
because we tried it instead of the battery, just in case.
on March 6, 2014
After putting the assessories on the generator and putting in oil and gas I fired It up. After running 1 hour, I transferred the house Load to the generator. It ran flawlessly. A great generator at a good price. And great delivery service.
on July 26, 2013
I read the previous reviews and was getting prepared for a lemon but then I tried it and WOW! This generator is not what I would call the "cleanest" of waveform patterns (as checked with my Fluke 434C Power Quality Analyzer), but it does work great, and puts out the wattage that is advertised. I first thought I had a unit built on a Friday, as I found the battery ground nowhere to be found, but after calling tech support (and they answered fairly quickly too!), they said to look up inside for the white wire with the black rubber boot and connect it to the battery. Once I found it and connected, it started instantly. I have to add, that I had previously been starting it with the pull cord and this was easy enough to start, even for my wife. I also was told not to use the throttle-down switch, as it holds back the throttle lever and this could cause it to fail prematurely.

I start my generator each week and let it run for about 15-20 minutes, both with and without a load. The house generator circuits don't seem to mind the generator, and I've been monitoring it each time to make sure it doesn't have any weird spikes or harmonic distortion.

I give this a thumbs up for a home 10Kw gen set!
on April 10, 2016
have not used yet but looks good
on March 11, 2015