Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 83 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 90 reviews
on December 21, 2010
I bought this light tent to replace a home-made light box for some product photography. Although it comes in a small circular bag with the four chroma key backgrounds, what springs forth is enormous. At first it is just really huge, four 120W lights is just barely enough to light it, but the cavernous size is great to work in. You can just stick your head in and move the subject around without moving the camera. Speaking of, while the tent does have a top zipper, I don't know what I'm going to do if I need a top-down shot. Heh, I guess just put the tripod in the tent.

There are lots of little quirks, though. I did end up ironing the chromakey backgrounds (well, just the white one) to get the wrinkles out, but the velcro on the inside is just a little too narrow, so you'll have to use a piece of tape to remove the sag-wrinkles. Also, since it is so bloody large, it folds up a little differently (there is a great Youtube video by PhotoGavin that shows how), which had me puzzled for a while. It also likes to fold only one way, so if it really doesn't want to fold, don't force it. I did notice a little corrosion on the steel frame, but overall the construction is very good, all the materials very well sown together, and it should last a good long time.

Highly Recommended
on March 13, 2014
The tent itself is well built and worked great, but...

I received a 30" version of the tent but ordered the 36".

They asked me to send in a picture of what I received because they said that they did not distribute a 30" tent. After about a week I heard back and was told that they would search inventory and see if they had any 36" tents. They said that if they couldn't find any in the next shipment they could refund me some cash or take the old tent back.

That was the last I heard and it has been about 3 weeks.

Since I have used the tent, im going to keep it and avoid future purchases from this retailer.

UPDATE: April 2014
As promised I did receive a refund for the difference in price from the one received and one ordered. So they did what they said they would do.
on May 15, 2015
I purchased this light tent to take pictures of my Lego projects which tend to get somewhat large. The XPRO 36 cube light tent works perfectly for this purpose! I like the fact that it folds up to a very small (in proportion to its size) package for storage. When I want to use it, I simply take it out of the included zippered envelope and let it unfold itself. It's that easy! Be warned that it's bigger than you would think. A consequence of this is that it takes a lot of light to get decent lighting inside the tent. But as I use flash guns mounted on tripods on either side of my tent, working in tandem with my on-camera flash, this is not a problem. If you are working with hot lamps, I suggest that you be careful that the heat from the lamps doesn't affect the nylon of the light tent. A nice little touch are the little loops around the frame periphery that I can use to suspend my subjects by either white threads or fishing lines to give the impression the subject is flying or floating in air.

Also, Casio includes backgrounds of several different colors in addition to the standard white background. Nice as that is, the backgrounds are made of a nylon fabric that not really heavy enough for wrinkles and creases to be pulled out when hanging. I've not yet experimented with these backgrounds to see what works best for getting rid of all the creases from being folded up. The biggest gripe I have with the light tent are the size and placement of the various velcro strips on the inside of the tent. The velcro strips on the backgrounds are set wider than the strips on the inside of the tent, causing the backgrounds to sag in the middle. I'm going to get and mount my own velcro strips inside the tent and on the backs of the backgrounds to fix this.
on December 29, 2016
Love the light tent. Its a lot bigger than I thought it would be, a bit hard to figure out how to fold back, but once you figure it out its fine. I haven't used any of the other backgrounds so I can't comment on them, but I like the white.I would also say the picture makes it look more circular than it actually is (its much more of a square)
on May 13, 2015
I had a 16 X 16 X 16 DIY light box that was deteriorating quickly! Product photography has turned into become a passion and when I saw this awesome Photography Light Tent at a decent price I had to get it and, I am very happy I did!

Extremely well constructed and easily folds into a small unit for transporting from location to location.

At first I was Bummed, LOL! All I found was a Black, Green, Blue and Red Backdrop... Where was the white one? Sigh! I need glasses! It was right in front of me!

Total Package at a more than Decent Price! Thank you!
on July 9, 2015
After taking this item out of the packaging I found that the white background was stained by the blue and green backgrounds. I thought I could keep it to create a pattern for making nicer muslin backdrops, even though none of the backdrop velcro lines up well with the velcro on the box. Finally one of the metal springs on the box had some cheapy silver paint chip off and there's rust flakes staining the sides of the box. 2 stars since at least the seams have held up so far.
on December 14, 2013
This is a strong, sturdy product. Although I originally ordered the 36 inch size I did return it. First of all, unless you are photographing very large objects, 36 inches is very big, but more importantly to me, it was unwieldy to fold up. Unless you are a large man with big strong arms, you will find the 36 inch size difficult to fold up because it is very sturdily made and the steel spring like bands and you need long enough arms to grip and twist it properly. So I got the 24 inch size and I love it. It folds up easily, but it is still made with the same strong framing. But with this smaller size I can get my arms around it (I'm 5'2"). So unless you really need a huge light tent, opt for the smaller size. Both are strong and sturdy and should hold up for years of use. Also, because I needed to send back the first one, the company was very nice to deal with.
on March 22, 2016
This light tent is actually good with the exception of it only being two sided. It needs some side support to keep it open which is not provided. It is always wanting to collapse. It should have some kind of support to assist in keeping it open.
on January 16, 2014
I got this to take product portfolio photos of my 3D printed object, mainly. It is just as advertised. As people have noted it is a little tricky to fold back up but once you learn how it is easy. I wish the fabic on the bottom was a little thicker or more opaque so that if it was on a dark table it would not show through. Other than that, I am very satisfied. It has plenty of room for everything I want to photograph. I need to get some lights for it. So far, I have just used daylight and room lights with my DSLR which has worked very well. I need to iron the color back drops to get rid of creases and store them on a tube.
on October 27, 2014
This thing is so totally awesome! The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because the door flap doesn't quite cover up the whole front correctly, but other than that I couldn't be happier with this product. I especially love how it easily folds into a sleek foldable sheet like position for super easy storing.