- XTC-3D high performance 3d print coating - protective coating for smoothing and finishing 3d printed parts that does not melt plastic;
- XTC‑3D fills in 3d print striations and creates a smooth, high gloss finish. The need to post finish is almost eliminated;
- XTC‑3D can be applied to both SLA and SLS prints. It works with PLA, ABS, Laywoo, Powder Printed Parts and other rigid media such as EPS, EPDM and urethane foam as well as wood, plaster, fabric, cardboard and paper;
- Two liquids are mixed together and brushed onto any 3d print, fabric, wood, and more. Coating self-levels and wets out uniformly without leaving brush strokes;
- 1 oz covers 100+ square inches. XTC‑3D can be mixed with metal powders, SO-Strong tints, and Ignite or UVO pigments making adding colors and metal effects easy.
XTC-3D High Performance 3D Print Coating, 6.4 Oz
Specifications for this item
|Number of Items||1|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
XTC-3D is a protective coating for smoothing and finishing 3D printed parts. Two liquids are mixed together and brushed onto any 3D print. Coating self-levels and wets out uniformly without leaving brush strokes. Working time is 10 minutes and cure time is about 4 hours (depending on mass and temperature). XTC-3D cures to a hard, impact resistant coating that can be sanded, primed and painted.
Adding colors and metal effects is easy. Use with UV Resistant Pigment for XTC-3D (ASIN: B01BKSLHHK) to paint and seal at the same time!
Inexpensive to Use: 1 oz covers 100+ square inches.
90% Time & Labor Savings: XTC-3D fills in 3D print striations and creates a smooth, high gloss finish. The need to post finish is almost eliminated.
Coat any 3D Print Surface: XTC-3D can be applied to both SLA and SLS prints. It works with PLA, ABS, Laywoo, Powder Printed Parts and other rigid media. It also can be used to coat EPS, EPDM and urethane foam as well as wood, plaster, fabric, cardboard and paper.
XTC-3D does not contain VOC's, phthalates or phosphates.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Showing 1-8 of 42 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Surprised with this, however. More than anything I'm not really sure why it's said to be specifically for 3D prints. It's basically the same as any other epoxy I've used just in a 2:1 mix ratio instead of a 1:1. My guess is that it allows you to mix smaller amounts with better accuracy but I could be wrong.
Super high gloss. Easy to tint with acrylic paint or food coloring. Too thick to self-level but not thick enough to not run on vertical pieces.
I don't hate it but I don't think I'll be buying another kit once this one is used up.
Pretty stinky too, which makes sense for what it is, but if you mix more than a small amount make sure you've got ventilation. Pro tip: let it cure under your stove's (turned-on) exhaust vent (if you have one).
I am going to try and use this more often, but i did notice it didn't really adhere to my pla parts. i was able to peel the xtc coating away from the part. Again this could by me and my lack of experience with this product.
Several of my friends swear by this, and what i saw on my test run it does do a good job smoothing.
Apply lightly. too much will erase details.
Mixing it is easy enough, just like any two part epoxy. Applying it is also basic enough. However, it's far from as good of end quality as is shown in advertisements. It takes a very long time to dry fully. The whole time it is drying, it is slowly seeping so make sure it stays on a surface that you don't mind getting messed up. Once fully dry it still leaves some defects. It cannot be sanded, it gets really weird when sanding. So you can either apply more and wait another 24 hours or just deal with the defects that remain.
TL;DR Product is nice, but not the 3d print sorcery implied by the listing.