- Epoxy Coating for 3D Printed Objects
- Smooths 3D Printed Objects
- Compatible with SLA and SLS prints.
- It works with PLA, ABS, Laywoo, Powder Printed Parts and other rigid media. It also can be used to coat EPS, EPDM and urethane foam as well as wood, plaster, fabric, cardboard and paper.
XTC 3D High Performance 3D Print Coating - 6.4 oz
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Specifications for this item
|Brand Name||Reynolds Advanced Materials|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
XTC-3D® is a protective coating for smoothing and finishing 3D printed parts. Two liquids are mixed together and brushed onto any 3D print. Coating self-levels and wets out uniformly without leaving brush strokes. Working time is 10 minutes and cure time is about 4 hours (depending on mass and temperature). XTC-3D® cures to a hard, impact resistant coating that can be sanded, primed and painted. Adding colors and metal effects is easy. Inexpensive to Use - 1 oz covers 100+ square inches. 90% Time & Labor Savings: XTC-3D® fills in 3D print striations and creates a smooth, high gloss finish. The need to post finish is almost eliminated. Coat any 3D Print Surface - XTC-3D® can be applied to both SLA and SLS prints. It works with PLA, ABS, Laywoo, Powder Printed Parts and other rigid media. It also can be used to coat EPS, EPDM and urethane foam as well as wood, plaster, fabric, cardboard and paper. XTC-3D® does not contain VOC's, phthalates or phosphates.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
- Won't wash off
- Smooths out the plastic
- Comes with disposable measuring cup, mixer and brush.
- Dries quickly. You don't have to wait around forever for it to set.
- You have to respect this stuff. It comes with a Material Safety Data Sheet. READ IT.
- It does not wash off easily. Expect the measuring cup, brush and anything else you use while applying this stuff to be permanently covered in the resin. For me, this means disposable brushes, gloves, measuring cups and covering my work area in tin foil before I start.
- Dries quickly. You can't waste time once you've mixed up a batch.
- You have to use it correctly. It comes with specific instructions on how thickly it should be applied. A "just paint it on" approach will not guarantee the results you want.
For someone who wants to make a good looking object that can take some abuse, this stuff will do great.
For someone who wants a smooth, pretty object to put on a shelf or that you know you'll treat gently, consider something less toxic and easier to work with like: an acrylic gel http://www.amazon.com/Acrylic-Medium-Golden-Solid-Gloss/dp/B0007W5RAY
You'll still have to pay attention to get the results you want, but it doesn't require safety equipment and you can wash it off your brushes when you're done.