XYZprinting da Vinci 1.0 3D Printer
- 2014 CES Editors' Choice Award Winner-Most Affordable 3D Printer
- Largest 475 cubic inch build volume - 7.8" x 7.8" x 7.8" (20 cm x 20 cm x 20 cm)
- The da Vinci 1.0 prints in two materials ABS and PLA
- Free filament as the starter kit and Free 3D Gallery to download
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
XYZprinting Da Vinci 1.0 3D Printer.
From the manufacturer
+Build volume 7.8 x 7.8 x 7.8 inch, which is 15 to 75% larger than what others in its class can print.
A turnkey solution, Plug-and-Play, No assembly required.
With easy-to-install filament cartridges users can easily refill the printer.
A closed system ensures users are not exposed to high temperature working area.
No external filament movement during operation.
Automatic software upgrades.
Print-bed detection and assisted leveling.
Automatic nozzle cleaning.
3D Design+ Cloud
Share, create and print with the XYZ World community.Discover 1000+ of the great products created by the community.
Easy to install filament cartridges available in 13 vivid colors. XYZ Printing Filament Cartridges are designed and tested to ensure that there is no distortion in color or form ensuring your designs come out perfect every time.
da Vinci Series are one of the most affordable 3D printer of its capacity on the marker.
3D printers have never been this approachable ever.
|da Vinci 1.0||da Vinci 2.0 Duo||da Vinci 1.0 AIO||da Vinci Pro||da Vinci Pro 3 in 1||Nobel 1.0|
|Print Technique||FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)||FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)||FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)||FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)||FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)||SLA (Stereolithography Apparatus)|
|Maximum Build Volume(WxDxH)||7.8" x 7.8" x 7.8"||5.9" x 7.8" x 7.8"||7.8" x 7.8" x 7.5"||7.8" x 7.8" x 7.8"||7.8'' x 7.8'' x 7.5''||5" x 5" x 7.9"|
|Print Material||ABS / PLA / Flex||ABS / PLA / Water Soluble||ABS / PLA / Flex||Open Source ABS / PLA||Open Source ABS / PLA||Photopolymer Resin / Flexible Resin|
|Layer Thickness||100-400 microns||100-400 microns||100-400 microns||100-400 microns||100-400 microns||25 Microns, 50 Microns, 100 Microns|
|Calibration System||Three-Knob Calibration||Three-Knob Calibration||Three-Knob Calibration||Guided Calibration||Guided Calibration||Z-Offset Calibration|
|Laser engraver (Optional)||✓||✓|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top Customer Reviews
A few impressive parts:
1) the print head automatically cleans itself by running over a metal scrapper which really helps with print quality
2) the printer comes with everything you need to get started, everything from a glue stick to help your print stick to the bed, to a scraper to help loosen it.....it even contains a tool to clean out the print head. Coming from an expert, buying this kit would have saved me a lot of research time.
3) the program that is used to print from takes both 3d files and STL, you can use just about any program to create/edit your image and then easily use their tool to scale and print it.
4) the printer uses its print head to move along the X and Y axis while the build platform raises and lowers to allow for the Z axis. This seems to allow for more accurate prints and makes it easier to calibrate, all in all a well thought out design.
To my surprise, this thing is WAY better than expected. It arrived securely packaged and contained everything needed to begin printing. It is visually pleasing and seems very well constructed with a solid metal frame. I have had it for about 6 months now and have printed 1 or 2 objects every day without issue. Granted, I did print very small objects to begin with to learn the process. However, I have gradually moved to larger prints and have still had no major problems. At one point the extruder did not seem to want to work correctly, however, I ran the cycle for loading filament then shut down the printer. Once it rebooted it carried on flawlessly and printed a 6 hour part.
Depending on the level of detail, the part quality is pretty good, they are far from flawless but they are much better than I expected for the price.
After printing, your parts will require a fair amount of cleanup. This includes sanding the sides of the base where the plastic flares outwards and any holes which will likely have to be drilled to correct size.
The software that comes with the printer is limited to 3 functions. Scaling, rotating and printing. In order to use the printer you must have a 3d program that will export in .STL format or you can download .STL files from the internet.
In summary, unless your one of the unlucky few that has had DOA printers or mechanical failures, I do not think you will be disappointed. Thus far, this has been an amazing little printer for the cost. It’s fun to create a drawing and watch your parts come to life. Personally, I’m glad I took the risk.
The company support emailed and asked me to change my review. I was able to fix the sensor / aliment problem on my own. I was also able to download the software from the web, so I did not need the included CD. So I am now up and running. Support did eventually get back to me, and the video they included would have been useful if I had not already fixed it myself.
The printer works. I am able to design model railroad buildings in Sketchup and print them with the printer. So I am now happy with the printer. This is my first 3d printer so I can't compare against other devices.
Original review (1 star):
It did not work! I got error code 0031. The Y motor keeps moving, the box shakes, and lights flash, then it reports error 31.
It is probably a faulty sensor, or misaligned. Also my laptop failed to read the CD. I am very disappointed right now!
You should know that printer must have a certified xyz filament cartridge to run. There is a considerable markup on their filament cartridges and this is the reason I can only give the device 4 stars. HOWEVER. 3rd party filament CAN BE USED if done correctly. Follow the steps below:
1. After finishing the filament available in the starter cartridge, there is a chip on the bottom of the cartridge that has to be "reset". This can be done by purchasing a resetting tool OR it can be done very easily with an arduino.
2. The included software, XYZ.exe, must NOT be allowed to access the internet. XYZ has a remote kill switch and will brick your machine if they determine that you're using a reset cartridge. For this reason, you must add inbound and outbound rules to block its internet connection.
3. Once the cartridge is reset and the connection is blocked, you'll be able to use a 3rd party filament without any trouble.
Easy to use software
Relatively low cost
Large print bed
Totally enclosed print area
Very difficult (But not impossible) to use 3rd party filament!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have had this printer for well over 6 months now and it has given me nonstop headaches.Read more