Xantrex Technologies 852-0281 XPower PowerSource 100 Watt Inverter
|Price:||$209.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Converts 12 DC power from a vehicle battery into 120 AC power
- Three-prong AC outlet to handle all chargers and adapters for mobile electronics
- USB charge port
- Blue LED on/off power indicator
- DC cable with vehicle and airplane connector
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
|Item Dimensions||1.57 x 3.23 x 5.35 inches|
|Item Weight||1.06 pounds|
|Manufacturer Part Number||852-0281|
|Shipping Weight||2 pounds|
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
* 100W is a 5-minute rating based on the inverter, not the battery inside.
* 80W is the inverter output from the car adapter when plugged in.
* 60W is the maximum battery draw without the device shutting itself off.
I read that this device would perform about two hours for a laptop, so I was optimistic. I own a Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro, and an older Dell Inspiron 8000 Pentium 3 laptop. I could not run either of them off the battery inside the PowerSource Mobile 100 if I had the laptop battery installed. Once I removed the laptop battery, I could run from the PS100 for about one hour. Now, realize that my AC adapters draw 75-85 watts max. My friend's laptop draws about 25 watts, instead of the 35-45 that mine draw (battery removed). You may wish to get a device such as the Kill-A-Watt that will show you how much power your laptop actually draws before using the battery and thinking it'll get you two hours of power in a bind.
My laptop draws 22 watts (per kill-a-watt meter) and the mobile 100 lasts
between 45 and 60 minutes before it shuts down. I was not expecting
2 hours but I did expect at least 90 mins. The Mypower All 3400 or apc's
universal laptop battery are better choices if running a laptop is your
I been looking for a simple portable 110V power source that would charge via home or car. This unit is definitely the best on the market although limited in power output and run time. If you need to power something simple it is great but you cannot exceed the 60W output or it shuts off.
I have used these to demo web cameras which draw only 4Watts so it is a great device for that. It is also very good for a small DVD player or other portable device like Ipods or mini-TV's. Unfortunately, most laptops today will draw 60-90W so the charger simply does not power up. If it does it will shut down quickly.
- Compact: Very small for a 40W-Hr supply (40W run for 1 hour)
- Reliable: Once charged it seems to hold a charge well for 2-3 weeks at at time.
- Good (but limited) run times: If power draw is low (@10W) it will run nearly 4hours.
- Cannot keep plugged in 24/7 to use as a battery backup since this may overcharge the battery.
- Xantrex does a poor job listing run times vs power draw or even explaining that with low power draw you can be quite long run times. This is a common principle in the backup battery area explained well by companies like APC.
This is a great little supply for very portable devices. If you do not expect a battery backup solution or a big portable supply then you will be please with the product.
After discovering some output frequency problems with some other model xantrax/duracell inverters, I tested 8 units of this model and was pleasantly surprised that this model still appears to be crystal controlled. Most of the units were within +/- 0.05 Hz of 60 Hz. The worst was 60.14 Hz which is still within a quarter percent of nominal so that isn't too bad. The other new model xantrex (and Jensen brand) inverters I tested had output frequencies ranging from 58 Hz to 64 Hz which is very poor.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great product, Seller was fast and accurate. Highly recommend.Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer
I love this thing! I don't think you could use it to power a blender on a camping trip. But, I ran a photo consession at a race track and could not get electricity to my booth. Read morePublished on March 1, 2014 by RON SALTER
The unit charged a couple of times that was it. I plugged into car Don't work want my money back.Published on December 11, 2013 by C. Bonner
the Xantrex unit would not take a charge with the ac adaptor when it was new out of the box, and now it will not take a charge from the DC converter. That makes the unit worthless. Read morePublished on March 3, 2012 by Fred
I got this battery/inverter to use it in combination with a solar panel, as a power source in places with no grid available. Read morePublished on May 31, 2011 by JWagner
A much needed and super useful product for my business.
Ordered TWICE and BOTH times AMAZON sent products manufactured from Oct. & Nov. 2006. Read more
I ordered this with next day shipping to arrive in time for a flight. When I got it, I found that the device itself was split along one of the seams on the side. Read morePublished on March 12, 2010 by J. S. Holmes
From the very moment I noticed that loading time was only 1 hour 40 minutes on the 3rd charge I knew something was wrong. Read morePublished on December 7, 2009 by M. Sanchez