Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Xbox 360 250GB HardDrive - Xbox Slim Only
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on November 22, 2011
This is a good item. It was as described, and it worked. I recommend this item to anyone. It worth every penny.
on December 3, 2013
Bought this thinking it was legit for the 360 slim. When I received the hard drive it looked in good shape but was wrapped in this cheap plastic. I thought, "Ok, the packaging shouldn't have anything to do with how it performs." But unfortunately in this case it did. Once I put it into my Xbox 360 slim the power button illuminated red and popped up with an E68 message. Very disappointed with this product. Just stick with the original Microsoft hard drive.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2015
my children are sharing this hard drive and they often fight over it. it is very useful when my son is playing his xbox. when he goes to the information he has no problem getting it. he wishes mom would buy another one for him and just him
on January 5, 2014
Decided to buy and original for one simple reason, it works and will work for the time to come. Had bad experiences before with knock off drives from random companies where the drive would crash a few weeks after using it and would lose all my game data, and to add to it the hacking on knock offs would be missing certain firmware where I would not be able to play old Xbox games, like Star Wars Battlefront 2. I know it is overpriced, rather spend 30 bucks extra now and not 60 extra later when trying for another one.
on March 15, 2013
Easy, simple, works great. If you need more disk space, this is an easy fix for pretty cheap dollars, and it's OEM so there no installation issues, just open the door, stick it in, close the door, done.
on July 5, 2011
This was a great buy. A little pricey in stores ($130 i think), but Amazon let me get it (w/ shipping included) for just under $100 -- and it wasn't generic, it was *Microsoft*.

The hard drive is great, the 4g is an amazing system, but I was getting so salty listening to that jet engine of a cd drive spin when I was playing games. With the 250g, I've installed all of my games, and now my slim is almost 100% silent all of the time. And even after installing around 6 games, I still have like 190g to go. Also, I CAN BURN CDS TO MY HD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great purchase. A++++

The only issue is that now that my system w/ the HDD has cost a total of $300 anyways, I kind of wish i had the other finish. Although, the 4g finish is just as pretty, and I've heard the 250g model collects all kinds of dirt and fingerprints.
on June 19, 2014
this harddrvie is a microsoft hard drive i just got it yesterday and have all my games downlaoded to it that is xbox360 games. xbox games do work as for backword compatible its great very happy with this hard drive awesome price and product.thanks Amazon.
on February 7, 2014
This is one of the easiest 'techy' items I've used. You just slide it into the port on the xbox360, and that's it. The system recognizes the drive and you don't have to initial, format, etc.; just start downloading games!
on October 25, 2013
The hard drive I received did not work when it was installed. It was not recognized at all by the xbox 360. My kids were very disappointed because we bought it so they could play an xbox game from the original xbox on their xbox 360. At $85 it was no bargain because other hard drives are far cheaper. This one looked legit and the packaging looked legit, but it felt light and didn't appear to be sealed up properly. I am convinced I got a cheap knock-off.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2014
Just bought this as a gift for my brother for Christmas. He had a crappy 3rd party hard drive that continually corrupted all of his save data. When it comes to your saves, get the Microsoft hard drive only. At least you can take comfort in knowing that they will work!