Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning girlss6 tgirlss6 girlss6  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 599 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 654 reviews
on January 7, 2014
he has not left his room since he got it. I know he is still alive though cause food comes up missing
55 comments| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon October 22, 2013
I am new to the Xbox 360 system, but my first impression is good. The console was easy to setup right out of the box, and everything seems high quality and durable. I've spent about a week trying out various games and features, and overall I'm satisfied with my purchase. I think this bundle would be a good starter set for casual gamers new to Xbox; it would also make a nice gift this holiday season.

The bundle features two best-selling and critically acclaimed games: "Halo 4", which comes in disc format; and "Tomb Raider", which comes in the form of a download code and instructions to redeem on Xbox Live. The unit also includes the trial versions of 6 games already downloaded - my favorite is an arcade game called "Peggle", which was so much fun I spent the $9.99 and bought the full version.

For those wondering if original XBOX games will work on the 360, the answer is primarily yes - this console will play most (not all) prior generation XBOX games. For what it's worth, I have tested several of the best-selling XBOX games, and they've all worked on the 360 unit. [Amazon user "Power House" very kindly posted a link to a full game compatibility list in the comments section]. Even those old games that do work on the 360, keep in mind that since they are not HD they don't look/sound as good as the newer games.

Two accessories are included in the bundle: a Wireless Remote (which can apparently reach up to 20-30 ft. away from the console) and a Headset (very cheaply made). The bundle also includes all required cables to get the unit working right out of the box - this includes a power cord and composite A/V cables. Unfortunately, an HDMI cable is NOT included, so you'll want to buy one if you wish to play/watch content in HD.

Xbox Kinect is a motion-based feature that allows you to play controller-free. This console is Kinect compatible, although it does not include the required sensor bar (so you won't be able to play Kinect games until you purchase it). If you are interested in the Kinect, then this bundle might be better for you: Xbox 360 E 250GB Kinect Holiday Value Bundle.

As a bonus, buyers get one month free of Xbox Live Gold membership. The Gold membership allows you to do online multiplayer and connect with your friends. You can also access video streaming services directly on the console - examples include Netflix and Hulu (in fact, you get a one month trial subscription to Hulu when you purchase this bundle). I should note that after your free trial ends, a 12-month membership (optional) to Xbox Live Gold is going to cost you approximately $60, depending on what type of deal you can get.
review image review image
99 comments| 187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2014
I love the XBOX 360. You can go onto the internet, watch dvds, listen to music and play games on it. It is worth the money. I bought for me.
VINE VOICEon December 30, 2013
It's a holiday bundle. It includes everything it says it does. My only problem with this is I knew I didn't want the games it came up with, but what was told by a friend was that I could exchange them as long as I kept the plastic on. WRONG. They have marked the games for non-sale.
on November 5, 2013
Bought this one to replace the arcade model i had for about 4 years after it took a s*** on me with the red ring of death. I'm very happy with this E model nice and shiny. Halo4 is a fun game just know tomb raider has to be downloaded.
on January 20, 2014
It's what I expected. Very quiet and got it as low as $200 and the best is that it brings 2 free games and 2 free month of xbox live gold membership.
on December 11, 2013
My fiancé is in love I think he wants to marry this thing more than me. Came on time and everything was in great shape well packaged and a awesome deal. So worth it
on December 12, 2013
This was an amazing value for the newest Xbox console. We didn't purchase it for the games, but for the purchase price instead. Our family has owned many Xbox consoles and this is by far the best deal we have found.
on May 19, 2015
FIRST IMPRESSIONS
Got this used, not because I don't think I'm worth it but because I think everyone deserves second chances. Came out of the box in great shape, looked good as new as promised, with those adhesive clear plastic sheets still on the decals. Though it had been used "barely out of the package" it still had everything that was in the bundle: the two games, headset and appropriate wiring. Not sure why the previous owner so quickly abandoned it, I can imagine it's a sensitive subject so I haven't asked.

COMPARISON TO OLDER MODELS
For anyone who's been using the older generation 360's so far this has been a great upgrade. Overheating was an issue with the last 2 older consoles I watched die briefly after purchase, and their short lives were marked by overworked fans desperately (LOUDLY) trying to save them from their fate. When the red ring of death announced the reaper's presence, I did all I could: replacing the heat sinks, repairing fan blades, playing soothing Celtic music. To no avail.

This new model is so cool and quiet I have to check to make sure it's actually on before I switch my monitors (have it facing away from my desk, I don't allow advanced electronics the chance to look me in the eye, it's a respect thing).

So far no hiccups with play or any slow downs in the drive that I can detect. I plan on downloading quite a bit of my games so it's nice to know that with 250GB this thing will soon know more about me than I care to remember about myself.

Once I've had it a bit longer and gotten past the honeymoon phase I'll update with pros and cons.
on February 21, 2015
Another review for xBox... Cool.
I use this mostly for Amazon Prime Video. It works well for that. I like playing games I just don't have time for it much these days.
The 360 is well made and does a lot of great stuff.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.