Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 601 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 656 reviews
on January 7, 2014
he has not left his room since he got it. I know he is still alive though cause food comes up missing
55 comments| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon October 22, 2013
I am new to the Xbox 360 system, but my first impression is good. The console was easy to setup right out of the box, and everything seems high quality and durable. I've spent about a week trying out various games and features, and overall I'm satisfied with my purchase. I think this bundle would be a good starter set for casual gamers new to Xbox; it would also make a nice gift this holiday season.

The bundle features two best-selling and critically acclaimed games: "Halo 4", which comes in disc format; and "Tomb Raider", which comes in the form of a download code and instructions to redeem on Xbox Live. The unit also includes the trial versions of 6 games already downloaded - my favorite is an arcade game called "Peggle", which was so much fun I spent the $9.99 and bought the full version.

For those wondering if original XBOX games will work on the 360, the answer is primarily yes - this console will play most (not all) prior generation XBOX games. For what it's worth, I have tested several of the best-selling XBOX games, and they've all worked on the 360 unit. [Amazon user "Power House" very kindly posted a link to a full game compatibility list in the comments section]. Even those old games that do work on the 360, keep in mind that since they are not HD they don't look/sound as good as the newer games.

Two accessories are included in the bundle: a Wireless Remote (which can apparently reach up to 20-30 ft. away from the console) and a Headset (very cheaply made). The bundle also includes all required cables to get the unit working right out of the box - this includes a power cord and composite A/V cables. Unfortunately, an HDMI cable is NOT included, so you'll want to buy one if you wish to play/watch content in HD.

Xbox Kinect is a motion-based feature that allows you to play controller-free. This console is Kinect compatible, although it does not include the required sensor bar (so you won't be able to play Kinect games until you purchase it). If you are interested in the Kinect, then this bundle might be better for you: Xbox 360 E 250GB Kinect Holiday Value Bundle.

As a bonus, buyers get one month free of Xbox Live Gold membership. The Gold membership allows you to do online multiplayer and connect with your friends. You can also access video streaming services directly on the console - examples include Netflix and Hulu (in fact, you get a one month trial subscription to Hulu when you purchase this bundle). I should note that after your free trial ends, a 12-month membership (optional) to Xbox Live Gold is going to cost you approximately $60, depending on what type of deal you can get.
review image review image
99 comments| 187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2015
FIRST IMPRESSIONS
Got this used, not because I don't think I'm worth it but because I think everyone deserves second chances. Came out of the box in great shape, looked good as new as promised, with those adhesive clear plastic sheets still on the decals. Though it had been used "barely out of the package" it still had everything that was in the bundle: the two games, headset and appropriate wiring. Not sure why the previous owner so quickly abandoned it, I can imagine it's a sensitive subject so I haven't asked.

COMPARISON TO OLDER MODELS
For anyone who's been using the older generation 360's so far this has been a great upgrade. Overheating was an issue with the last 2 older consoles I watched die briefly after purchase, and their short lives were marked by overworked fans desperately (LOUDLY) trying to save them from their fate. When the red ring of death announced the reaper's presence, I did all I could: replacing the heat sinks, repairing fan blades, playing soothing Celtic music. To no avail.

This new model is so cool and quiet I have to check to make sure it's actually on before I switch my monitors (have it facing away from my desk, I don't allow advanced electronics the chance to look me in the eye, it's a respect thing).

So far no hiccups with play or any slow downs in the drive that I can detect. I plan on downloading quite a bit of my games so it's nice to know that with 250GB this thing will soon know more about me than I care to remember about myself.

Once I've had it a bit longer and gotten past the honeymoon phase I'll update with pros and cons.
on March 14, 2015
Bought this for $190 during black Friday 2013 for my 10 year old son so he could play Minecraft. Played both Tomb Raider and Halo all the way through. I loved Tomb Raider. It takes the graphical capabilities of this console to it's maximum potential. I was amazed, and loved every minute of it. Halo was kinda boring. I'm not so sure what the hype is about this game. The console still works almost a year and a half later. We own at least 30 game discs, most of them I picked up at used game stores or here for less than $10 each. It gets heavy use, about 3-4 hours a day. It also works well as a media center. We used to use it to watch Netflix and Amazon Primes network of shows. I've recently switched to using XBMC though as that is far superior to anything a paid service can even offer. The harddrive is large. I have about 30 games downloaded onto it. You can pick up a subcription to XBOX Live which lets you play with other people online, and also gives you access to daily/weekly/monthly deals on games. Just about every game I've picked up off there has been less than $10. I've bought a game for less than $4. Many great deals.

The only gripe I have about this console is that there aren't very many good RPGs for this console. If you like RPG games there are plenty to choose from, but most of them are more like American based, action role playing games, most of them are PC ports over to console. There aren't many JRPG games. There are 10-15 total. I enjoyed Final Fantasy 13, and 13-2, Lost Oddesey, Tales of Vesperia, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, but the list stops there unless you want to pay a ton of money for one of the other 5 that I've missed. Had I known that PS3 was going to be releasing Minecraft for the PS3 a few months after Christmas that year, I would have gone with that console for that very reason. Microsoft really needs to stop dropping the ball on RPG games! If you like shooters? OMG there is an overabundance of shooter games for this system. It's crazy. I'm not a big fan of shooter, but I enjoyed playing Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Farcry 3, Farcry: Blood Dragon, and Borderlands.
on January 20, 2014
It's what I expected. Very quiet and got it as low as $200 and the best is that it brings 2 free games and 2 free month of xbox live gold membership.
on February 8, 2014
I purchased this console as a Christmas present for myself in January. As always, Amazon's delivery service was prompt and I received it in three days. Included in the package are, Xbox 360 E console, an AV and power cable, one controller and batteries, a cheap Xbox headset that you may as well toss, and one month of Xbox life which includes a free month of Hulu plus as well as the two games. Downside: The package does not include an HDMI cable which you will want to procure in order to receive the best quality picture.
Since I purchased the console, I have been using it to play Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The console performs exceptionally well and keeps the frame rate up to speed even during intense combat. I have experienced few glitches while playing, most of which occurred when loading a new area. When you first turn on the console, you will have to download an update or two from Microsoft in order to access Xbox live. This is a minimal setback but just a few more minutes you will have to wait to play.
Overall, this console is a great choice if you don't want to pay the full price for the Xbox one, or in my case, the game you want to play is not available for the One. The console, as shown, is a glossy black which fits in much better with the rest of your gaming paraphernalia. Unlike the original 360, who has a white television? The console has four USB ports which you probably won't need since the internal hard drive is plenty large to cater to you movies, games and DLC demands. The only negative feedback I can offer is, the controller will not accept a normal headphone jack and you must use Xbox accessories.
If gaming is your forte and you are looking for a stylish and capable console to handle your gaming needs, the Xbox 360 E is definitely for you.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2015
I bought this to replace a broken Jasper unit, and I am really glad. For a second I thought I'd get an Xbox One, but I am glad that I didn't, for the time being I don't need one.

The MUCH smaller footprint makes it fit better in your setup (although the power supply is still a gigantic brick), and it's also VERY silent, which was something that pissed me off with my old 360 (and a problem with XBox One's current generation), I only hear the console when it's accessing a disc, and faintly!
Everything works great and this was a great bundle to get started with. The games included are awesome, and the 250GB hard drive is very, very handy.

Transferring all my data from my old 360 was a breeze.

A very recommended, still current platform, at an affordable price.
on April 15, 2014
This will be my fifth or sixth Xbox 360 throughout my gaming history. Some I've sold, one got banned, others died. My last 360, I sold as soon as the Xbox One came out. I love my Xbox One, but I recently have wanted to go back and play 360 games, so this is just my run down of the bundle and my experience.

I really love the new look of the Xbox 360. I owned this version right before the Xbox One came out, and happy to see that this what is included in this bundle. The new style is really quiet, especially compared to any other older 360 models. The look matches perfectly with my Xbox One.

The two games bundled are Halo 4 and Tomb Raider, both games I have played and completed, but really couldn't be more excited about getting to play them again. Halo 4 was fun, obviously it's no Halo 2 or 3, but it was definitely enjoyable for a while, until the online community died out, but I'll have fun mopping up a few achievements. Now, I truly enjoyed Tomb Raider and can not wait to play it again.

Overall, excellent bundle, I'm sure there will be a price drop soon enough, but I just didn't mind buying one more Xbox 360 for $250.
on June 13, 2014
I was incredibly excited to purchase this, mainly because I have wanted an Xbox for quite a long while but never had the money. I thought this was a wonderful deal, but there is one issue. I can't find the Xbox Live Gold token ANYWHERE. I very carefully unpacked the box and found everything except the Xbox Live Gold token.

This is a wonderful console and good for it, but I'm just saying that the company I bought it from, Worldwide Sales, seems to be a little sub-par if they fail to include a key component to the bundle.

*UPDATE*
Up from one star to three stars for WONDERFUL amazon customer service! I told them the issue and they refunded me $10 from my original purchase so that I can buy a new Xbox Live Gold code! Thank you so much guys :) I appreciate it.

It seems to me that this is a one-time fluke, but just be careful!
on February 28, 2014
Picked up this Xbox 360 for my father for Christmas because he's never had an Xbox, and at the end of the lifespan for the 360. I thought it would make a great gift since he can now get lots of games discounted that he's never gotten to play before. (Plus I can let him borrow my 360 games.)

The price was as good as buying all of the items used separately. ($180 for the console, a disc game, and a download code for the other.) Very pleased with the value, being able to give my father a brand new console and two games for this price! It's the 250GB console in the "new" design. (More box-y like a cable box/VCR) This is plenty of space even for installing a good amount of games to the hard drive (My 250GB Xbox isn't even half-filled since I tend to buy discs on sale rather than downloading full games, though certain games run significantly better when installed to the drive.)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.