Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on January 10, 2014
UPDATE 1/17/14

STILL NO RESOLUTION. HERE'S THE WORDS FROM THE CHAT TRANSCRIPT WITH ANOTHER SUPPORT PERSON IN INDIA:

AMAZON:I understand you're upset regarding this situation and I do understand that one of my co-workers already told you that this issue can only be solved by the Marketing and Promotions Team, but unfortunately we are not able to generate memberships or codes for your xbox, only this Marketing and Promotions team is able to. I'm going to escalate the case once again in order for them to reach you as soon as possible

###

I ordered this bundle for Christmas. The XBOX360 Kinnect is awesome as are the other accessories I purchased. I'm going into week 3, however, of customer support run arounds with Amazon and their marketing team on fulfilling the promised 1 year XBOX360 LIVE gold membership.

DATE RAISED -- 12/26/13
DATE STILL OPEN -- 1/10/14

fine print NOT FULFILLED ON THE AMAZON PROMO EXCLUSIVE BUNDLE:
7. Receive a promotional credit good toward the full cost of a 12 Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership. We will deposit the credit in your account within two days of when your product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Tech support continues to suggest that the marketing team will respond in 24-48 hours. It's been 3 weeks and 4 escalations with tech support and I'm still not resolved on this. Disappointing since I've been an avid and active PRIME customer!

Hoping Amazon makes this right!
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on November 23, 2015
Seller "Mann Industries" was the best I've dealt with on any site. He went out of his way to help me get this quickly for a birthday, maintained contact and included all cords as well as a gift from his own collection. He typed set up instructions since he no longer had the originals and included his personal cell in case I had any issues. The system itself is awesome. We've played many games, utilized streaming services as well as kinect without any issues. Movie discs play beautifully as well. I highly recommend this system for those with kids/ teens as there are tons of games available for it. For those with friends/ family at a distance you can still chat/ play online together as if they're in the room with you! No hesitation necessary.. Worth every penny!!
on March 10, 2014
I got this as a birthday gift for my son. I consider myself pretty savy with the "electronic world" having laptops, computers, Ds's, Ipads, wii, ect...and thought this would be similar. Boy was I wrong. Out of the box, the instructions showed us how to connect everything, which is pretty simple considering only some cords fit in certain areas. There was absolutely nothing on how to actually set up the console. Thank goodness for relatives that have one...they were a Godsend helping me. Four hours later....we finally got to play a game.
The Kinect is nice and I almost was in awe over it, until I used it for a while. It reads me ok, my son ok, but will not work with my husband. Any slightest movement around the play area "freezes" the game for a few moments, leaving the players frustrated and our toddler feeling left out. I have to say, some games are better than others, but for the price tag of that as an extra device, could be better.

All in all, it's a good gaming system, but think could be so much better considering the price. We left our wii hooked up also, which believe it or not, went back to play after only 3 days of having the xbox. Maybe a comfort zone? Or maybe the xbox is for a certain age type of users. I'm glad we purchased it and maybe after use, will enjoy it even more.
on January 4, 2014
this is one of the best gift i have ever received. The 360 w/ kinect is so awesome. the 3 games: Forza Horizon, Kinect adventures, and kinect sports 2 are amazing. The best is Forza. It uses Kinect for the GPS, so you don't have to activate GPS with the controller. This games graphics are amazing, and the races are fun. Moving on to sports, Kinect Sports contains Darts (my personal fav), Baseball, tennis, skiing, football, and golf. Better than the first by far. Kinect Adventures is also fun, but is not as good as the others. The actual kinect sensor is really accurate and does not lag at all. And of course the xbox 360. The crown jewel of the all the gaming systems. You can create as many profiles as you want, and customize your profile characters up the a mole on the left center cheek (seriously). I would hurry up and buy this bundle before it disappears. Totally worth the money. Great birthday present.
2 helpful votes
on January 10, 2014
Great console, I have never owned one but my boys have. I thought since I now have time I would buy one. The graphics are great as was the assortment of games included. I went on to buy a Turtle Beach headset and another MS wireless Controller. Forza is visually striking, and I have purchased Bioshock online for $4.99 through the 360 unit. Easy set up and easy to connect to my WIFI.
It also came with Dance which I have not yet set up the Kinect to rate that...
on December 30, 2013
Very nice game system at a great bundle price. This is perfect for our daughters. The Xbox One was just too much and too new. This bundle was sale priced less than half of the bottom package of the ONE. Included games are fun and have provided some laughs and much entertainment. Forza is a download and takes about 2 hours to download (we have fast internet too...) so I'd recommend doing it overnight - not when the kids are impatiently waiting to play!

Only complaint (and it's not really a complaint) is Microsoft's security. I had to input multiple email addresses, phone numbers, retrieve codes, enter them, and RE-ENTER them several times to get going on Xbox live and one of the Kinect games... Security is a good thing, but it just seemed like overkill combined with the fact that we had to do it 3-4 times.

Also, don't know why anyone would get the 4gb Xbox. Forza alone was over 6gb!
on March 28, 2014
I bought this pkg back in Oct of 2013. It was a Christmas from me & and my husband for our sons. The boys have been using this since Christmas day. Not everyday, just from Friday thru Sunday. Usually about 2 - 3 hrs of playtime. When it get's hot, our boys know that they have to turn it off. Well just this AM, while they were playing, not even a 1/2 hr, we got a solid red ring on the power button. I went online to try to find a way to fix this problem. I've even watched a few videos in You Tube about the RROD. I've unplugged all the cords, as well as the power cord, removed the hard drive and put everything back & nothing. My husband thought he heard a clicking sound, but I didn't hear it.......I don't know. I really do like the system overall, but this really sucks. Do I get it fix or replace the console?
on March 27, 2014
slightly slimmer but not much.very quiet.the games are outdated.delivered very quickly and in new condition.the only thing is it did not come with an HD connection cable.you would think microsoft would include this in a "bundle".setup was easy but did require about an hour to complete.you will need xbox gold membership to use the online services.i knew this and am very happy with the gold service.easy to follow directions also.
on February 9, 2014
I'm a Sony fan. Loved the Playstation since PSOne. Recently Sony has made some bad decisions with their TV and Console business. So I bought this system to compete with the PS3 that I've owned for years. I am upset that the new PS4 and Xbox One are limited on backwards compatibility with their library of games, playing mp3's, and playing movie files. Before I buy a next gen system I'm going to use both this xbox 360 and ps3 equally for the next year and half or so to see who will win my money in the future. So far Microsoft is leading with the idea of the Cloud server game Titanfall coming out in march. However both PS4 and Xbox One let me down out of the gate not having a touch screen game controller that would allow me to take my games and movies with me while away from the console.
on November 19, 2013
Last time Microsoft updated the Xbox 360, it was 2010. The so-called Xbox 360 S added some much-needed upgrades to the 360, including built-in Wi-Fi, a larger hard drive, and a smaller chassis. More importantly, the 360 S was quieter, and incorporated a new hardware design that eliminated the notorious "Red Ring of Death" overheating issue that afflicted the 360 since it was first introduced in 2005. For 2013, Microsoft has introduced another version of the 360, known as the Xbox 360 E. But with its successor, the Xbox One, hitting stores in November -- along with its arch-rival, the PlayStation 4 -- is there any reason to sink $300 into a new 360? And even if you do set your sights on the 360, is the latest model the biggest bang for your buck? I spent some time with the 360 E, and here's what I found out. The new 360 vs. the previous 360 A bit smaller than 2010's Xbox 360 S (I'm talking millimeters here), there's really only a few aesthetic changes to the design of the 360 E. For starters, it's designed to fall in line with stylings of the Xbox 360's incoming successor, Xbox One. The 360 E shares a similar glossy and matte mashup with angled grilles on top and on either side for On the back panel, the all-important HDMI connection is still there, but there's no longer a multi-AV out port. Instead, what's left is a jack for a 1/8-inch breakout AV cable. A cable for a composite connection (yellow video plus red/white stereo audio) comes in the box, but you'll need to find a component one for HD. The good news is that the cables are no longer proprietary. The bad news? Still, to this day, you cannot play Xbox 360 in HD right out of the box without supplying your own cables. Microsoft has eliminated some of the versatile connection interfaces that were present on the 360 S -- which is actually kind of a bummer. Gone is the dedicated optical audio-out found on earlier 360 models. That means the only way to get surround sound is through the HDMI connection. If you're like me and have a slightly older AV receiver that can't accept audio over HDMI, you might be in trouble. If this wasn't enough, the Xbox 360 E actually removes a USB port as well. You're probably not going to feel the impact of only having a total of four ports (two in the front, two in the back) as opposed to five, but when you're paying the same price as a 360 S, one would assume that all the parts would be kept intact. Another slight difference: the touch power and eject controls from the 360 S have been replaced with more-traditional physical buttons. There are, however, a few things that survived the trip from S to E. The 360 E maintains the elusive infrared port (so, unlike the IR-less PS3, you can still use standard remote controls) and a replaceable hard drive (you'll still need to use the proprietary Microsoft model, not just a standard laptop HDD). What else is different? Not a whole lot. The 360 E can stand horizontally or vertically. The power slot is differently shaped, but the inline power brick from the S is still present. Ethernet and Wi-Fi are still onboard for online connectivity, and the dedicated Kinect port remains. Microsoft debuted the E console saying it would run quieter and cooler. During my few weeks with it I did notice those two things to be true, but nowhere near the dramatic improvement going from a "classic" white 360 (the 2005 version) to the 360 S (2010 version). If temperature and noise are your two biggest reasons for seeking an upgrade, allow me to talk you out of it. Gaming and entertainment options The Xbox 360 is the top-selling game console of this generation with good reason. The game library is top-notch, with all of the top third-party games you'll also find on PS3 (Madden, Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, BioShock, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and so forth), plus a handful of key Xbox exclusives, such as the Halo, Gears of War, and the Forza series, as well as the upcoming Titanfall. There's also a great selection of smaller downloadable indie titles on Xbox Live Arcade.
15 helpful votes
16 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.