Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 354 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 392 reviews
on November 6, 2013
I managed to pick this up when Amazon had it listed for $249, a bargain in my book (...wouldn't be surprised to see a similar discount again with Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up...). For anyone that doesn't already have an Xbox 360 and wants a Kinect to go along with it, this is the bundle to get. Microsoft's most recent "E" iteration of the unit gives it a simpler slightly slimmed down look which blends in nicely with all my other entertainment center tech (the power pack is enormous though, make sure you have room to tuck it away behind something). To anyone that already has a recent 360, there's not much reason to upgrade, everything else is pretty much the same under the hood.

The internal 250GB drive should be sufficient to store a decent amount of downloaded games and additional DLC - if you're considering the 4GB version, be aware that this may limit you sooner than you might think as many disc-based games now make it necessary to offload some content onto the hard drive (even if you have no intention of purchasing fully-digital copies of games). You could always buy a hard drive later, but if the price is right with the 250GB included already, why not spring for it?

The Forza Horizon game included in the bundle is a digital copy - a card with a download code is included in the box. The two Kinect games have the discs included. The Kinect turned out to be a lot of fun but make sure you have plenty of space. I have the Kinect mounted on the top of my 55" Panny plasma (make sure you buy the mounting clip separately if you want to mount on top of your flat screen!) and I measured 8 feet from the front of the unit to the edge of my couch, and this turned out to be not enough space, still ended up having to rearrange the furniture. Realistically I would say make sure you have about 10 feet of distance between where you'll stand and the Kinect. There are some "zoom lens" products sold for the Kinect as well to try to decrease this minimum distance, I have not gone this route as reviews seem to be mixed. But YMMV.

Finally, I made this purchase fully aware that the next generation Xbox One will be out by the end of the month. I reasoned that the upfront hardware cost for the aging Xbox 360 is a good value for the price I paid, many of the games will be much cheaper (and at least for now, are still widely available), and I anticipate Microsoft will still support the system for a least a few more years even after the Xbox One is released, if prior generations are any indication. As the "E" version is also the last version of the 360 to be made, I'm hoping all the hardware kinks have been worked out by this point. Not comfortable jumping right in with the new One hardware at release, especially after seeing what happened when the 360 hardware was first released. I'm comfortable with waiting 2-3 years before considering an Xbox One when the hardware has been proven and there's a solid library of games to choose from.
44 comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2014
UPDATE 1/17/14

STILL NO RESOLUTION. HERE'S THE WORDS FROM THE CHAT TRANSCRIPT WITH ANOTHER SUPPORT PERSON IN INDIA:

AMAZON:I understand you're upset regarding this situation and I do understand that one of my co-workers already told you that this issue can only be solved by the Marketing and Promotions Team, but unfortunately we are not able to generate memberships or codes for your xbox, only this Marketing and Promotions team is able to. I'm going to escalate the case once again in order for them to reach you as soon as possible

###

I ordered this bundle for Christmas. The XBOX360 Kinnect is awesome as are the other accessories I purchased. I'm going into week 3, however, of customer support run arounds with Amazon and their marketing team on fulfilling the promised 1 year XBOX360 LIVE gold membership.

DATE RAISED -- 12/26/13
DATE STILL OPEN -- 1/10/14

fine print NOT FULFILLED ON THE AMAZON PROMO EXCLUSIVE BUNDLE:
7. Receive a promotional credit good toward the full cost of a 12 Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership. We will deposit the credit in your account within two days of when your product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Tech support continues to suggest that the marketing team will respond in 24-48 hours. It's been 3 weeks and 4 escalations with tech support and I'm still not resolved on this. Disappointing since I've been an avid and active PRIME customer!

Hoping Amazon makes this right!
on November 23, 2015
Seller "Mann Industries" was the best I've dealt with on any site. He went out of his way to help me get this quickly for a birthday, maintained contact and included all cords as well as a gift from his own collection. He typed set up instructions since he no longer had the originals and included his personal cell in case I had any issues. The system itself is awesome. We've played many games, utilized streaming services as well as kinect without any issues. Movie discs play beautifully as well. I highly recommend this system for those with kids/ teens as there are tons of games available for it. For those with friends/ family at a distance you can still chat/ play online together as if they're in the room with you! No hesitation necessary.. Worth every penny!!
on March 10, 2014
I got this as a birthday gift for my son. I consider myself pretty savy with the "electronic world" having laptops, computers, Ds's, Ipads, wii, ect...and thought this would be similar. Boy was I wrong. Out of the box, the instructions showed us how to connect everything, which is pretty simple considering only some cords fit in certain areas. There was absolutely nothing on how to actually set up the console. Thank goodness for relatives that have one...they were a Godsend helping me. Four hours later....we finally got to play a game.
The Kinect is nice and I almost was in awe over it, until I used it for a while. It reads me ok, my son ok, but will not work with my husband. Any slightest movement around the play area "freezes" the game for a few moments, leaving the players frustrated and our toddler feeling left out. I have to say, some games are better than others, but for the price tag of that as an extra device, could be better.

All in all, it's a good gaming system, but think could be so much better considering the price. We left our wii hooked up also, which believe it or not, went back to play after only 3 days of having the xbox. Maybe a comfort zone? Or maybe the xbox is for a certain age type of users. I'm glad we purchased it and maybe after use, will enjoy it even more.
on January 4, 2014
this is one of the best gift i have ever received. The 360 w/ kinect is so awesome. the 3 games: Forza Horizon, Kinect adventures, and kinect sports 2 are amazing. The best is Forza. It uses Kinect for the GPS, so you don't have to activate GPS with the controller. This games graphics are amazing, and the races are fun. Moving on to sports, Kinect Sports contains Darts (my personal fav), Baseball, tennis, skiing, football, and golf. Better than the first by far. Kinect Adventures is also fun, but is not as good as the others. The actual kinect sensor is really accurate and does not lag at all. And of course the xbox 360. The crown jewel of the all the gaming systems. You can create as many profiles as you want, and customize your profile characters up the a mole on the left center cheek (seriously). I would hurry up and buy this bundle before it disappears. Totally worth the money. Great birthday present.
on January 10, 2014
Great console, I have never owned one but my boys have. I thought since I now have time I would buy one. The graphics are great as was the assortment of games included. I went on to buy a Turtle Beach headset and another MS wireless Controller. Forza is visually striking, and I have purchased Bioshock online for $4.99 through the 360 unit. Easy set up and easy to connect to my WIFI.
It also came with Dance which I have not yet set up the Kinect to rate that...
on December 30, 2013
Very nice game system at a great bundle price. This is perfect for our daughters. The Xbox One was just too much and too new. This bundle was sale priced less than half of the bottom package of the ONE. Included games are fun and have provided some laughs and much entertainment. Forza is a download and takes about 2 hours to download (we have fast internet too...) so I'd recommend doing it overnight - not when the kids are impatiently waiting to play!

Only complaint (and it's not really a complaint) is Microsoft's security. I had to input multiple email addresses, phone numbers, retrieve codes, enter them, and RE-ENTER them several times to get going on Xbox live and one of the Kinect games... Security is a good thing, but it just seemed like overkill combined with the fact that we had to do it 3-4 times.

Also, don't know why anyone would get the 4gb Xbox. Forza alone was over 6gb!
on March 28, 2014
I bought this pkg back in Oct of 2013. It was a Christmas from me & and my husband for our sons. The boys have been using this since Christmas day. Not everyday, just from Friday thru Sunday. Usually about 2 - 3 hrs of playtime. When it get's hot, our boys know that they have to turn it off. Well just this AM, while they were playing, not even a 1/2 hr, we got a solid red ring on the power button. I went online to try to find a way to fix this problem. I've even watched a few videos in You Tube about the RROD. I've unplugged all the cords, as well as the power cord, removed the hard drive and put everything back & nothing. My husband thought he heard a clicking sound, but I didn't hear it.......I don't know. I really do like the system overall, but this really sucks. Do I get it fix or replace the console?
on March 27, 2014
slightly slimmer but not much.very quiet.the games are outdated.delivered very quickly and in new condition.the only thing is it did not come with an HD connection cable.you would think microsoft would include this in a "bundle".setup was easy but did require about an hour to complete.you will need xbox gold membership to use the online services.i knew this and am very happy with the gold service.easy to follow directions also.
on February 9, 2014
I'm a Sony fan. Loved the Playstation since PSOne. Recently Sony has made some bad decisions with their TV and Console business. So I bought this system to compete with the PS3 that I've owned for years. I am upset that the new PS4 and Xbox One are limited on backwards compatibility with their library of games, playing mp3's, and playing movie files. Before I buy a next gen system I'm going to use both this xbox 360 and ps3 equally for the next year and half or so to see who will win my money in the future. So far Microsoft is leading with the idea of the Cloud server game Titanfall coming out in march. However both PS4 and Xbox One let me down out of the gate not having a touch screen game controller that would allow me to take my games and movies with me while away from the console.