Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 356 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 395 reviews
on November 6, 2013
I managed to pick this up when Amazon had it listed for $249, a bargain in my book (...wouldn't be surprised to see a similar discount again with Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up...). For anyone that doesn't already have an Xbox 360 and wants a Kinect to go along with it, this is the bundle to get. Microsoft's most recent "E" iteration of the unit gives it a simpler slightly slimmed down look which blends in nicely with all my other entertainment center tech (the power pack is enormous though, make sure you have room to tuck it away behind something). To anyone that already has a recent 360, there's not much reason to upgrade, everything else is pretty much the same under the hood.

The internal 250GB drive should be sufficient to store a decent amount of downloaded games and additional DLC - if you're considering the 4GB version, be aware that this may limit you sooner than you might think as many disc-based games now make it necessary to offload some content onto the hard drive (even if you have no intention of purchasing fully-digital copies of games). You could always buy a hard drive later, but if the price is right with the 250GB included already, why not spring for it?

The Forza Horizon game included in the bundle is a digital copy - a card with a download code is included in the box. The two Kinect games have the discs included. The Kinect turned out to be a lot of fun but make sure you have plenty of space. I have the Kinect mounted on the top of my 55" Panny plasma (make sure you buy the mounting clip separately if you want to mount on top of your flat screen!) and I measured 8 feet from the front of the unit to the edge of my couch, and this turned out to be not enough space, still ended up having to rearrange the furniture. Realistically I would say make sure you have about 10 feet of distance between where you'll stand and the Kinect. There are some "zoom lens" products sold for the Kinect as well to try to decrease this minimum distance, I have not gone this route as reviews seem to be mixed. But YMMV.

Finally, I made this purchase fully aware that the next generation Xbox One will be out by the end of the month. I reasoned that the upfront hardware cost for the aging Xbox 360 is a good value for the price I paid, many of the games will be much cheaper (and at least for now, are still widely available), and I anticipate Microsoft will still support the system for a least a few more years even after the Xbox One is released, if prior generations are any indication. As the "E" version is also the last version of the 360 to be made, I'm hoping all the hardware kinks have been worked out by this point. Not comfortable jumping right in with the new One hardware at release, especially after seeing what happened when the 360 hardware was first released. I'm comfortable with waiting 2-3 years before considering an Xbox One when the hardware has been proven and there's a solid library of games to choose from.
44 comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2014
slightly slimmer but not much.very quiet.the games are outdated.delivered very quickly and in new condition.the only thing is it did not come with an HD connection cable.you would think microsoft would include this in a "bundle".setup was easy but did require about an hour to complete.you will need xbox gold membership to use the online services.i knew this and am very happy with the gold service.easy to follow directions also.
on June 20, 2014
The package was received without any damage. So for the unit is working well, I will give another review in 60 days
on July 28, 2016
it was as advertised and fast shipping
on December 29, 2014
Love the one I have. Gave this 360 as a gift and isn't set up yet.
on November 5, 2013
Wow. What a deal! Everything in one box...including 2AA batteries for the controller. If you hear faint screams on Christmas morning, it will be coming from my house. This is what I've been looking for and I didn't have to leave the house to get it. Only drawback...if you want Hi Def, you'll need an HDMI cable.
on November 19, 2013
Last time Microsoft updated the Xbox 360, it was 2010. The so-called Xbox 360 S added some much-needed upgrades to the 360, including built-in Wi-Fi, a larger hard drive, and a smaller chassis. More importantly, the 360 S was quieter, and incorporated a new hardware design that eliminated the notorious "Red Ring of Death" overheating issue that afflicted the 360 since it was first introduced in 2005. For 2013, Microsoft has introduced another version of the 360, known as the Xbox 360 E. But with its successor, the Xbox One, hitting stores in November -- along with its arch-rival, the PlayStation 4 -- is there any reason to sink $300 into a new 360? And even if you do set your sights on the 360, is the latest model the biggest bang for your buck? I spent some time with the 360 E, and here's what I found out. The new 360 vs. the previous 360 A bit smaller than 2010's Xbox 360 S (I'm talking millimeters here), there's really only a few aesthetic changes to the design of the 360 E. For starters, it's designed to fall in line with stylings of the Xbox 360's incoming successor, Xbox One. The 360 E shares a similar glossy and matte mashup with angled grilles on top and on either side for On the back panel, the all-important HDMI connection is still there, but there's no longer a multi-AV out port. Instead, what's left is a jack for a 1/8-inch breakout AV cable. A cable for a composite connection (yellow video plus red/white stereo audio) comes in the box, but you'll need to find a component one for HD. The good news is that the cables are no longer proprietary. The bad news? Still, to this day, you cannot play Xbox 360 in HD right out of the box without supplying your own cables. Microsoft has eliminated some of the versatile connection interfaces that were present on the 360 S -- which is actually kind of a bummer. Gone is the dedicated optical audio-out found on earlier 360 models. That means the only way to get surround sound is through the HDMI connection. If you're like me and have a slightly older AV receiver that can't accept audio over HDMI, you might be in trouble. If this wasn't enough, the Xbox 360 E actually removes a USB port as well. You're probably not going to feel the impact of only having a total of four ports (two in the front, two in the back) as opposed to five, but when you're paying the same price as a 360 S, one would assume that all the parts would be kept intact. Another slight difference: the touch power and eject controls from the 360 S have been replaced with more-traditional physical buttons. There are, however, a few things that survived the trip from S to E. The 360 E maintains the elusive infrared port (so, unlike the IR-less PS3, you can still use standard remote controls) and a replaceable hard drive (you'll still need to use the proprietary Microsoft model, not just a standard laptop HDD). What else is different? Not a whole lot. The 360 E can stand horizontally or vertically. The power slot is differently shaped, but the inline power brick from the S is still present. Ethernet and Wi-Fi are still onboard for online connectivity, and the dedicated Kinect port remains. Microsoft debuted the E console saying it would run quieter and cooler. During my few weeks with it I did notice those two things to be true, but nowhere near the dramatic improvement going from a "classic" white 360 (the 2005 version) to the 360 S (2010 version). If temperature and noise are your two biggest reasons for seeking an upgrade, allow me to talk you out of it. Gaming and entertainment options The Xbox 360 is the top-selling game console of this generation with good reason. The game library is top-notch, with all of the top third-party games you'll also find on PS3 (Madden, Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, BioShock, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and so forth), plus a handful of key Xbox exclusives, such as the Halo, Gears of War, and the Forza series, as well as the upcoming Titanfall. There's also a great selection of smaller downloadable indie titles on Xbox Live Arcade.
I have four Xbox 360's in my house since I use them as extenders for my Windows Media Center PC that runs my TV. But one of them was the original Xbox 360 from the initial release when they first started being sold. It still worked (no red ring of death) but was noisy as all you know what and didn't have a large hard drive. I've got the Xbox One preordered already, but since games aren't backwards compatible I knew I have to keep a 360 system on my main TV in the great room anyway. So I thought I'd take advantage of decent pricing and get a new one that will sit next to the XB1 when it arrives, that will be in warranty for a little while as well. And this way I can move the slim into my Halo Vanguard portable gaming system, pull the elite out of there to put back into my room, and shuffle things about. And all this will free up an Xbox I can give away to someone.

The unit itself is nice. People are complaining about the lack of an optical audio out, so if you need that, the 360E is not for you. I use HDMI so not an issue for me at all. The controller is standard, as is the Kinect (although there's a bit more to the logo than my existing Kinect). The power brick is similar to the one for the Xbox 360 slim, but rather than two power barrels on the end, there's just one barrel with multiple sections on the cylinder. There's a network port still which I like, since I don't like saturating my wireless with things that I can run plugged into my gigabit network here at home.

The unit is nice. I like that it's more a match to the forthcoming Xbox One, and I like the less intrusive appearance from the front, since the power button and lights are a fraction of the size of previous version's power buttons. This comes at a cost, however. There is no longer any indication of what controllers are connected, like you used to be able to see with the four different quarter arc lights around the power button indicating player 1, player 2, etc. There is no more indication of any controller connected whatsoever. This is a bit of a deprecation, but since it's generally me and my 10 year old son playing, it's not something that impacts us.

The buttons are buttons again, not just sensors like the Xbox Slim had. Physical clicking buttons for power and eject.

Fit and finish is nice.

But the big thing is the silence. And it is VERY silent. I'm about 15 feet away on the couch and can't hear anything at all from it. Even up close, it's dead silent. The drive also makes considerably less noise when reading discs than the slim or previous versions did.

It took me several hours to transfer content from the slim to this via a USB stick, and then the hassle for transferring licenses and redownloading things that I couldn't just transfer over in that process.

UI is smooth, I didn't see any difference here between this and any of the previous Xbox versions I have.

The games are alright, but don't buy it for the games since they're usually discounted separately now anyway. And be aware, the racing game is a code only, you have to download all 6.8 GB before you can play it.

If you're looking for an Xbox 360 because you want to be able to play the games available, this is a great choice. If you are looking to replace an existing older Xbox 360 for whatever reason like I was, it's a great choice. If you're looking for any new features, there are none. Some people prefer the looks of the Xbox 360 slim, so you can always get that without any loss of functionality compared to this one. They're ALL going to be cheaper because of the push to get as many sold as they can before the Xbox One launches in another 22 days.

For the price, I thought it was a great deal, getting the games, the new style Xbox 360, and another kinect that my son can take with the Vanguard when he goes gaming elsewhere.
on January 10, 2014
UPDATE 1/17/14

STILL NO RESOLUTION. HERE'S THE WORDS FROM THE CHAT TRANSCRIPT WITH ANOTHER SUPPORT PERSON IN INDIA:

AMAZON:I understand you're upset regarding this situation and I do understand that one of my co-workers already told you that this issue can only be solved by the Marketing and Promotions Team, but unfortunately we are not able to generate memberships or codes for your xbox, only this Marketing and Promotions team is able to. I'm going to escalate the case once again in order for them to reach you as soon as possible

###

I ordered this bundle for Christmas. The XBOX360 Kinnect is awesome as are the other accessories I purchased. I'm going into week 3, however, of customer support run arounds with Amazon and their marketing team on fulfilling the promised 1 year XBOX360 LIVE gold membership.

DATE RAISED -- 12/26/13
DATE STILL OPEN -- 1/10/14

fine print NOT FULFILLED ON THE AMAZON PROMO EXCLUSIVE BUNDLE:
7. Receive a promotional credit good toward the full cost of a 12 Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership. We will deposit the credit in your account within two days of when your product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Tech support continues to suggest that the marketing team will respond in 24-48 hours. It's been 3 weeks and 4 escalations with tech support and I'm still not resolved on this. Disappointing since I've been an avid and active PRIME customer!

Hoping Amazon makes this right!
on January 6, 2014
A very painful experience, took 2 calls to American call center representatives, to get the 12 month subscription code.

But as of 1/21, finally resolved.

This rating applies to the "Holiday Value Bundle" not the Xbox 360 only. The Value Bundle additionally included the Kinect E Console and "DIGITAL" option.

This was purchased this as a Christmas gift, was supposed to receive, separately, 2 days after shipment, a 12 month subscription to Xbox Live Gold plan; and a $10 Amazon credit. Now 12 days later, neither has arrived. No word from Amazon Customer Support either.

Be wary of these "value bundles" from Amazon - it might be better to purchase the subscriptions separately; better yet, to buy locally since Amazon has lost the meaning of "customer support."