Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 65% off the $299.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- Kinect sensor, Built-in Wi-Fi
- Xbox LIVE, Xbox 360 wireless controller
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect
Kinect Sensor: With the Kinect sensor, you can experience gaming like never before. Easy to use and fun for everyone, the Kinect sensor utilizes revolutionary full-body tracking to put you in the center of the fun. This amazing new technology allows the sensor to recognize your body and mirror your movements in the game, making you the controller. With Kinect Xbox 360 now has the best controller ever made – YOU.
Built-in Wi-Fi: The new Xbox 360 is the only console with 802.11n Wi-Fi built-in for a faster and easier connection to Xbox LIVE. Stream HD movies and TV or download games from Xbox LIVE in 1080p and 5.1 surround sound from anywhere in the house. Compatible with b/g/n networks.
Xbox LIVE: Xbox LIVE brings a world of entertainment to you. Instantly watch movies and TV streaming from Netflix. In crystal-clear HD, or download game add-ons like new levels, characters, maps and songs. Easily jump right into online multiplayer fun and play along with friends around the world. Plus, get your favorite music from Last.fm, connect with friends on Facebook and post Tweets on Twitter. Xbox LIVE is your connection to more games, entertainment and fun.
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (black): This award-winning, high-performance wireless controller features a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of up to 30 hours on two AA batteries.
More ports: Connect more accessories and storage solutions with added USB ports. Now with a total of 5, (3 back/2 front) you’ll find more places to plug and play. Plus, in addition to the standard Ethernet port and HDMI output, we’ve added an integrated optical audio out port for an easier connection to the booming sound of your A/V receiver.
Kinect Adventures game: Float in outer space. Experience the thrill of roaring rapids. Tackle mountaintop obstacle courses and dive into the deep to explore a leaky underwater observatory — all from your living room. With Kinect Adventures, you are the controller as you jump, dodge and kick your way through exciting adventures set in a variety of exotic locations. Rated “E” for Everyone.What’s In The Box?
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: Good Science Studio
Format: DVD compatible with Kinect for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system
ESRB Rating: E for Everyone
Float in outer space. Experience the thrill of roaring rapids. Tackle mountaintop obstacle courses. And dive into the deep to explore a leaky underwater observatory — all from your living room. With Kinect Adventures, you are the controller as you jump, dodge and kick your way through exciting adventures set in a variety of exotic locations.
* Download tokens included in marked packages at launch, at participating retailers, while supplies last. 80 MB required to download from Xbox LIVE.
Top Customer Reviews
10 new features of this model are:
1. New Valhalla chip - hopefully improved design to prevent RRoD issue, but tech. reviews noted that the Jasper chip in the older Elite model runs cooler
2. WiFi N - this is the newest wifi standard that is 12X faster (up to 600 Mbits/ sec) than wifi G; you'll need a Wifi N router to get the max. speed
3. digital optical audio port (IF your sound system is separate from your TV, then you'll need this to get full 5.1 surround sound)
4. 4 GB of flash memory (although 1.1 GB is used by the game system, but 0.3 GB can be reclaimed by deleting 4 game demos)
5. 5 USB ports (2 in front & 3 in back)
6. slimmer design with side vents (to prevent overheating)
7. dedicated Kinect port (just a convenience feature)
8. only 1 year of warranty (the only negative; older Elite models had 3 yrs.)
9. USB flash drive support (this was a xbox software update released in April 2010)
10. ESPN video streaming (will be included if you are a Gold member, $50/ yr)
Slim 4 GB memory vs. 250 GB hard drive:
I bought the 4 GB system over the model with 250 GB hard drive because the xbox now supports game saves/ installs/ downloads and pic/ audio/ video downloads to USB flash drives. It supports 1-2 USB flash drives with 1-16 GB memory (using a 16 GB drive, 1.6 GB is used for formatting). 2 advantages of USB drives: loading games and media is 3x faster with USB drives than disc reading and more reliable (flash memory rarely fails, while discs can get scratched).Read more ›
Positives about the new 360 with Kinect:
-Supper easy to install (even if you never own an xbox before)
-Has built in memory (old 360 didn't)
-You can add flash drives for even More memory (not xbox 360 memory card that cost $60, normal flash drive you can pick up for $20)
-Has built in Wi-Fi nothing to install to connect xbox live (old 360 you had buy an antenna)
-You can control the xbox main menu with your VOICE, say xbox, say game, voice command soooo Neat and Easy, so if your controller battier die no big deal just tell it what to do!! No controller needed.
-Kinect games are way More Fun then Wii, my 65 yr old mother (grandma) was playing with the kids everyone was laughing, jumping and enjoyed it!!
-Kinect games are easier then Wii for little kids but Fun for adults too.
With Wii you have to hold the controllers just right for them to work, if you don't flip your wrist a certain way you'll lose. My youngest can Never hold the controller right on the Wii and has a hard time scoring in the games and always lose. With Kinect there is NO controller, you use your body & your voice to play, my youngest has no problems with Kinect and score more then his older brothers!!
And my kids LOVE how Kinect can take pictures (Wii can't) of them jumping in the air while playing the game. When they are done playing, it will show them all the pictures & the kids will fall to the floor laughing at themselves, they never laugh when they play the Wii!!Read more ›
SUMMARY: Do not buy unless you have 10 feet or more of space. Take width and height of your play area into account as well.
- Controller free. Fairly accurate motion sensing. For casual games it is fairly responsive. Also no need for (buying) exchanging controllers or hooking it to your wrist. Any new person can jump in and start playing! No need to press any buttons.
- Once you get the hang of it, it is a very convenient and futuristic way to navigate between the menus etc.
- Netflix, ESPN, Zune and more plug-in capability.
- WiFi: by far the biggest advantage. Including the power cable there are only 3 cables. 1 for the kinect, 1 for the TV and 1 for the power. Although I have not yet figured out how to connect through HDMI to the TV & Home-theater system. But if you have a receiver that should only take 1 cable (HDMI).
- Backwards compatible. I don't have to throw away my old Xbox games.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
everything worked very well, easy to expand memory and Kinect bar is great to havePublished 27 days ago by Amazon Customer
the grandson loved it. it has now been 5yrs and well used. Now he owns Xbox one.Published 28 days ago by Deloris Robertson
Not a fan of the 4gb version. The kinect has a couple of problems, such as recognizing what you're doing, but gives technology something to build off of. Read morePublished 3 months ago by matt martin
This product doesn't need a review! I've used this thing 100s of times! My son loves it! In 2016 we have google cars that drive themselves, but people are still in awe of... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Ike
The Microsoft Xbox 360 has gone through many revisions in its lifetime. Probably the final edition, the Xbox 360E is a fantastic rendition of this classic console. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Sherell Trenae