Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on September 12, 2013
I rarely give anything 5 stars, especially with Microsoft, but the Xbox is definately a winner. Set-up was effortless. All I had to do was put in my hotmail username/password and wait about 20 minutes for the box to update the software. So far it's totally been worth the money.

This box is actually a huge multimedia streaming device that just happens to play cool video games. With a Gold membership, I have access to my Amazon library, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, and Internet Explorer. That's not considering that it can stream my music and ripped DVD collection from my desktop.

For cable subscribers, with a $100 cablecard device, you can have the cable guy hook-up your desktop to Winows Media Center. This gives DVR functionality to your computer. The Xbox will interface with your computer and stream your live TV and recorded programs in HD. Did you know that Microsoft developed the software that Cable/satellite companies use for total Home DVR? It's called XBMC (sound familiar?)and it's already built into the Xbox and Windows. With a second Xbox in another room, you can use the same interface to access live TV and recorded programs from your desktop depending on how many tuners your cablecard device has. Total Home DVR usually costs $50-$60 a month extra on your cable bill. Microsoft offers it as a free service. Of course, that requires a lot of bandwidth, so you may want to consider upgrading your router or internet speed if it's not very fast.
on December 11, 2014
I order my 360 Console around the end of November and received it on Dec. 5th. I was really excited to play it and had games already bought ahead of time and headset, too. It didn't come in the original box art of the Xbox 360, the seller provide just a standard white shipping box with a label saying Xbox 360 and the price. When i open it up, I was kind of shocked of what i got. The controller looked brand new, but the system on the other hand had so many scratches on it, seem like the previous owner kept rubbing something against it (or dropped). Also on top of that, there was no 4GB Hard Drive install the system. The seller says the system "comes with everything and looks very good", making the buyer assume that the Xbox seems fine to buy. So those who are cheap (as well as myself XD lol), make sure if you do get a used console and it may have scratches on it, in my honest opinion, buy a skin decal for it. The system overall still works and runs perfect like the console should, but the removal of the Hard Drive and "millions" of scratches on the system kind of sucks.
on February 21, 2017
Was very dusty and still of user info on console but works good.
on June 2, 2013
I guess it would be alright if you are a first time xbox 360 buyer but if you are like me and had the old xbox you will be disappointed. This 360 will not accept your 120HHD and there is no way to transfer data you have to purchase that seperate. This close to the xbox 1 coming out I feel that it is a crock, when microsoft went from xbox to xbox 360 and you bought the new console it game with the necessary parts to down load you xbox memory and transfer it to the xbox 360. now to go from the xbox 360 to the xbox 360s(4GB) console you have to purchase the transfer cable. I would hope that when the xbox 1 comes out they will provide a means to transfer data from our 120HHD to xbox 1 without buying alot of stuff to do it I don't want to lose all the songs and so on and so forth that I have collected over the years. don't forget your long time customers microsoft and for the new customers or customers looking to upgrade system wait for the xbox 1 and remember what happened to the xbox when the xbox 360 came out microsoft quit making the xbox quit servicing the xbox and quit making games for the xbox. with xbox 1 coming out soon I fear the same thing will happen to the xbox 360 to force you to buy the new console
on May 29, 2013
I bought this Xbox 360 S 4GB console, and separately purchased both the Xbox 360 250GB hard drive for the 360 S console and the Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable (all sold by Amazon) so that we could replace our old Xbox 360 that had been crashing. I first transferred all our games and videos from our old Xbox 360 to the 250 GB hard drive by connecting the 250 GB hard drive to our old Xbox via the USB connector on the Hard Drive Transfer Cable. The transfer was very easy because the Xbox detected the Transfer Cable and prompted us to perform the data transfer. Then, I installed the 250 GB hard drive into our new 360 S console by following the instructions that came with the 250 GB hard drive. This was all very easy to do, and the new 360S console worked perfectly immediately. When we now choose "Settings" and then "System" and then "Storage", we have three storage devices listed: Hard Drive (the 250 GB hard drive), the Memory Unit (4 GB that came in the Console), and Cloud Saved Games. We have all our add-ons, stored games, and stored videos (movies) on the 250 GB hard drive, and they all play the same as they do on Xbox consoles that come with hard drives already installed. We never store anything on the 4GB Memory Unit because it is simply too small--you MUST have the 250GB hard drive if you are a gamer, have stored games and/or videos, and/or have add-ons. Installing the 250 GB hard drive in the 360S gives you the same console as you would get by purchasing an Xbox with the internal hard drive already installed. Going this "do-it-yourself" route was a significant savings over purchasing a new Xbox with the 250 GB internal hard drive already installed. I give the console, the 250 GB hard drive, and the Hard Drive Transfer Cable five stars. However, my son gives the bubble wrap packaging a one star because all the bubbles were popped, which would of have been a source of entertainment for him while I was transferring data. :D
on April 23, 2013
I have been a PlayStation fan for years. I never really disliked the XBOX, I just preferred the PS. However, I was unaware of the Forza Motorsport racing series until I heard about Forza 4. I was playing Gran Turismo 5 on PS3 and I thought it was great. Then I saw what all Forza 4 had to offer, and that spiked my interest in the XBOX 360, as it is an exclusive title.

I also saw that Skyrim and Crysis 3 were generally playing better on 360 than on PS3, and that kind of surprised me, because the PS3 has a superior processor. The difference though is that the PS3 has a static 256MB of graphics memory and static 256MB of system memory. The 360 has 512MB total memory, and that is dynamically allocated, so depending on how the game is using it, you could have more than 256MB for graphics, and I think that is why those games were playing better. Now, I will say that Skyrim still runs better on PC, but overall, it's pretty smooth on the 360. The only time it hiccups is when you use certain shouts.

Pros (vs PS3 CECH-3001A)
- More available graphics memory, depending on usage
- Faster WiFi (802.11n vs 802.11g)
- Capacitive touch buttons (PS3 got rid of those for some reason, but I think they're cool)
- More USB ports
- Forza and Halo
- Nicer user interface

Cons
- Inferior processor (PS3 Cell Broadband Engine is roughly comparable to earlier model Intel Core i7)
- No Blu-Ray drive
- AV connector that comes with it covers up HDMI port, so you either have to do some trimming or get a different connector if you want your video going over HDMI, but your sound going over analog AV (I have my console connected to my computer monitor. The speakers are separate)
- XBOX Live Gold membership required to use any internet apps.
- No support for Logitech steering wheels (this was rather disappointing, as my 10 year old PC steering wheel worked just fine with Gran Turismo 5 on PS3)
- No ability to re-assign controllers on the fly

But all in all, it is a nice console and it has better exclusive titles available for it.
on March 31, 2013
Arrived on-time and in factory-sealed condition.

If you already own the controllers from a previous 360 and don't want any additional games included (or Kinect), this 4GB package along with a 250GB HD bought separately can be a smarter buy if your timing's right. The price on these (as well as the HDs) fluctuate so often that many people will end up getting a better bargain buying the 250GB bundle. The day after I got one of these, the price went back up another $15 and the 250GB bundle price went down slightly.

All that aside, I chose this bundle primarily for the matte black finish (rather than the glossy) and, as an added bonus, they threw a bunch of Xbox Live Arcade games on the 4GB memory drive.

My old Xbox was bought in '07 and served me well all the way up until this one arrived. It was really starting to show its age and was getting noisier by the day. This new one is so much better, quieter... hell, even the games seem to run and look a lot smoother. If you're tired of listening to your old 360 croaking and whining, this is the upgrade to get.
on October 21, 2012
I purchased this used from EZCorp. While the shipping wasn't like having Prime, I received it within a week (even using the upgraded shipping). The system came in near perfect condition with the original stickers and box included. It saved me about $70-90. If your worried about only having 4GB, you can add up to a 32GB USB thumb drive for additional memory over buying an external XBox drive. The thumb drive should be 2.0 (3.0 is best) and it makes it easy to transfer your info from system to system.

I highly recommend the seller and will use them again!
on January 25, 2013
*This review is for the 4GB system only. The one that comes with NO HARD DRIVE. I will write a small section at the bottom regarding the overall XBOX experience.*

Note: Since this model DID NOT come with a HARD DRIVE, I took an old one from the old white model and put it in this one. It's easy to do, and I highly recommend trying it. Youtube how to do it.

Above all this is a great video game system. It plays the games well. The controller is great, and it connects to the internet via wi-fi with out a hitch.

What comes in the box-
-The system (no hard drive)
-AV cable
-Power cable
-Controller w/ batteries
-Various info booklets

What I like-
-Like I said, it plays games. Thats the main reason to have it right?
-I like the design. Its quiet, the touch buttons are cool and it's wi-fi. It also has multiple USB ports

What I do not like-
-The touch buttons for the disk tray and the on/off can be a little TO sensitive. Sometimes brushing over them set them off.
-The system gets REALLY warm. That worries me. I know the old systems had a big problem with over heating.

Like I said, over all this is a great system.

Now a few words about the other functions of the XBOX.

IN short, if you want to use NETFLIX, know you have to also pay for XBOX LIVE GOLD. It does say so right on the box, but I'm sure a lot of people will be blind sided by it like I was. It doesn't ruin the whole thing, but it is disapointing. That really bummed me out. On PS3 and WII, you don't have to do that. XBOX LIVE is a great service, its just a shame that you have to pay double.

Hope this review helped.

Snootch to the Nootch!
on January 28, 2013
I have had several Xbox 360's over the years. I haven't ever experienced the red ring of death but regardless the older Xbox 360's do have their drawbacks. With the Xbox 360 slim, you get a smaller, sleeker, and quieter design. I utilize an HDMI cable with this on a 45 inch Vizio TV and it looks so sharp and crisp. As far as apps go I installed Netflix and Xfinity. Both apps looks great! The biggest drawback to this purchase in particular is that with the 4GB console you can only have around 2-3 game saves and 2-3 apps installed on the console. Unfortunately when I purchased this I was thinking to myself that 4 GB should be fine for me as I play more PC than console but as it turns out, the most up to date version of the microsoft dash interface takes up around 1.5-2 GB's so you are not left with much. One word of advice I can give is when you buy this item and set it up, delete all of the arcade games it gives you. These take up about 1 GB or so.

Pros:
Sleek/slim/ quiet design
Great for not only playing games but also watching Netflix and on demand cable shows
Using an HDMI cable will give you a crisp clean viewing experience
Very cheap price!

Cons:
4GB is simply not enough for someone who plans on using a few apps and playing a few different video games.
On initial set up the wifi struggled to initially connect. After about 3-4 console boot ups, it ended up connecting
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.