About the product
- Enables continuous gameplay
- More than 30 hours of play per charge
- Battery fuel gauge through the Xbox 360TM dashboard
- Includes NiMH rechargeable battery pack
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Match the sleek black design of your Xbox 360 Elite console and recharge your Xbox 360 Wireless Controller while you play so you can kiss disposable batteries goodbye! Now available in black and complete with a charging cable and rechargeable battery pack, the Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit is all you need to juice up your Xbox 360 Wireless Controller—even in the midst of battle.
Top Customer Reviews
You can NOT use external USB power adapters, NO multi-port USB chargers, NOT EVEN YOUR COMPUTER WILL WORK. All of the reviews/forums you see on the internet about this kit working with those types of non-Xbox360 USB charging devices are all talking about the OLD VERSION of this kit that used to work. It is NOT compatible anymore!
Before you disregard this review as someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, let me prove it to you: I tested with every combination of: FOUR (4) of the Play and Charge Kits, TWO (2) brands of Laptops MacBookPro and SonyVaioFlip, FOUR (4) brands of USB multiport wall outlet adapter chargers both with 500ma (0.5amp) all the way up to 2400ma (2.4amp) of 5volt USB output power. NONE of those worked... NOTHING makes the charging light turn on these, except the Xbox 360 elite! To be clear; All of this equipment is brand new from a post-Christmas 2013 holiday sale, and this annoying behavior is happening on ALL of them.
Issues for you to consider:
1. It's way too annoying to have to drag cables all the way across the room to the xbox360 and have these cables plugged into the console, we really wanted to just have the cables plugged into the wall outlet USB multiport chargers right next to our couch. NOPE, NO CAN DO.
2. We REALLY wanted to charge these wireless controllers at night in the USB wall adapter WHILE THE XBOX360 IS TURNED OFF - WHICH IS ALSO TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE.
3. If the xbox360 goes to sleep - which it does constantly in an effort to save power - THE CHARGING LIGHTS ON THE CONTROLLERS ALSO GO OUT AND THEY STOP CHARGING.
In a very interesting twist of fate, I have increased my rating from 1-star to 3-stars, for the following reasons;
1. Even though the included Cable in this Kit has the drawbacks mentioned above, you can now buy this kit at a discount to the point that it might be worth getting it if the price is right - just for the official high-quality Microsoft battery that's included.
2. After over a year of constantly-using our Energizer xbox360 controller battery packs, 1 of 4 now won't hold a charge very long. So, we tried in vein for days to find a quality replacement from either Energizer or Microsoft to no avail.
3. I discovered that Microsoft and Energizer both seem to be starting to phase-out aka discontinue their high-quality longer-lasting Xbox360 wireless controller batteries for the Xbox One versions. I say this because the prices are going UP and they're getting harder and harder to FIND.
So, Don't Laugh, but yes... over a year after returning this kit, and being unable to find an Energizer replacement battery, we've re-purchased this kit on super-sale JUST for the quality official Microsoft battery pack - we got it cheaper than the battery used to be by itself!
Interestingly, we're charging this Microsoft battery in our official Xbox 360 controller with our Energizer Xbox 360 Front-Mounting Wireless Controller Charger Station. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS A BAD IDEA OR NOT. That said, so far in my situation, this Microsoft battery APPEARS to be charging okay I'm guessing because Energizer doesn't use the xbox360 controller's rear-cable but instead uses the xbox360 controller's front-mounting connector.
If you're curious, we've put the cable from this kit in our spare parts drawer for emergency use and don't ever use it.
The bottom line: Quality, long-lasting xbox 360 wireless controller batteries (like the one in this kit) seem to be getting more expensive and harder to find, so you might want to buy a spare if you plan on keeping your x360..........
In summation, the charging part of this apparatus works just fine. The rechargeable batteries provided with it however were not genuine XBOX goodies, but some knock off brand junk that has a half-life of about a week. After being charged 4-5 times they no longer hold a charge long enough to even turn on the box.
Basically $20 in the garbage.
EDIT: So still keeping the 1 star because it is designed terrible. The problem I was having is that when you plug it in, the charger shows the red light like it is charging, but only for a couple seconds, then goes green. The battery then lasts about 10 - 15 seconds before going dead.
I did some searching online and found a lot of people have this problem. There was a video on YouTube showing to short pins (http://youtu.be/QXaIlyjvvSE) to try and reset it. This didn't seem to work for me, but maybe it helped so I'll include it here.
I then saw elsewhere that people got it to charge by unplugging and replugging the USB cable in until it finally stayed red. This worked for me after about 15 - 20 tries. Now it is staying red and appears to be charging.