Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,198 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,344 reviews
on June 1, 2014
It turns out these NEW Microsoft USB Play and Charge Kit (black) when used with the Microsoft Wireless Elite (black) MUST be plugged into the Xbox 360 Elite aka Holiday Edition. Period.

You can NOT use external USB power adapters, NO multi-port USB chargers, NOT EVEN YOUR COMPUTER WILL WORK. All of the reviews/forums you see on the internet about this kit working with those types of non-Xbox360 USB charging devices are all talking about the OLD VERSION of this kit that used to work. It is NOT compatible anymore!

Before you disregard this review as someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, let me prove it to you: I tested with every combination of: FOUR (4) of the Play and Charge Kits, TWO (2) brands of Laptops MacBookPro and SonyVaioFlip, FOUR (4) brands of USB multiport wall outlet adapter chargers both with 500ma (0.5amp) all the way up to 2400ma (2.4amp) of 5volt USB output power. NONE of those worked... NOTHING makes the charging light turn on these, except the Xbox 360 elite! To be clear; All of this equipment is brand new from a post-Christmas 2013 holiday sale, and this annoying behavior is happening on ALL of them.

Issues for you to consider:

1. It's way too annoying to have to drag cables all the way across the room to the xbox360 and have these cables plugged into the console, we really wanted to just have the cables plugged into the wall outlet USB multiport chargers right next to our couch. NOPE, NO CAN DO.

2. We REALLY wanted to charge these wireless controllers at night in the USB wall adapter WHILE THE XBOX360 IS TURNED OFF - WHICH IS ALSO TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

3. If the xbox360 goes to sleep - which it does constantly in an effort to save power - THE CHARGING LIGHTS ON THE CONTROLLERS ALSO GO OUT AND THEY STOP CHARGING.

UPDATE 1/25/2015:

In a very interesting twist of fate, I have increased my rating from 1-star to 3-stars, for the following reasons;

1. Even though the included Cable in this Kit has the drawbacks mentioned above, you can now buy this kit at a discount to the point that it might be worth getting it if the price is right - just for the official high-quality Microsoft battery that's included.

2. After over a year of constantly-using our Energizer xbox360 controller battery packs, 1 of 4 now won't hold a charge very long. So, we tried in vein for days to find a quality replacement from either Energizer or Microsoft to no avail.

3. I discovered that Microsoft and Energizer both seem to be starting to phase-out aka discontinue their high-quality longer-lasting Xbox360 wireless controller batteries for the Xbox One versions. I say this because the prices are going UP and they're getting harder and harder to FIND.

So, Don't Laugh, but yes... over a year after returning this kit, and being unable to find an Energizer replacement battery, we've re-purchased this kit on super-sale JUST for the quality official Microsoft battery pack - we got it cheaper than the battery used to be by itself!

Interestingly, we're charging this Microsoft battery in our official Xbox 360 controller with our Energizer Xbox 360 Front-Mounting Wireless Controller Charger Station. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS A BAD IDEA OR NOT. That said, so far in my situation, this Microsoft battery APPEARS to be charging okay I'm guessing because Energizer doesn't use the xbox360 controller's rear-cable but instead uses the xbox360 controller's front-mounting connector.

If you're curious, we've put the cable from this kit in our spare parts drawer for emergency use and don't ever use it.

The bottom line: Quality, long-lasting xbox 360 wireless controller batteries (like the one in this kit) seem to be getting more expensive and harder to find, so you might want to buy a spare if you plan on keeping your x360..........
I ordered this for my daughter's Xbox 360. It works perfectly. I did not want to have to constantly replace batteries in her controller and was getting annoyed with the frequency of battery replacement so I figured I would try this. It has more than paid for itself by saving us the need to buy batteries for her. We haven't had a single problem with it. It does the job and charges her controller and we don't have her banging on our bedroom door at 8 at night demanding batteries anymore.
on November 20, 2015
This is an official Xbox 360 charger and you can sure feel the design difference between this and ones by NYKO. Not to be talking down onto NYKO, but this superior. The wire and connections feel better built in construction and seem to transfer charges and hold charges better than generic ones. Definitely recommend this one, average charge time is about 30-90 minutes depending on what you are doing with your controller.
on April 25, 2013
I know having a wireless system is supposed to be more convenient and all but I never liked replacing batteries or constantly having to charge a battery; this give me the best of both worlds if I want wireless I have it, if I want to use the wire I can do that to. Love it.
on February 21, 2014
I have a Quick Charge kit which is my go-to charging solution. As a result we've used this Play and Charge once, but when we used it, it did exactly what it needed to. (Well, outside of have a long enough cord to sit on the couch. :) )
on December 3, 2014
Did great for the first year or so. It's now starting to not hold charge so well but I with the amount of use I'd say it's held up pretty well. Would buy again if I needed another one.
on March 12, 2017
These just stop working after a year or 2
on August 23, 2015
A must have accessory for anyone who plays the Xbox 360. It really saves a lot of money from not having to buy batteries.
on March 21, 2017
worked perfectly.
on April 27, 2017
i guess it works

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.