Industrial Deals HPC Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on July 17, 2016
The charge kit I personally received doesn't in fact charge my controller's batter pack. I'm not sure if the cause of this is the charger itself, or the battery, all I know is that it hasn't ever charged for me. I have to A: either leave it always plugged in, or B: use standard AA batteries in place of the rechargeable battery pack. I may have just gotten a dud battery/charger. There is always a chance, when dealing with electronics, that you will receive one that just doesn't work, especially when the item in question is mass produced. Keep that in mind if you ever get a dud, whether it be a motherboard, TV, or something simple like a charge cord and rechargeable battery. That is not the fault of the seller, that is the fault of the manufacturer. Even the highest quality/priced stuff will occasionally be a dud. I give it three stars, because I can still use my controller as a wired controller, and as I sit at my computer the tower is right under the desk so this was no problem for me. If it had been able to charge my battery pack I would have given it five stars
on April 25, 2016
Got this 2 years and a half ago by the time I write this review, the kit works as expected and just after 2 years I have to increase the frequency of the time I had to recharge back the batteries, but holds the charge still pretty well.

The cord is long and I'm able to play on my living room about 2 meters away from the tv, the cable will work on larger rooms.

The charge lasts to this time a little more than 25 hours, of curse this is totally approximate since depends on the games, those who use rumble a lot tend to reduce the charge faster than games that barely uses the rumble feature.

The quality is really good and well I know this will last for a couple more of years, when the time comes that the battery won't hold the charge, you still can use it with the cord plugged in.
on December 29, 2013
First, I'd like to say I play my xbox in a very different way than most people. I use a tv capture card and play the xbox right on my computer by connecting an hdmi line to the capture card.

With that in mind, I'm in very close proximity with the xbox. Unlike the PS3 and perhaps older gamecube and ps2, the xbox 360 controller requires batteries and is always wireless connected. I think given my close proximity I don't require such wireless connection. So in come this. My goal is to basically have a wired connection to my xbox unit and don't have needs for swapping out batters. Sort of like the ps3 where you simply plug the controller into a usb charger, connect it to the ps3 and you got a constantly charged connection.

Basically this allows me to keep my controller plugged into the usb port and I am able to always have battery power. Now, I have noticed some of the negative things said here to be true. Let me first explain what I experienced. First the charging cable doesn't stick onto the controller very well. It means that it's very easy to drop the line connecting to the usb cord because the line gets severed. Now, comes the issue I notice that most people complain about: the battery doesn't hold charge. Well to be honest in my personal experience, it appears to be random. Sometimes if the line disconnects, it indicates full battery power and doesn't pause the game asking me to reconnect the controller. Other times, when the line disconnects, it acts as if the battery is totally dead even though I may have been playing for a few hours. It seems very random and I can't quite figure out what the deal is or the reason behind it. What I do know is that it doesn't appear to hold charge that long.

This is a minor annoyance to me since I am very close to the xbox unit right on the computer. However, I think if you're a player who likes sitting at a distant and require the wireless connection, this might be a factor you'd want to consider. Given my circumstances, I give it a four star purely because I can finally play unlimited without fear of having to buy new battery supplies.
on January 10, 2014
When it works it works, but when it doesn't then it's annoying. Fear not, however! If you own one of these play and charge kits and it won't take a charge, there are a few things you can do to sort of get it going again.

The first and most simplest way to get it to take a charge again is when the system is powered on, make sure the batter is installed in the controller and plug in the charger. If it goes green after a couple seconds, take out the charger and put it back in. You might have to do this anywhere between 5-30 times. If it works the light should stay red after that and the controller will charge. If after that it still won't take a charge, then you can try doing this: put your thumb on the release button and angle the battery out of the controller, but not all of the way. Think of it like a hinge. Do that, and then put it back in while still holding on to the release button and hinge it out again. I've done this rapidly several times and then tried plugging the charger back in and the light finally stayed red.

As a last resort though, if that doesn't work, you might have to discharge the battery completely, and to do that you need something metal that can conduct electricity. I honestly don't recommend this method if you're not careful because what you have to do is take something like a paperclip and bend it so that the ends nearly meet (think of a giant u shape), and then you must complete a circuit on the battery. You must place the paperclip on 2 of the gold pins in back. First you have to place the paper clip on the 2nd and 5th pin. Be careful, because the paperclip will get hot. It's best to do this when the battery is pretty much dead. You have to keep doing this until the paper clip stops getting hot.

After it's completely discharged, take the paper clip and touch pin 1 and 5, and then 2 and 6, and that should reset the battery indicator and it should charge after that. I've had this work once before.

Again, be careful! Don't burn yourself!

Lastly if none of that works then the battery is probably dead dead, or you can buy the recharging station, as I've heard that will charge the battery no matter what.

Hopefully someone finds this helpful! Just because it's poor design on microsoft's part doesn't mean it can't be fixed!
on February 15, 2015
Very good charger and long lasting battery. I really love how long the cord is because it is convenient for me to still play across the room. The battery lasts about a whole week with about 2-3 hours of playtime everyday. It also depends how much it vibrates during game play. I like how there is a charge indicator light that displays red while charging and green when fully charged. I love any electronic that can charge up. This is a good investment and way better than the average normal AA batteries you have to change every now and then. I'm just lazy to buy them every week at the store haha. Yet the battery seems like it's not fitted snug into my controller because there is a really tiny gap enough for me to push it in a little more. The battery is a bit heavier than I thought with it in the controller. Overall, this is an awesome buy!
on July 19, 2015
Not sure what the deal is but this battery won't charge from any other play and charge cable than the one included. With 4 controllers and a handful of battery packs it gets annoying to track down the pair. None of my other battery packs have this problem.

After 14 months the unit ceased to charge. The battery will not take a charge from any other cable, the cord will not charge any other battery, and multiple known good controllers were charged. 14 months is too short for a battery to fail completely, when I have rechargeable AA batteries still powering other devices since 2007. Changing from 4 to 2 stars.
on March 14, 2012
I bought this product about a month ago almost and wanted to wait to write a review since defects inproducts like this usually arise a couple weeks/months later. Well, I do like the fact that I don't have to buy AA batteries all the time so that's good news. On the other hand, the battery doesn't hold a charge...and it's only getting worse. After 1 week of use I had to recharge it every day with minimal use. After the second week it was already having to be plugged in during an hour or two of fame play because the flashing lights annoy. Now, the 4 bars drop down to 1 bar of battery life after 30 minutes or less of use. I have a feeling that soon I am going to have to constantly have the USB wire plugged in at all it's not going to be wireless at all. I guess I will have to buy a new battery. Not recommended, buy just the USB alone then buy another Microsoft battery
on October 9, 2016
After hours on destiny you kinda start running through batteries and your wallet starts to hurt a little. Thought I would give this a shot, because he whats spending 20 bucks on a one time battery VS 20 bucks every month! It's great! I can play while it charges, I can even plug it in at night and let it charge while I sleep and my xbox doesn't have to be on! There is only ONE complaint, it makes my turtle beaches buzz when I'm talking.. I have people complain to me about it.
VINE VOICEon April 19, 2012
This was one of my first purchases for my new Xbox 360 and I consider it such a necessity that I was surprised when I opened the Xbox 360 packaging and didn't find this in there. Blowing through AA batteries is just a waste of money and while rechargeable AA's are an option, this is much less hassle at a reasonable price. The battery is supposed to be good for 30 hours without a charge (I haven't timed it), and you can continue playing while the battery is charging. The charging cable is about 10 feet in length, so you're not going to find yourself tethered to the console on an uncomfortably short leash. Since the cord is just a normal USB plug on the console end, you should be able to charge off any powered USB input--whether it's a computer or cell phone charger (but use your own judgement).

My only gripe is that it seems to take a long time to get a full charge, but that may be more of my own impatience than slowness on the part of the charger.
on July 11, 2013
I love the concept that you can have wireless, and the adage of not having to buy new batteries. As a frequent gamer myself, this saves oodles of money and time.

I've bought three of these things solely for one controller. Plenty of reviews complain of poor usage life, and perhaps the good reviewers hadn't had them long enough to experience how disappointing it is.

Of course rechargeable battery packs won't last forever as their charge capacity depletes over time; these battery packs can't touch a pair of AA batteries energy capacity after a couple weeks.

And the cord's structural integrity is laughable as well and is especially frustating as time wears on it, having to readjust the cord's position. My cords have died hanging from the right, so if the cord is nudged to the right, it will simply stop giving power. As an impassioned player, a simple nudge, an imperceptible expression, causes complete cessation and that keen display, "Player one's controller has become disconnected." The cord decays to the point where you have to wrap the controller with the cord vertically like a present just for it to charge.

All in all, it is thrifty for how long it lasts, but honestly if your worried about battery costs and aren't worried about wireless gameplay, just get a wired controller.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.