Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,372 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,498 reviews
on July 18, 2012
This is a cost effective way to get wireless 360 controllers working on your windows pc. I use it with emulator software pcsx2, snes9x and mame and it works great.

I used it on Windows 7 64bit, and I had to install the driver myself.

To Do this
1.Right click on Computer
2.Go to Properties
3.Click on Device Manager
4.Right click on the Unidentified Device
5.Go to Properties
6.Go to the Drive tab
7.Click on "Update Driver"
8.Browse my computer for driver software
9.Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
10.Microsoft Common Controller for Window Class
11."Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows"
12.Update Driver Warning
13.Click Yes
5150+ comments| 1,337 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2012
Just wanted to add my experience with this USB adapter. I followed the "most helpful" review (updating the driver thru device manager) but I couldn't get the adapter and the xbox wireless controller to link. I pressed the "link" button on both the adapter and wireless controller but the xbox controller would just continually blink.

Looking at more reviews, someone mentioned to google "microsoft xbox 360 accessories 1.2" Downloaded, installed and went back to Device Manager to update the driver for the USB adapter - instead of picking "Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows", I selected "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows Version 2.1.0.1349 [8/13/2009]" The minute I picked this, my wireless xbox controller immediately linked to the USB adapter.

* Device Manager
* right click on Unidentified Device ("Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows" if you followed the top review) and choose "Update Driver Software"
* "Browse my computer for driver software"
* "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
* select "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows Version 2.1.0.1349 8/13/2009", then click "Next"
* click "Yes" on the Update Driver Warning popup window

This adapter saved me some money - I would have hated buying a wired Xbox controller! I'm now enjoying Skyrim on my Samsung Series 7 Gamer laptop. I just now have to transfer my Xbox 360 Skyrim gamesaves to my laptop and I'm good... :)
1616 comments| 239 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2015
After initially having issues trying to get the dongle to connect on my Windows 10 PC I realized the device was unknown. There is an easy fix for Windows 10 users.

1) Right click >This PC<
2) On the left side of the window click on Device Manager (you may also just search "Device Manager" in the startup.)
3) Once in Device manager find >OTHER DEVICES< and expand it.
4) Right click on Properties on the >UNKNOWN DEVICE<
5) Click >UPDATE DRIVERS<
6) Once in the next window choose >BROWSE MY COMPUTER TO OTHER DRIVER SOFTWARE<
7) In the next window choose >LET ME PICK FROM A LIST<
8) Scroll down and choose >XBOX 360 PERIPHERALS<
9) After that you may get a prompt to install "Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows" just follow through from there.
10) Enjoy =)

It works great haven't had an issue with it. I hope these instructions help at least one of you out!
on July 14, 2014
Price: Great/ Total was only $9.08 from whom I got it from which is $5 cheaper than actual REAL reciever.

Quality: Sturdy, Good plastic, Stable, and strong. However, it is not actual Microsoft Xbox reciever.

Shipping: Fast/ Maybe only because it and I am in California? No damage was done from the shipping and packaging.

Usage: Seems to work well without any problems recieving inputs/ button pressing.

Problem: Will not naturally work with windows 7 and 8/ I got it to work with Windows 8.

Solution: Got this from BMarra on Microsoft.com's support forum.

1- Grab the latest software from here and install it. I used the Windows 7 x64

2- Plug Wireless receiver into USB2 port I'm not 100% sure but I don't think they work with USB3

3- Go to control panel > device manager and right click on unknown device then update driver software

4- Click "Browse for driver software on your computer"

5- Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

6- Then in the left column click Microsoft and it should show a list in the right column scroll all the way down to the bottom and you should see,
Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver For Windows 6.2.9200.16384 [25/7/2012]

7- Highlight that driver and ok/next and it will give you a message saying that it is not recommended or words to that extent, click ok let it install

8- Check in device manager and it should be installed and you should be able to pair your controller with the receiver as you would on Windows 7

9- Now go to the start menu and click the Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories Status app and check the controller is paired by pressing the guide button.
on February 27, 2017
This brand-new Zettaguard receiver failed after the first 30 minutes of use. It wasn't worth my time to return it, and I was also curious about why it had failed. I opened up the device and discovered a complete lack of build quality.

1. The soldering of the USB wires to the circuit board was incorrect. The black wire was not inserted fully into the circuit board, and was not correctly soldered on the back side of the board.

2. In places the circuit board was badly corroded and dirty. It almost looks like it has been submerged in dirty water.

Save yourself some hassle. Avoid this Zettaguard receiver and purchase a genuine Microsoft product.

Zettaguard Wireless PC USB Gaming Receiver for Xbox 360 Compact Disc
review image review image review image
on November 22, 2015
Doesn't sync with my Xbox 360 wireless controller no matter how many different things I try (Win7, 8.1, and 10, and all manner of different drivers including the ones on the disc). Additionally, for some unknown reason, it is un-returnable. Amazon was kind enough to give me a refund when I informed them it was defective (because Amazon is AWESOME), but keep in mind the no-return policy and you may be out $10.

I for one will not be buying anything from Zettaguard after this experience.
on May 21, 2015
Works great on both Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit! Super easy to install. Here are the steps if you get a "Unknown Device" in device manager (either Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1) when you first plug it in:

Step 1: Google "microsoft wireless receiver driver"
Step 2: Look for Microsoft's Software Download page and click on it.
Step 3: When you are on Microsoft's software website, look for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows.
Step 4: Now download the driver for either 32 bit or 64 bit. (If you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit Windows, go to the start button, then my computer and then look for system properties on the top. Click that and it will tell you if you have 32 bit or 64 bit.
Step 5: Install the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows driver WITHOUT the receiver plugged in.
Step 6: After the installation is done, plug in the Wireless Receiver to a USB port.
*******************IT WILL STILL SAY ITS AN UNKNOWN DEVICE**********************************************************************************************
Step 7: Search for device manager in the start menu and boot it up.
Step 8: Look for a yellow triangle with an exclamation point and/or "Unknown Device" in device manager.
Step 9: Right-click on the "Unknown Device" and click Update Driver Software.
Step 10: Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
Step 11: Then click on let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
Step 12: Scroll down the list in till you see Xbox 360 Peripherals and click on Xbox 360 Peripherals.
Step 13: Click on Xbox 360 controller for Windows Version: 6.3.9600.17054 [3/17/2014] then click next.
Step 14: Then click continue or next and you're finished!
NOTE: If device is still not recognized after the following steps then unplug and replug in the receiver.
on October 4, 2015
First it was only shipped in a plastic bag in a bubble envelop. No box, no installation disc, no instructions, just the hardware in a bag. I decided it would be easy enough to figure it out after some research online. I did a quick google search and found some instructions as well as downloaded the drivers from support.xbox.com. The first time I used it everything worked great. The receiver synced up to my xbox 360 controller and was able to play a number of games I had on Steam with it. After having it for some time, things started going downhill. I came back recently to use the controller and noticed that it was not connecting to the receiver anymore. My computer no longer recognizes the receiver and just says 'Unknown device'. I try to link the drivers back to it, re-download drivers, go through the same steps as I did before and nothing works. I have windows 8 and most of the instructions I found were for xp, vista, or 7... but if it worked once, why would it just stop? I will continue to try to get it to work using some research but if I have to do this every time I connect the device, it may not be worth it. I gave it two stars because it did function, it is just not reliable.
This product works wonderfully (Windows 8.1) and it's the most economic option I could locate for getting my 360 controller connected to the computer for some Fallout 4. I considered purchasing an Xbox One controller, but the total cost for one of those is $85~ before tax & shipping (3 purchases: controller + wireless receiver + cheapest charge pack).

I personally don't think there's much of a difference between the 360 controller and the Xbox One controller. If that cost included an Xbox One Elite controller (or even for slightly more but with all the necessary components) then it might justify the price difference, but that's not the case.

According to the reviews some people are having issues connecting this item and getting it to work properly. I haven't had any issues. Be advised though, I did not use the CD-ROM disc that came with it.

For those having issues:
1) I found it quicker to simply go into the control panel and locate the "unknown" device to update the drivers manually.
2) You can easily verify it's the correct device before applying the drivers by looking at the port location of the hardware or even by just disconnecting the USB plug and watching it disappear. Reconnect it once you've verified it.
3) The best part about this receiver is that the drivers are already built in to Windows because it's a Microsoft Product. Click update driver and choose to browse by device then scroll all the way down to Xbox 360 peripherals & select Xbox 360 wireless receiver. Boom! You're connected.
4) The only thing left is to pair your Xbox 360 controller and the newly installed wireless receiver just as you would pair it to an Xbox 360 the first time in order to connect.
on January 13, 2017
Works really well, however it requires manually installing drivers because Windows doesn't auto-install the correct drivers. If you go with the default drivers, sometimes you will have problems with it not picking up signals or not being recognized at all. At least that was my experience. If you have trouble getting the right drivers installed, google "xbox 360 wireless controller pc drivers" and there will be a lot of Microsoft forums that explain the process.