Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 5, 2014
I purchased this product because I thought it would be cool to white out My controller. When I received it I noticed that it wasn't really a white color like in the picture it was more of a light pink. The only conclusion I can come up to is that they mixed there red plastic then dumped white plastic in afterwards. Other than that I don't know why the buttons and thumb sticks were a very light pink. Lucky for Me I was modding a white controller and the off pink with white looks good. Everything fit in good but the left thumb stick catches and makes it hard to stop moving in fps games when you need to. I am going to attempt to fix the issue by using sand paper to file down the inside of the controller to make it fit more properly. But the package did come with a torx t8. All in all not a bad product if you are willing to fix the thumb stick issue that not only I have had. Not bad forvthe price.
2 helpful votes
on February 16, 2014
I decided to buy this just to help spice up the look of my controller, with the help of a chrome controller I bought on tmart. The item got to my house on time, received the item more than a month early of the expected delivery date. As I was excited, I was very disappointed when I realized that the majority of these items didn't even work or fit on my controller. The ABXY buttons were too short and it wouldn't touch the rubber pad beneath it half of the time, the LB and RB buttons usually never do anything, no matter how much I pressed the buttons. The analog stick would sometimes become stuck at whatever direction I point it to, so I would always have to fix the positions of the analog stick. I didn't like the D-Pad because that didn't even work as well. The Torx T8 Security screwdriver was not the greatest, but it wasn't the worst out of all. I am surprised that the screwdriver didn't strip after a few usages. The start and back buttons fit perfectly, so does the middle button (forgot the name at the moment, but it's the one button where the silver xbox home button usually sits).

Overall, do not buy this product. This product is from China, so don't get your hopes up.
on December 12, 2015
This Kit is very low quality, the top buttons and triggers (RB,LB,RT,LT) do not fit correctly and neither dose the bottom bracket. It looked really low quality when I installed it. The D pad dose not fit at all and is complete trash.
That being said The analog (Thumb) sticks are perfect and so are the Back,Start, A,B,X,Y buttons, I decided against using the white Xbox center button but that seems like it would have worked too. The included screw diver works to open and close the case as expected.

With half of the kit being trash I recommend spending a little extra for a better version.
on January 13, 2013
I bought this kit to add to a stock black controller shell for a unique look, however I have to send it back.
The ABXY buttons, especially Y and B, are larger in diameter than the stock ones and do not fit in the controller shell properly. You may be able to remedy this with some sanding, but it's not worth the trouble to me.
Additionally, the D-pad seems mushy compared to a standard one, I can't quite figure out what's physically different about it, it just lacked a good tactile feel to it which is useful when gaming.

The sticks, bumpers, triggers, trim piece, and screwdriver were all fine and dandy, just note that they don't match the standard white controller, which is actually slightly off-white.

Maybe I got a bad run of buttons, but their incorrect size made the controller unusable for me.
on July 23, 2012
I got this mod kit to add to my black controller shell thinking it would look very nice with a piano black/white look. it arrived quicker than I expected, but when I went to place the buttons in my controller shell the "Y" button would not fit all the way into the slot of the controller shell. I ended up using a small razor blade to scrape off some of the plastic on the button to decrease the diameter of the the "Y" button. after a while i made it fit and loose enough to offer an easy, fluid button press.after that i reassembled the controller and it looked awesome. over all i would recommend this product but warn that you may have to do a little work, but worth it when its all put together.

I have also recently purchased another mod kit with red inserts.i had the same "Y" button problem but it was another easy fix and my controller looks great.
on April 3, 2014
I would test out your controllers before i bought some buttons

I have 5 controllers. For some reason, some model controllers are made different or something, because the tiny screws that hold the D-Pad in, are impossible to remove. Only managed to get them off on 3 of my 5 controllers and they were easier. The other 2 were impossible.

That being said, this D-pad fits a little snug so games where you constantly use the D-pad might be a little bit tricky but its not worth worrying about. Other than that these make my controller look great and the added screwdriver is nice
on February 16, 2013
This controller mod set is really good for the money! I installed mine on a black controller and it makes it look a lot cooler than a generic black or white controller. To double my bang for the buck I used the parts that i took off the black controller to put on a white controller. You always end up with one extra set of parts, but it is worthwhile. Taking apart the controller is not too hard, although you might want to watch a video on how to take the triggers on and off. The construction of these parts are just as good as the ones that originally come on xbox controllers. For $15 bucks, I don't know why you would not get this to create a unique controller of your own!
on October 21, 2013
I explicitly checked to make sure that this product would come with the T8 screwdriver, which it purported to. When the package arrived......no screwdriver. After purchasing the correct screwdriver from Home Depot, I took apart my controller to install the customization pieces. The A,B,Y, and X buttons weren't long enough to properly activate the receptacle pad under the buttons. They would respond about 50% of the time when installed. Next, the pieces that were supposed to fit, lining the top and bottom of the controller didn't even come close to fitting. Finally, one of the analog sticks this came with stuck when installed. The stick would get stuck in a position and wouldn't return to the neutral position. Were I to attempt playing a game like that, my character would run indefinitely forward. Looked cool when customized, but if you use your controller for anything other than display, like I don't know, CONTROLLING YOUR GAME, then I definitely wouldn't buy, as every piece with the exception of ONE was faulty and/or unusable. Most upsetting was the lack of screwdriver. I love screwdrivers.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on March 2, 2017
Cheap quality, not actually white, have a pink tint. Some parts didn't fit right. But you get what you pay for
on August 12, 2012
This kit is a good way to customize your controller! All the pieces fit like stock.i put it in an old black shell controller that I haven't used since I purchased a gow3 controller, but now I like the white/black one just as much. I took out the rumblers and put a shot of wd40 in the joy sticks and *whalll laa* better then ever. The only thing that I could possibly complain about is the lack of a back & start button and the big middle button I got was a plain green without Xbox logo. Witch is completely fine with me and you shouldn't let that small detail change you're mind about this kit.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.