Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Vant PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 403 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 437 reviews
After getting my new slim Xbox 360 and hard drive to go with it I had one other problem how to transfer all my old information off my regular Xbox 360 hard rive to this newer version. Than I saw this item on Amazon as well as a few other models, at first I wasn't sure which one to get but after checking most of the reviews on the different models I felt this one was the best for my problem. The transfer cable works pretty easy you have one slot that goes over the old Xbox 360 hard drive slot and than the other end is a usb plug which you just put into anyone of the usb ports on the new slim 360. After about half a minute you'll get a pop up box on the t.v. screen asking if you want to transfer from the hard drive to the slim 360 console's hard drive or vice-versa, after your done the old Xbox 360 hard drive is empty of all data which if you have a friend or someone you know who need a hard drive then you can resale the hard drive to them. The one question remains though after you're done you pretty much don't need this item so much unless you have another old xbox 360 hard drive and have to do this again, and since you can't use this cable on the 2.5. hard drives that the slim 360 is using what use do you really have for the transfer cable now. So while it is useful for at most a onetime deal is it worth this price?, that
I can't really answer after seeing all the bad reviews for the other transfer cables that were going for $4.00 dollars I think at the end it's basically going to be up to the buyer. So yes this cable does work very easily for what you need but I would wait to see is the price goes down just a little more but considering this comes from Microsoft I wouldn't hold my breathe....
on September 22, 2013
NOTE - This data cable is for use with the original Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Elite hard drives only. If you're transferring data between an original Xbox to an Elite hard drive or an original Xbox/Elite to the Xbox 360 Slim, this cable can be used.
This cable cannot be used to transfer data between Xbox 360 Slims or newer consoles.

As the title of my review suggests, I doubt the item was "new." The Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable was shipped in a plain cardboard box with no Microsoft/Xbox 360 logos anywhere on the exterior which, as anyone that uses a MS and/or Xbox product, is very unusual. Inside the small cardboard box were an instruction booklet, a CD and the data cable. Beyond that, the cable worked very well. It took a few tries to get my new Xbox 360 to recognize the data on the old hard drive but after a couple of starts and stops, the data transfer started. (By "starts" and "stops" I mean that the data would appear on the screen with values and then the values would zero out - Not sure why this happened). It took about three to four hours and not everything was transferred but that was because of Digital Rights Licenses. All in all, despite not being new in my opinion, the Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable did what it was supposed to do and did it well. Also, the price being under $10.00 doesn't hurt either.
This may might be used a once to a feel times. It can be used to transfer memory for a regular 360 hard drive to another one. It can also transfer stored memory to the slim, but can not transfer memory through a slim casing for the 360's. It is possible to un-screw a slim casing to plug to transfer port into the slim's hard drive, which is indeed the same as the regular 360, but with a different case cover. If this is done, you could easily transfer a slim's hard drive memory to another with no problem. It's also important to note, you don't need a slim hard drive for the 360 when you switch over, just take apart the original hard drive case, and stick it on the bottom of your slim. You might even find slim casing online for purchase. It saves you money, if you're already good with memory.

Instructions:

1. Plugin the original 360 hard drive and its casing to the port on the adapter.
2. Make sure you have another hard drive on the console, and plugin the USB to the console's port.
3. Turn the console on, check for a prompt to transfer memory. (If one doesn't show, go to system settings, and check for the transfer adapter, where you could manually select to transfer memory. Otherwise, unplug it, and put it back in, or turn off the console and restart with it plugged in.)
on April 21, 2017
I am so glad I took the risk to pay for this one rather than the other costly one sold by Microsoft. I was apprehensive something would turn out badly and I would need to lose more cash to get another. in any case, this very facilitated fear! It even accompanied the exchange DVD and pleasantly wrapped. No harm or wear on this. much thanks to you MICROTEK!
on October 25, 2013
Things to beware of:
-Amazon fulfilled orders of third party products have the same listing for multiple third party sellers that sell the "same" product, but not all of them adhere to the branding on the product listing. Able Seller in particular peddled a cheap Chinese knockoff instead of the official Microsoft product listed.
-Packaging was in a very dubious looking and obviously fake, non-Microsoft branded box that included a "Lifetime Warranty" logo with no details about a manufacturer or warranty information inside or out.
-Included a dubious "PC Driver" mini-CD also not consistent with Microsoft branding. Real Microsoft HD Transfer Cables do not need drivers for use with Xbox 360.
-Microsoft inset logo and data-plate sticker on the actual product, though convincing, also don't hold up when compared to the real thing (inset logo doesn't have as much fine detail as the real thing).

Do not use this product to attempt to transfer data from a Microsoft HD to a Xbox 360 as it will recognize your HD as an unformatted USB storage device and will want to format it.

And in closing, selling bootleg knockoffs as official branded products is illegal. Shame on Able Seller, but even more shame on Amazon who is just as liable for hosting the erroneous product description. I live near Microsoft Corp. HQ and I'm tempted to report this rather than return the product....
on January 16, 2013
We were transferring *original* Xbox 360 Hard Drive data to a *new* Xbox 360 Slim (2012).

While we had some initial frustration trying to follow the instructions in the booklet and were convinced that we had the wrong cable for a short time, it turns out we didn't need the disc that came with it at all. The Xbox 360 Slim automatically detects that there is a transfer cable and even allows you to specify what content you wish to transfer. You can also cancel the transfer at any time without any problems. It is very flexible, simple, and easy.

One thing we didn't understand was that some game files were somehow already "present" on the new Xbox, prompting us with the option to overwrite a few saves or not (we had synced game profiles and transferred licenses already), because the old Xbox was never set up for Cloud storage. Our theory was that if you create a new save for a game and then attempt a transfer (as we did), it gets a little confused because it's attempting to transfer it into the same save slots. Everything seemingly went off without a hitch though, and there is still actually a copy of our old data on the original Xbox HD in case we realize we didn't get one of the saves somehow.
on July 4, 2012
Well, my old Xbox 360 died and I decided to replace it with the new Xbox 360 250GB Racing Bundle but I had a lot of old Call of Duty maps and Forza4 cars, tracks, and drivers I didn't want to give up when moving to the new Xbox. This cable was exactly what I needed to get all the files off of the old hard drive and onto the new unit.

It's a very easy process; just disconnect the hard drive from the old Xbox, plug it into the "box" part of this cable, and connect the USB to the new Xbox slim. Fiddle with the software just a bit to move the files over, and you're done!

The price on Amazon is also less than half what they sell it for at my local Game Store(tm) so that's an added bonus. Throw in free 2-day shipping with my Prime account and it's a no brainer to get this cable.

The only bad thing is once I'm done with it, it just will sit around collecting dust. I will hold onto it, though, just in case a friend's old Xbox 360 dies and they find themselves in the same position I was in, wanting to move old files to a new Xbox slim.
on April 2, 2013
While replacing a chock full 120gb drive with a 250gb on my old style Xbox I ordered this to simplify moving the data (it does not copy, it moves the data and deletes the copy on your source drive). It is very easy to use and makes the process a lot less painless. You simply plug one end into your new (or old drive) and the other goes into any USB port on your Xbox. It may not recognize it instantly but after a few moments it will mention their is another drive attached and ask you if you want to copy to or from it. It moved the profile, saves, music, pictures, downloads etc. from my older 120gb to the newer 250gb. However, it will not copy the installed game files. These have to be reinstalled on the new drive. Perhaps this is an issue with DRM? The installations being coded to only work on the machine you installed them on? I believe it took just under two hours to move about 60gb of profiles, demo's, downloadable content, etc. onto the new HD.
on February 5, 2013
It was finally time to upgrade from my old, jet-engine-loud fat model to the newer Xbox 360 slim, and thus faced one of those situations profoundly frustrating to people as cheap as me - I didn't want to spend a lot of time and effort migrating hundreds of saves and dozens of games from my old Xbox to the new, but I also was loathe to spend 20 dollars on a cable I would need exactly once and then never again.

So, Amazon to the rescue. The cable didn't even come in packaging, merely a green plastic bag, so I was a tiny bit skeptical. And yet, it included the CD, the cable, and brief instructions, which worked flawlessly and made the migration a painless process. Awesome.

I still had to spend a few bucks on this item I'll never need again, but that's Microsoft's fault, not the cable itself. I'm just happy I was able to do it for less than half the price than if I'd bought the official Microsoft cable. That's enough for five stars from me.
on March 12, 2017
Arrived complete and on time in good condition. Works well as expected.