Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Xbox 360 Energizer Power & Play Charging System w/ x2 Battery Pack (Colors May Vary)
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on October 13, 2012
Found this at a local retailer while looking for new rechargeable battery packs. At this price point it offers a great convenience.

We have multiple XBox 360 chargers:

* the original Microsoft upright, pack only charger (Xbox 360 Quick Charge Kit)
* a Nyko pack only charger (Xbox 360 Charge Station)
* the Nyko controller-based charger (Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360)

So this is our fourth. The original Microsoft and Nyko pack-only chargers are fine, but I hate changing out batteries especially with myself plus 3 kids playing weekly/bi-weekly. We don't log hours each day, maybe an hour or two at one sitting, 4-5 times a month. Plus, these batteries are not cross compatible for unknown reasons.

The Nyko controller-based charger has been great for leaving controllers on a base for days in between and even has a USB port, but we have no use for that. The indicator lights are small, white LEDs. You have to know what to look for to know if the packs are charged or not. The battery is also proprietary - it may work on the other chargers, but other packs won't work on this unit as the proprietary packs have and charge through an extra, externally mounted connector.

Which leaves me to this new, vertical charger - several features we like. The designers made a great call on the power transformer. It has a horizontal orientation - we have it plugged directly into the wall outlet, but I assume this orientation allows it to fit into a single space on a surge protector. We also love the more vertical alignment - a bigger overall footprint than the Nyko strip, but still small and stylish with easy access to both controllers. We don't have the port for the headset as one picture illustrates so I can't speak to that.

Lastly and most importantly, is that this charger is the only one we use that utilizes the front controller port meaning you can use other batteries with it. A possible bonus is that this may be the only charger that I mentioned that works with rechargeable batteries in the AA battery packs. I need to research and test this though and will update this review if I learn more. Best of all, each controller has a clear plastic guide that wraps over and under the charging port on the controller - makes it easy to guide the controller on PLUS it has a red or green light that illuminates the plastic allowing even a novice to know if the controller is fully charged or not.

This unit is perfect for tabletop usage but it's excellent for use in a cabinet with easy access and view of charging lights.
on July 12, 2012
I got this charger because my brother got one. It works great, comes with two battery packs by energizer so you cant really go wrong with a well known brand. It does the job, batteries last a long time in between charges, and if you leave the controller on the charger for too long it wont over charge so you don't have to worry about over charging. It will even charge your current rechargeable battery packs in the controller. However there is no slot to just charge a battery, it could be useful if they had it. but over all i recommend this to anyone with a need for more battery packs and a charge station. A must BUY!!
on September 27, 2012
The Xbox 360 Energizer Power & Play Charging System w/ x2 Battery Pack, is a great product. After taking some time to asses it's potential and testing it in a few categories I can say that this is a great alternative to an official Microsoft battery charger. Colors may vary, as I was hoping for the black one, but ended up with a white version. The Product contains the charger station with mic charger port and 2 rechargeable batteries from Energizer. Overall the product is simple. you put your whole controller with rechargeable battery pack into the charging port and a red light will show indicating that the controller is charging, when this process is done the color will change from red to green, indication it had completed. The energizer batteries last a long time (maybe longer than Microsoft's) and are an great addition to the package deal.

Overall the product is a great buy for anyone who needs one simple job done. and that is to charge those dang controllers, and get back to the game. the only cons I can see to this product are as follows, if you are low on controllers, using this will take you away from the game. there is now way to only charge the battery without a controller. so make sure you charge them when your done with your gaming session. In Conclusion I find this to be a great alternative to some of the other charging stations on the market, and I have used this one with no issues. I highly recommend to anyone looking for something simple to charge their controllers.

If you have any, Comments, Questions, or Concerns, please message me in the comment section below and I will help you with any questions you may have.
At request I can put up a video review of the product if requested.

Thanks for reading.
on September 4, 2014
Ok, this charging station does its job. However, the battery packs that came with it are terrible. They won't stay in the 360 controller. They keep popping out. Good station, bad batteries. I recommend getting Nyko batteries, they are awesome.
on August 19, 2013
I haven't had any marathon gaming sessions yet, so I can't comment on battery life, but so far it hasn't been a problem for a few hours at a time. One of the two battery packs was a little hard to get seated right so that it wouldn't fall out, but I can't tell if it was the battery pack or the controller, and a little back and forth got it seated for good. It is attractive, and there seems to be a good connection between the controller and the charger (unlike the fiddly Wii Remote chargers that have to be just so and still lose connection most of the time). I've had it about a month and no complaints at all.
on November 22, 2013
I've had my xbox 360 for about 5 years now and I've been using AA batteries. I did a little research on how much I've spent on just batteries and the amount was astronomical! I absolutely needed a new solution to save me a bit of money. This cost me about 1/4 of what batteries have been costing me. It's so nice to put my controller on this charger while I go to work and when I get home I can unplug and play. Holds about 14 days for me since I use it about 3 hours a day or so. Really nice station for a great price and great looking.
on December 21, 2014
love this better then the charging system for the 360. u just place the controller on the charger, u don't have to push it in to charge like the one for the 360. wish they made these for the 360, i would buy it.
on November 19, 2013
Bought this one first because it comes with the two batteries. Then I bought the Nyko. I much prefer the Nyko system to this one. This one recharges by using the front inputs on the controller. They already seem loose like the controller will fall off the station. One battery is defective. It turns off every few minutes or so. You can turn the controller back on but then it goes off again. When charging it, the other battery finishes before this one. Seems like it takes twice as long to charge.
on December 26, 2013
This charging dock is well worth the price. It looks sleek, and lights green for charged, and red while charging (until fully charged). The controllers just stick straigh in and seem to float there. I was concerned that they would fall out, but they haven't. Also you get 2 battery packs with this and they last quite a while.
on December 11, 2013
It's nice to get rid of using AA batts and use a charging system. This charger charged both controllers fast enough. The lights to indicate whether its charged or charging are a nice touch. Small footprint so it doesn't take up a lot of room.