Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 8, 2011
I was looking for a wireless guitar controller for my son (age 7) to play Lego Rock Band. It all started when he asked for an electric guitar for Christmas and my wife and I thought "without lessons an electric guitar is only going to amplify the noise that comes from someone that doesn't know how to play the guitar." Rather than suffer through that for the next few years, until he learns to play, I thought he might enjoy playing Guitar Hero or Rock Band on the Xbox 360.

I did some research and found that Lego Rock Band is one of the few games that is age appropriate for a 7 year old. However, that left me with trying to figure out what wireless guitar will work. Plus I wanted it to look great and last and so far the GH5 guitar is doing great.

From some of my research I found out that the strum bar on the GH5 guitar is longer and uses better switches, so it will last longer. I was also concerned that the overall length of the guitar might be too big for a 7 year old, but he has no problem reaching all the buttons.

My son seems to think that he needs to jump all around the room when he is rocking out, so the guitar has taken it's share of abuse already and it still works great.

I guess the good thing is, even though my son didn't get an electric guitar for Christmas, he was just as excited and probably has a lot more fun playing the GH5 guitar and Lego Rock Band.
2 helpful votes
on August 23, 2017
Works great looks new!
on July 1, 2017
Strum bar doesn't work. It clicks down twice when I do it once. Claimed to have "play tested" the guitar. Well, that's a complete lie, because I can guarantee that no one play tested this item. It's an extremely noticeable defectiveness! Don't trust what these guys have to say.
on August 4, 2010
In many ways, this guitar controller was a big step in the right direction. Well, integrating the guide button with the d-pad was an incredibly stupid idea, but the strummer in particular was a huge improvement over anything on any controller before. It's about 25% longer than the strummers on other controllers, allowing you to strum closer to the neck, and the more grippable, rubbery texture gives you a lot more control during fast strumming. But, now that the problems with the detachable neck that were the downfall of the GH3 guitar have apparently been resolved, there are still more of the double-strumming issues that the GHWT controllers were known for. I noticed that my GH5 controller was registering double-strums occasionally right out of the box. Only very occasionally at first, but as time has gone on (I've had it for about three months now) it has been becoming more and more of a problem, to the point now where it is really wrecking my scores (and some research on the internet quickly revealed that the problem isn't with just mine, they usually begin developing serious double-strum problems after a few months.) It's really a shame, as at first this controller seemed like a real winner and had some chance of surpassing the GH2 Xplorer as the best all around controller until I learned (and experienced for myself) that these are just as disposable as the GH3 Les Pauls.
13 helpful votes
14 helpful votes
66 comments|Report abuse
on February 4, 2014
I am a huge Guitar Hero fan, sadly my last guitar died and was forced to find another. The price is the least of the others i have found. It works wonderful. I did not come with a strap, o biggie i used my Erie Ball strap from my last guitar. It did come with a GH Band Hero, i guess as a substitute to the strap. UPDATE: 5/28/14 The guitar was working great now not so much. It does not always pick up the down strum or it will double play it. Not always but mostly does not work. I can strum up and it works same with the touch pad.
on September 15, 2010
I've been playing the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games for 3 years now, and as such I've gone through my fair share of guitar controllers. It's safe to say that not all controllers are made equal. I've found it difficult to rely on a Guitar Hero controller after the GH3 controllers came out due to the numerous problems I faced with that controller. Until recently, I had been using a Rock Band controller and a GH2 Xplorer style controller. However, I needed to go wireless because I like to plan Rock Band parties and I don't want people tripping over the wires. So, I did a bit of research comparing this controller with the Rock Band 2 Stratocaster controller and eventually decided on this one. I was a bit wary when I first tried it out, but I soon grew to love it. The buttons are spaced perfectly for my hands, which are a bit large. The length of the neck feels perfect, as compared to the Xplorer which is far too small. The strum bar is fairly quiet, but still has that tactile "click" that I use to keep time during fast parts of songs. The whammy bar is low and out of the way making it easy to play without running into it, but it's also long enough to make it easy to reach when long sustained notes come up. And the placement of the Back/Select button makes it virtually effortless to activate overdrive/star power. I've fallen in love with this guitar and it's easily become my guitar controller of choice when playing Rock Band or Guitar Hero. If you're looking to pick up a new wireless guitar controller, this would definitely be a great choice.
25 helpful votes
26 helpful votes
on August 28, 2015
Before I bought the product I review to see what the package came with unfortunately it did not come with what it said it didn't have no shoulder strap the batteries were missing the battery cover was missing not to happy
on March 2, 2013
This was used and so the cost was less than new, but still felt like it was more expensive than what a used product should have been. That was the going price though for used. product was packaged well and in good shape as described when it arrived. the guitar makes a loud clicking sound when the keys are pressed. don't know if they all do that or just this one.
on December 17, 2014
Bought this to replace the one that came with GH3. Looks good and feels good. Has a bit more weight to it, but got used to it quick. The whammy bar take some getting used to since it is a little longer and seems to be a bit springy.
on March 2, 2016
Works great,but Strum bar and colored buttons were sticky and won't come unsticky..otherwise happy with purchase