Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 510 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 565 reviews
on September 3, 2015
FYI: PLEASE NOTE that you can use the "Copy" and "Movie" functions to transfer information from one Xbox Hard Drive to another one without having to lose the information from the original Xbox 360. To do this, when the message pops up asking you if you want to continue to transfer the information, click "No". Then, go back to your Xbox 360 Desktop and go to Settings and click "Storage". Then click on your original Hard Drive and "Copy" and move your games to your New Hard Drive. Please note that there may be "some items" that you "will Not be able to move". Do Not Worry...this information will be added, when you put the original game disc in your Xbox 360. Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable
on January 13, 2016
Arrived in good timing and worked like a charm. It was easy to use and got the job done quickly. I used this to transfer games and files from a 20GB (xbox original 360 console) hard drive to a 250GB hard drive and I will surely use it when I'm ready to upgrade the memory again. If you want to transfer individual files you can choose which file you would like to transfer, however, once you transfer the files to another hard drive they are removed from the original hard drive and onto the new one. There isn't an option to copy the files. Maybe in a later version of this product they might include that feature. But either way this is good to have since it is reusable.
on February 11, 2017
I got my cable today and was excited to finally transfer the data from the old hard drive that I owned to Xbox 360 slim that I have now. When I initially tried it and it didn't work I thought well maybe it's just the USB port. So I tried it in a port where I knew it would work but again it still didn't work after that I went to forums to see anyone else was experiencing the same difficulties as me. I found really similar answers on the forums and even on YouTube people were doing very similar things and I tried them but to no avail.
on December 14, 2012
I bought a used cable on here for $7.64. Since few people will use this more than once, a used cable is like new. Doesn't make a lot of sense to buy a new one. The only problem was that it came with no instructions. Here's a couple of tips for people w/o instructions (didn't read all the reviews to see if these are already provided here):

With the old (non-slim) Xbox 360, you just pop off the hard drive case from the Xbox and attach it to the cable. The cable has USB on one end and two different types of connectors on the other; both have plastic covers. The old Xbox uses the bottom connector. I assume that the slim Xbox uses the end connector.

Plug in the USB, turn on the Xbox and wait for the instructions to appear onscreen. The transfer doesn't just copy the files, it deletes the copied files from the old hard drive as it goes, so any files remaining on the old drive didn't get transferred for what ever reason. (Programs installed on the HD from discs do not get copied.)

I originally intended to just re-download DLCs and stuff rather than waste money on this cable, but quickly discovered that Xbox Live no longer has some of what I bought, which was a shock, so I had no choice but to get the cable.

There's not much to the cable, so it gets 5 stars for being what it is, but the XBLive software sucks. Since I had already run some games on the new Xbox before getting this cable, the software would stop the transfer every time it came across a save file or a file I had already downloaded to ask if I wanted to overwrite it. There was an option to say Yes for all files, but not No, so I had to keep checking back to see if the transfer had stopped and say Not to overwrite a file. It also hung up on one particular file but after I pushed a button (no prompt was shown), it continued. Took several hours like this.
on March 5, 2017
So easy. Thank you so much. Literally the easiest transfer i could possibly imagine. Worked perfect. Shipping on time. All around great. Thanks again.
on October 31, 2015
I have used it twice. Works with 2 problems. One it does not copy, it transfers. If you are just updating your system, the old one will lose all of the game. And you have to do a license transfer. If you don't, once live goes down for 360 the new system will not play those games. Look it up on internet.
on March 6, 2014
I needed to transfer some files from my 250 gig hard drive from my Xbox 360 slim to my new 320 gig hard drive. Plugs right in the USB port in the front of the Xbox and all you have to do is hook it up to your old hard drive, wait for the window to pop up to transfer files and done! You can also choose certain files to transfer and ones you wanna leave. Awesome product and did exactly what I needed!!! Very satisfied!!
on July 29, 2013
This product does exactly what it is supposed to do: it allows you to transfer the contents of one Xbox 360 hard drive to another one. In my case, my 360 red-ringed (which is something that apparently happens to everyone). I elected to get an Xbox 360 slim and a new hard drive, hence the need to transfer.

As expected, I plugged in the drive and transferred over all that Microsoft allowed me to transfer. It is important to note that this is a transfer: the way Microsoft sets it up you can only move stuff from one drive to another. As such, creating a backup of your drive is out (at least doing it via the Microsoft software).

Since it is a USB to SATA cable, it should also work with standard SATA drives when attached to a PC. While such drives can be used with an Xbox 360, this requires a fair amount of "hacking"-you can't just copy your Xbox 360 drive onto a low-cost SATA drive. So, most folks just shell out the premium for the Microsoft drives.
on August 14, 2013
I bought this transfer cable that is supposed to work straight forward.
Well if its not a "OFFICIAL" Microsoft product you will have some serious issues.

First my years of game play is GONE!!!. This cable converted my xbox hard drive to a usb stick.
So not only did my years of game play go POOF!!!. But now I can not even use the very expensive
xbox hard drive anymore. It converts it to a different format and the xbox can no longer read it.

When I contact this vendor about my issue. All they could say is... thats too bad...
and then have no intention of reconciling this in any way. Granted lost data is just that.
But my hard drive that I can no longer use because of the inferior product they sold me changed it so it is unusable.

I think that is very very wrong and when I email them they just ignore me.
AVOID THIS VENDOR HE WILL JUST RIP YOU OFF!!!!!
on May 11, 2016
Product does not work. Zero stars. Tried to transfer data from Xbox 360 elite HD to Xbox 360 S HD. Using this cable, system did not recognize the HD. Borrowed a friends Microsoft transfer cable, worked perfectly. Do not buy this item. Get a used Microsoft transfer cable from GameStop.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.