Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 133 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 146 reviews
on January 7, 2013
It is amazing what this game console does. Clear and fast graphics. Amazing game pad. Voice recognition. Media player. Social interaction via Internet. It is packed full of fun features to use and explore.
Since Microsoft is all about making money, they have made it easy to spend... just one click away using a credit card and their Micro-bucks (which are valued higher than U.S. Dollars). This could be unfortunate in the hands of someone who is financially immature or a video-game adict.
The Kinect sensor promises so much, but is finicky. I am six feet tall and visually impared... this thing hates me. It insists that I be 8 feet away from it (where I can't read the TV screen), and if I move closer it pauses whatever is going on and tells me to stand back. Definitely NOT for small rooms.
I also bought the wireless Speed Wheel to play a boat racing game that came pre-loaded on the Xbox; but it does not have "bumpers". Since the Wheel is not programmable, they suggest on their web site that you use a game's options to reassign needed functions... which you cannot do. How frustrating !
on January 7, 2013
This Xbox 360 with Kinect has been our most popular Christmas gift for the season. It provides something for everyone. I'm enjoying the Zumba workout tapes that I purchased; my son is enjoying Dance Central, and my daugher is enjoying the two games that came with the bundle.

The last family system we purchased was the WII, and I like the Kinect for this system much better. You can use your voice, your body motions or the controller to control the game - and it's not as complicated as it sounds. I can do it - and I'm a 40-something year old mom!!

We have played on this system everyday since Christmas, and there is no sign that we will stop!! Good purchase for us!
on November 18, 2015
My son is such a big gamer and refuses to play anything but xbox. I have even asked if he wanted the new play station and it's always no. What kid refuses new game consoles? ? The ones who are so fascinated with xbox that's who. He loves to be able to go online and play with friends and chat at the same time. And you can also play DVD movies on it as well.
on January 19, 2013
New to xbox and the kinect hardware, and in short it is an impressive piece of hardware. The fact that *you* become the controller brings a whole different approach to video games, and that's refreshing.

This bundle included a "virtual Disneyland" game that is "alright" (kid's comment), as well as "Kinect Adventures", which consists of several fun activities. The favorite adventure activity is easily the raft riding.

Virtual Disneyland suffers from some general creepiness where all the non-player characters exhibit "alive, but distant" syndrome. Think happy zombies festooned with Mickey Mouse ears.

This bundle was a good deal, very easy to set up and start playing, and instant fun.
on December 27, 2012
This came with a 3 minth xbox gold subscription credit, but when I tried to redeem it using the instructions sent by email, I found it impossible to do so. The email was sent from notification only address that does not accept incoming mail. I feel I have been ripped off by Amazon and wasted hours of my time trying to redeem the promo items. There was also to be a $10 credit on my account for this xbox order and I cannot locate that either. The whole experience has been incredibly frustrating and will never fall for another so called promo like this from Amazon again.

I plan to file better business bureau complaints.
on June 8, 2015
great deal on Amazon. I always price compare Target, Best Buy and Amazon for electronics. Amazon won due to price point.

We went with Xbox over others because it makes you move and we love dance party and the karate one. Dance party is Zumba in your home competing with your kids.
Pros-
Great price for system with Kinect
Included games will keep kids occupied for weeks
Came with promos for downloadable games and content

Cons -
4GB isn't a lot when you download games, there are several preloaded games that reduce the available space to about half that. So plan on buying a USB memory stick (up to 32GB) to store games or buy a hard drive (MS brand if you have old Xbox games, otherwise generic versions work fine)
on September 4, 2014
Its a great game console. I recommend that you buy an additional hard drive to place on the bay that has to this in the back of the console. It will increase from 320 GB or more and you can download games to disc without problems. The link is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B0QONB0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
on January 19, 2013
I stumbled upon another viewers comment about going to the website clicking on the 3 month online card Xbox live membership. It will ask you to add a new card. Once you add your new card it will ask you you're billing address. After that you will be taking to confirm your order which you will see that your price is $0.00 with a promotional code to zero out the balance. It's a little annoying because the email says you will get the code but it doesn't give you the code. So you will need to go through the above process to get the code.
on December 7, 2012
ABOUT KINECT:

One word. AWESOME. Kinect is the only sensor based console which doens't require holding some remote in your hand unlike the PS3 move and the WII. The wii was known for its gameplay, not graphics. You know being interactive and all. The PS3 made it better by giving great graphics WITH sensor based games when they made the ps3 move. The XBOX took that to the next next level, by giving super awesome graphics, make it sensor based AND not require any annoying controls to buy with it like the PS3 move remote or the wii nunchuck or whatever. So its a step ahead of them both! In a way, you are almost like IN THE GAME.. every crazy thing you do in real life infront of your kinect is somehow programmed to make an effect inside the game.

ABOUT THIS DEAL:

Great deal. Even if I hadn't gotten it for 220 $ on the lightning deal, I would still buy it at its current price. Around 260$ I think? The games that come with it are very much fun. They don't test the ability of xbox's graphics but are fun and they do test kinects interactive and receptive sensor based gameplay. HAven't played the disney game cuz it looked childish but the adventures game is way too much fun.

It came 2 days before it was supposed to be delivered, packing was easy to open, everything was in there, top notch condition, NO problems at all. I connected it hassle free, with HDMI or regular A/V cords that came with it. Super fun. Super awesome game. A lot of room infront of the TV helps but is not a necessity. Big TV's enhance the experience. I have a 40'' one and it is out of this world to play games on this baby.

Get this game called ' Rise of nightmares ' if you think interactive game play is for kids and families and is all just goodie two shoes fun. Trust me, its an awesome game to be playing on the kinect.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question