Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 296 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 326 reviews
on December 20, 2014
Our son finally reached the age where some of his favorite games were no longer as much fun on the iPad (e.g., Minecraft), and I was looking for additional ways to have fun interacting with him. He had a ton of fun with his cousin doing Hip Hop Dance Experience over Thanksgiving this year, so, 9 years after the initial release of the Xbox 360 gaming system, we finally took the plunge and purchased this system for him as a birthday gift from Amazon.

As usual, delivery was on time and everything was in perfect shape. This is the "E" console, and has both composite and HDMI outputs (we used the latter). This is a 4GB unit, so you should not plan to load and store tons of games. Given our admittedly limited gaming habits, I don't see this being too much of an issue. The console does, however, have two USB slots, each of which can handle a 16GB flash drive (32GB total additional storage). Because you can swap out flash drives, you can keep different games, profiles, etc. on the drives.

The 2nd-longest part of setting up the unit was pulling out my entertainment center and (re)connecting everything in a sensible way (I believe in cable management). The 3rd-longest part of the set-up was updating the console via Xbox Live (not a huge deal--there were bound to be some), and the longest part of the set-up was creating individual profiles for my son, my wife, and me. You can customize everything from skin color to facial features to clothing (down to the shoes your avatar wears), so we spent a lot of time getting our looks just right. All-in-all, setting everything up took about 2 hours, but it can (and maybe should) take much less time for the average person. Once done, we haven't looked back. The image quality for games will depend greatly on the game itself. Minecraft, for example, will always appear "blocky" but "Gears of War" was stunning. In order to "compare apples-to-apples" I put in a few DVD's, and the quality was extremely good (If you want to play Blu Ray movies, you'll need Xbox One). The bundles comes with a single wireless controller and two games (Kinect Sports: Season 2 and Forza Horizon), but we also purchased Star Wars Kinect Kinect Star Wars - Xbox 360 and Minecraft Minecraft - Xbox 360, as well as an additional wireless controller (on sale for $35 at Toys-R-Us) so that at least two people could play everything.

As far as the Kinect unit goes, It occasionally took moving around a bit before a second person will be recognized by the Kinect unit, but only in the Star Wars game thus far. The Kinect has actually done a very good job keeping up with our movements once both people are recognized (there is a bit of lag time that was noticeable to my wife [former athlete, dancer, and model] but not to me). Only once did the Kinect just "shut down" on us, but this was after at least 3 hours of consecutive play. I've moved it and the Xbox console to where it can get better ventilation, and the issue hasn't repeated itself.

All-in-all, this is a fantastic gaming system, even if it is a little long in the tooth and its replacement is already here. Although the storage is limited, I knew this going in, and preferred to spend the money on the Kinect unit rather than a larger hard drive. Besides the cheaper price of the console/Kinect system, another HUGE plus of waiting almost 10 years to buy one is that there are LOADS of used games that are EXTREMELY inexpensive now (I picked up the entire Gears of War series for $15 at a local GameStop). The Xbox was the star of his birthday party, I've lost 3 pounds in a week with the Kinect, the family is having loads of fun, and I couldn't be happier with this purchase.
on April 15, 2014
I waited a while until this was on sale, I am very happy with my purchase Love the Kinect and how sturdy it is ( not like the Wii Bar ) The games load up perfectly, currently playing Minecraft. This is my first game system other then a Wii- Happy with my purchase and the Kinect Adventures and Sports Bundle is hours of fun!
on January 6, 2015
The whole family is absolutely THRILLED with this purchase (Santa gift). Easy to set up and use (much easier than the Wii that we own). No problems using the Kinect. Lots of fun for both kids who usually don't play together! kinect games keep you moving!! love it! We have no interest in first person shooter games, so the Xbox one, PS4, etc had no appeal. Just hope they keep making games for the 360.
on March 24, 2017
My best friend lol great product and seller
on August 16, 2017
Super for the children, thank you !
on January 8, 2017
had no problems with it
on June 16, 2014
We purchased this for my daughter for a Christmas present it arrived in just a few days time and I was provided emails to let me know when the item was shipping, on the truck out for delivery and when it had been delivered so I knew when to expect the item. It was very well packaged so there were no issues with the item and it works just as promised. I have nothing bad to say about this purchase and would recommend this item and this seller to all who are looking for this type of item.
on December 30, 2013
Impressed.
Graphics are great. High quality. Wide variety of games can be used on this system. Can be intimidating and seem complicated if your not big on electronics like me, but after messing around with it a bit, I figured it out. It very easy to use.
I'm old school, so last time I played a game system was back in 1997.
Incredible how much has changed.
All the features were pretty impressive.
I could go on, but that'd take too long to discribe all the cool stuff you can do.
I'm definitely hooked.
on March 21, 2015
Awesome deal! I love the Kinect ,it is much better than the wii in my opinion. I got it as a birthday gift for my nine year old son and he loves it ..it came with a game for the Kinect and I will tell you it was so much fun,but I was worn out after a couple of hours!! It is hard to stop playing because of the competition and the funny snapshots it shows at the end!
on December 30, 2013
We bought this as a Christmas present for our 10 year old son. He absolutely loves it. It was a great price and the games it came with are fun. It was easy to set up, however, remember to remove the foam piece in the middle of the Kinect sensor or it will give you an error message. (Had to go online to figure out why and that is what it was. We used an HDMI cable (not included) and it has a great picture. Great way to be active when the weather is too cold to be outside.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.