Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 20, 2014
Our son finally reached the age where some of his favorite games were no longer as much fun on the iPad (e.g., Minecraft), and I was looking for additional ways to have fun interacting with him. He had a ton of fun with his cousin doing Hip Hop Dance Experience over Thanksgiving this year, so, 9 years after the initial release of the Xbox 360 gaming system, we finally took the plunge and purchased this system for him as a birthday gift from Amazon.

As usual, delivery was on time and everything was in perfect shape. This is the "E" console, and has both composite and HDMI outputs (we used the latter). This is a 4GB unit, so you should not plan to load and store tons of games. Given our admittedly limited gaming habits, I don't see this being too much of an issue. The console does, however, have two USB slots, each of which can handle a 16GB flash drive (32GB total additional storage). Because you can swap out flash drives, you can keep different games, profiles, etc. on the drives.

The 2nd-longest part of setting up the unit was pulling out my entertainment center and (re)connecting everything in a sensible way (I believe in cable management). The 3rd-longest part of the set-up was updating the console via Xbox Live (not a huge deal--there were bound to be some), and the longest part of the set-up was creating individual profiles for my son, my wife, and me. You can customize everything from skin color to facial features to clothing (down to the shoes your avatar wears), so we spent a lot of time getting our looks just right. All-in-all, setting everything up took about 2 hours, but it can (and maybe should) take much less time for the average person. Once done, we haven't looked back. The image quality for games will depend greatly on the game itself. Minecraft, for example, will always appear "blocky" but "Gears of War" was stunning. In order to "compare apples-to-apples" I put in a few DVD's, and the quality was extremely good (If you want to play Blu Ray movies, you'll need Xbox One). The bundles comes with a single wireless controller and two games (Kinect Sports: Season 2 and Forza Horizon), but we also purchased Star Wars Kinect Kinect Star Wars - Xbox 360 and Minecraft Minecraft - Xbox 360, as well as an additional wireless controller (on sale for $35 at Toys-R-Us) so that at least two people could play everything.

As far as the Kinect unit goes, It occasionally took moving around a bit before a second person will be recognized by the Kinect unit, but only in the Star Wars game thus far. The Kinect has actually done a very good job keeping up with our movements once both people are recognized (there is a bit of lag time that was noticeable to my wife [former athlete, dancer, and model] but not to me). Only once did the Kinect just "shut down" on us, but this was after at least 3 hours of consecutive play. I've moved it and the Xbox console to where it can get better ventilation, and the issue hasn't repeated itself.

All-in-all, this is a fantastic gaming system, even if it is a little long in the tooth and its replacement is already here. Although the storage is limited, I knew this going in, and preferred to spend the money on the Kinect unit rather than a larger hard drive. Besides the cheaper price of the console/Kinect system, another HUGE plus of waiting almost 10 years to buy one is that there are LOADS of used games that are EXTREMELY inexpensive now (I picked up the entire Gears of War series for $15 at a local GameStop). The Xbox was the star of his birthday party, I've lost 3 pounds in a week with the Kinect, the family is having loads of fun, and I couldn't be happier with this purchase.
on October 16, 2017
I bought this in 2014 and have been using it daily since then to work out with the Kinect. It's still going strong, even though it's now outdated. Loved the two kiddie games that came with it so much (Kinect Sports: Season Two and Adventures) that I wound up buying Kinect Sports.
on January 6, 2015
The whole family is absolutely THRILLED with this purchase (Santa gift). Easy to set up and use (much easier than the Wii that we own). No problems using the Kinect. Lots of fun for both kids who usually don't play together! kinect games keep you moving!! love it! We have no interest in first person shooter games, so the Xbox one, PS4, etc had no appeal. Just hope they keep making games for the 360.
on March 24, 2017
My best friend lol great product and seller
on November 19, 2017
It worked for 2 months, then would not turn on without an "upgrade." I've been on with customer support for hours and even sent it in for repair , coming back unfixed. It says it doesn't need the internet, but it really does. I wasted about $400 with games and the console. Will not buy XBoxes again.
on August 16, 2017
Super for the children, thank you !
on January 8, 2017
had no problems with it
on June 16, 2014
We purchased this for my daughter for a Christmas present it arrived in just a few days time and I was provided emails to let me know when the item was shipping, on the truck out for delivery and when it had been delivered so I knew when to expect the item. It was very well packaged so there were no issues with the item and it works just as promised. I have nothing bad to say about this purchase and would recommend this item and this seller to all who are looking for this type of item.
on December 30, 2013
Impressed.
Graphics are great. High quality. Wide variety of games can be used on this system. Can be intimidating and seem complicated if your not big on electronics like me, but after messing around with it a bit, I figured it out. It very easy to use.
I'm old school, so last time I played a game system was back in 1997.
Incredible how much has changed.
All the features were pretty impressive.
I could go on, but that'd take too long to discribe all the cool stuff you can do.
I'm definitely hooked.
on March 21, 2015
Awesome deal! I love the Kinect ,it is much better than the wii in my opinion. I got it as a birthday gift for my nine year old son and he loves it ..it came with a game for the Kinect and I will tell you it was so much fun,but I was worn out after a couple of hours!! It is hard to stop playing because of the competition and the funny snapshots it shows at the end!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.