Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Xbox 360 E 4GB-Knct 1P Bndl EN/ES NA NTSC Bundle KCK - Xbox 360
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 20, 2014
Our son finally reached the age where some of his favorite games were no longer as much fun on the iPad (e.g., Minecraft), and I was looking for additional ways to have fun interacting with him. He had a ton of fun with his cousin doing Hip Hop Dance Experience over Thanksgiving this year, so, 9 years after the initial release of the Xbox 360 gaming system, we finally took the plunge and purchased this system for him as a birthday gift from Amazon.

As usual, delivery was on time and everything was in perfect shape. This is the "E" console, and has both composite and HDMI outputs (we used the latter). This is a 4GB unit, so you should not plan to load and store tons of games. Given our admittedly limited gaming habits, I don't see this being too much of an issue. The console does, however, have two USB slots, each of which can handle a 16GB flash drive (32GB total additional storage). Because you can swap out flash drives, you can keep different games, profiles, etc. on the drives.

The 2nd-longest part of setting up the unit was pulling out my entertainment center and (re)connecting everything in a sensible way (I believe in cable management). The 3rd-longest part of the set-up was updating the console via Xbox Live (not a huge deal--there were bound to be some), and the longest part of the set-up was creating individual profiles for my son, my wife, and me. You can customize everything from skin color to facial features to clothing (down to the shoes your avatar wears), so we spent a lot of time getting our looks just right. All-in-all, setting everything up took about 2 hours, but it can (and maybe should) take much less time for the average person. Once done, we haven't looked back. The image quality for games will depend greatly on the game itself. Minecraft, for example, will always appear "blocky" but "Gears of War" was stunning. In order to "compare apples-to-apples" I put in a few DVD's, and the quality was extremely good (If you want to play Blu Ray movies, you'll need Xbox One). The bundles comes with a single wireless controller and two games (Kinect Sports: Season 2 and Forza Horizon), but we also purchased Star Wars Kinect Kinect Star Wars - Xbox 360 and Minecraft Minecraft - Xbox 360, as well as an additional wireless controller (on sale for $35 at Toys-R-Us) so that at least two people could play everything.

As far as the Kinect unit goes, It occasionally took moving around a bit before a second person will be recognized by the Kinect unit, but only in the Star Wars game thus far. The Kinect has actually done a very good job keeping up with our movements once both people are recognized (there is a bit of lag time that was noticeable to my wife [former athlete, dancer, and model] but not to me). Only once did the Kinect just "shut down" on us, but this was after at least 3 hours of consecutive play. I've moved it and the Xbox console to where it can get better ventilation, and the issue hasn't repeated itself.

All-in-all, this is a fantastic gaming system, even if it is a little long in the tooth and its replacement is already here. Although the storage is limited, I knew this going in, and preferred to spend the money on the Kinect unit rather than a larger hard drive. Besides the cheaper price of the console/Kinect system, another HUGE plus of waiting almost 10 years to buy one is that there are LOADS of used games that are EXTREMELY inexpensive now (I picked up the entire Gears of War series for $15 at a local GameStop). The Xbox was the star of his birthday party, I've lost 3 pounds in a week with the Kinect, the family is having loads of fun, and I couldn't be happier with this purchase.
on December 29, 2013
I bought the holiday bundle with the 4 GB and am pleased with it and the two games that came with it, except for one aspect of the entire purchase. Maybe its a lack of research on my part or lack of product knowledge but I did not know that for some of the games and content for XBOX they require a physical hard drive in the system. The 4 GB system has a flash drive not a physical hard drive. So one needs to purchase a hard drive (99-130 dollars depending on size and retailer) to play some of the games. Had I known that I would have purchased a different bundle, yet still made the purchase. On a side note, if one was to look thru amazon for a off brand hard drive there are mixed reviews on them. After the fact, speaking with a bunch of different people about it, its safer to go with Microsoft generated products on a thing like this vice a off brand. Just a word of caution, take it or leave (based on my limited knowledge)
on November 29, 2013
Gives our children time to sit and use their imagination while learning at the same time. It allows us to monitor what they play.
on December 15, 2013
Targets bundle is $199.00 and u get a 25 $ gift card to spend in the store.... only thing is, u have to buy in store not online
22 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2014
Kids had to clean up their play room before it could be purchased. Bonus. Purchase was made, shipment happened, arrived earlier than expected, works perfectly, doubt it was ever plugged in before, easy installation, happy children. Just like that everyone is happy. Boom-de-da! Done! Don't regret this purchase for a second.
on January 6, 2015
The whole family is absolutely THRILLED with this purchase (Santa gift). Easy to set up and use (much easier than the Wii that we own). No problems using the Kinect. Lots of fun for both kids who usually don't play together! kinect games keep you moving!! love it! We have no interest in first person shooter games, so the Xbox one, PS4, etc had no appeal. Just hope they keep making games for the 360.
on February 9, 2014
The graphics are excellent. My family and I spend hours of quality playing. The Kinect is excellent. I highly recommend it
on January 7, 2014
It's a Xbox, what's not to like. Kinect is a bit difficult but fun once calibrated. you need a large room to use it with more than one person or a tall person.
on January 4, 2014
I waited till my oldest actually asked for an Xbox until I let one in our home. Wow, what an idiot I was. I LOVE this system. One thing I did right away due to the 4GB system was get an additional XBOX Hardrive of 250GB. This way I backed up my games and have plenty of room to store scores and other downloads from XBOX live. The money I save on using Amazon Prime free movies the minimal cost of XBOX live, Netflix and Hulu Plus compared to HBO and individual DVD's is extraordinary. My advice? Get the 4GB, it's cheaper and easier to find, add the additional HD (I also have a Cloud drive by WD in my home that I will use in the future for storage too) and don't upgrade to the XBOX ONE, the games for the XBOX slim 360 are much cheaper. Unless you are a crazy gamer that lives and breathes XBOX games, this is a perfect system for a household that plays Angry Birds and Star Wars for the 7 year old and Kinectimals for the 2 year old and all the online apps for the Mom and Dad. Great system, great buy.
This is the perfect game system to combine playing and TV watching together. We canceled cable and use the X BOX to log into out favorite TV and movie watching apps. We don't need anything else . We did buy extra memory for the games that needed storage and it was easy to put in.