Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 280 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 295 reviews
on March 23, 2013
It happens- my last nifty Limited Edition non-chrome Red 360 controller just 'wore out'. It still technically 'works', but if you've been in a similar situation, you know what I mean.

Enter the Chrome Red 360 controller. I know what you're thinking- 'WILL THIS THING MAKE MY HANDS SWEAT?" Well, as people are different regarding perspiration, I can only speak of my experiences. In my case, I noticed a different, smoother feel, but after about 20 hours of use, I actually prefer the feel of this controller in comparison to the standard 'texturized' controller. The thing never slipped or shot out of my hands due to sweat in the heat of battle.

As far as looks, it's the coolest looking 360 controller I've had- I never really wanted a modded controller and was always nervous about buying one of those colored/chrome style shells, so for Microsoft to go ahead and make a cool chromed version in my favorite color was pretty sweet. Red and shiny with no imperfections, the bottom is black and textured, like a standard 360 controller. The d-pad is also chrome (silver).

The unit comes with a standard AA Battery Pack and 2 Batteries- I certainly recommend either using a play-and-charge kit or using rechargeable batteries. The buttons, sticks, and input for the headset all worked and felt as they should.

My one fault with the product was its price- any 360 controller over $60 should come with a play and charge kit, no matter the color or 'limited edition' status in my opinion.
on May 30, 2015
I bought this for the transforming d-pad, which is great but I was underwhelmed slightly by it. I watched the press release for these a while back and they described d-pads with two styles, platter like the standard xbox 360 controller and some other name for the other style which only lets you press in four directions requiring explicit presses of two directions for diagonal. I thought "Wow, just what I wanted for steam retro games that I play". Okay. That sounds like a commercial but I did think it was novel. When I actually tried the transforming action I just noticed the d-pad becomes raised away from the disc outer part of the d-pad and thought it was scammy. So when actually trying it, the two different modes offer the standard "platter style" and a modified platter style, there is a tactile difference between them but the other mode doesn't prevent pressing the corner just helps to make it more difficult to accidentally press multiple directions when pressing multiple directions isn't wanted. Small win, the color is amazing and I needed a fourth controller anyway.
on January 9, 2014
So I happen to love the color red. This chrome red controller is awesome. The only thing I am a little ticked about is that the bottom half of the shell is black and not the same red crome as the top half. Thats ok because I will be swapping out some pieces to make myself an iron man controller real soon. Red Chrome and gold with blue guide button lights. I can't wait to get all my parts. This thing looks great as is out of the box but and has a wonderful smooth feel on the top half of the controller shell. It linked up to xbox quickly and works like a charm.
on December 26, 2013
This has a different feel to it than some of the Xbox 360 controllers. This one feels slick on top compared to the other controllers. The top is red and the bottom of it is black and the bottom has the feel of the original black controllers. All the buttons and pads work good on it. Two batteries are included with the controller.

When I ordered it I wondered if I was going to end up being disappointed but since I've received it, I'm glad I did order it.

Seems to be put together well and functions as well as any of the other controllers.

If any issues do occur, I will leave an update to this review.
on March 7, 2016
i love the chrome colors, but these controller do not seem to be as sturdily constructed as their mass earlier 360 peers.

When i get really ticked off at lagg i have a tendency to squeeze and twist the controller in my fists. Unfortunately i fell like i could break this thing by just doing that if i didn't apply some restraint to my anger.

The biggest con to these things is that they squeak! yes! they squeak! On the red one we got it the left trigger squeaks as you pull it, and on the blue one its the left thumbstick.

The squeaking drives me bananas!
on December 10, 2012
works just like its suposed to and its a change from the usual xbox controller.. looking forward to getting the blue controller in the chrome collection
on August 9, 2017
My son asked for this for Christmas and he absolutely loved it!
on October 23, 2015
Looks sick, feels beautiful, really awesome. However, if you have sweaty palms, slippage may be a problem, the chrome gets wet from sweat, it gets slippy, not sticky like the original matte one. Really great
on November 4, 2013
Awesome Controler, feels Great after long playing times. The Tuneable D pad is also a nice touch, I have played at least 60 hours with this and no problems at all.
on November 28, 2012
I bought this controller for my daughter and she loves it! The only complaint I have is the finish of the controller makes your hands sweat bad after very little play.