Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on March 23, 2013
It happens- my last nifty Limited Edition non-chrome Red 360 controller just 'wore out'. It still technically 'works', but if you've been in a similar situation, you know what I mean.

Enter the Chrome Red 360 controller. I know what you're thinking- 'WILL THIS THING MAKE MY HANDS SWEAT?" Well, as people are different regarding perspiration, I can only speak of my experiences. In my case, I noticed a different, smoother feel, but after about 20 hours of use, I actually prefer the feel of this controller in comparison to the standard 'texturized' controller. The thing never slipped or shot out of my hands due to sweat in the heat of battle.

As far as looks, it's the coolest looking 360 controller I've had- I never really wanted a modded controller and was always nervous about buying one of those colored/chrome style shells, so for Microsoft to go ahead and make a cool chromed version in my favorite color was pretty sweet. Red and shiny with no imperfections, the bottom is black and textured, like a standard 360 controller. The d-pad is also chrome (silver).

The unit comes with a standard AA Battery Pack and 2 Batteries- I certainly recommend either using a play-and-charge kit or using rechargeable batteries. The buttons, sticks, and input for the headset all worked and felt as they should.

My one fault with the product was its price- any 360 controller over $60 should come with a play and charge kit, no matter the color or 'limited edition' status in my opinion.
45 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 26, 2013
This has a different feel to it than some of the Xbox 360 controllers. This one feels slick on top compared to the other controllers. The top is red and the bottom of it is black and the bottom has the feel of the original black controllers. All the buttons and pads work good on it. Two batteries are included with the controller.

When I ordered it I wondered if I was going to end up being disappointed but since I've received it, I'm glad I did order it.

Seems to be put together well and functions as well as any of the other controllers.

If any issues do occur, I will leave an update to this review.
3 people found this helpful
on March 7, 2016
i love the chrome colors, but these controller do not seem to be as sturdily constructed as their mass earlier 360 peers.

When i get really ticked off at lagg i have a tendency to squeeze and twist the controller in my fists. Unfortunately i fell like i could break this thing by just doing that if i didn't apply some restraint to my anger.

The biggest con to these things is that they squeak! yes! they squeak! On the red one we got it the left trigger squeaks as you pull it, and on the blue one its the left thumbstick.

The squeaking drives me bananas!
on April 11, 2015
The limited edition controller has updated sticks, similar to what was released with the XBox One.

Also, the D-pad can be turned and twisted between 4- and 8-way controls. This is probably my
favorite feature. The red chrome doesn't hurt either; it's very smooth and slightly slick.

I've played at least a hundred hours on this controller and everything still feels great. There's no
issues with buttons sticking or the chrome itself fading or mottling.
on January 9, 2014
So I happen to love the color red. This chrome red controller is awesome. The only thing I am a little ticked about is that the bottom half of the shell is black and not the same red crome as the top half. Thats ok because I will be swapping out some pieces to make myself an iron man controller real soon. Red Chrome and gold with blue guide button lights. I can't wait to get all my parts. This thing looks great as is out of the box but and has a wonderful smooth feel on the top half of the controller shell. It linked up to xbox quickly and works like a charm.
on August 28, 2014
What's to say - it's red...shiny....and controls my Xbox as intended.

In all seriousness, it is a nice controller - seems to be shaped like the smaller black controllers but closer in size to the larger white ones (I have both). The adjustable D-pad is a neat feature although I haven't used it extensively with the games I'm currently playing.

Yes the chrome will show fingerprints if you're OCD about that (I'm not) and while I knew prior to purchase that the red color was not on the bottom side, it would have been nice to have some on maybe the middle, non-grip parts. A little bit of a cut corner for a high-end OEM item but not a deal-breaker.

It gets four stars because after a few months, one side of the chrome has developed a dull texture, almost like the chrome is deteriorating. It won't wash off or rub/buff smooth either. As an adult, I take care of things and this is "my" controller and my kids use the other ones so I can't atttribute this to any sort of mistreatment.
on December 10, 2012
works just like its suposed to and its a change from the usual xbox controller.. looking forward to getting the blue controller in the chrome collection
11 people found this helpful
on January 4, 2015
It's a great item. Trouble is, I can't figure out how to get it to work. The Xbox 360 says a second player can join the game anytime but so far no luck. My granddaughter is not happy. The green light comes on but won't allow her to participate. I'm sure it's because I'm not doing something right. Not a gamer so it makes it tough to guide a child. :(
on April 8, 2015
This is a fantastic controller for the Xbox 360 console. It is solidly constructed, and very accurate and responsive in game play. It connects super fast, and it comes with one new Duracell battery. Easy to clean and it feels good in the hands. I am sure it is my new favorite controller for the Xbox 360. I would recommend this item!
on April 12, 2015
Nice controller, is as described.update........seal was broken when i bought it kid cleaned it up good didnt say anything at first but now...i dont care..... used it for a month then white powder was all over the right analog...dont waste your money on this scam.these kids or ppl are desperate Apparently.some ppl are pathetic.....
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.