Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Xbox 360 Power Pak - Black
Size: Single - Xbox|Change

on January 2, 2011
I bought the white version of this battery awhile back with Nyko's version of the play and charge kit, and it charged and worked just fine for a very long time. But then the battery started to resist a charge, until eventually the light would just turn green and I'd have to play with it plugged in.

But recently I found out that all these kinds of batteries (including Microsoft's) will not want to charge at some point. When this happens you need to plug the play and charge kit in until the light turns green after a few seconds, unplug it, and plug it back in. If you repeat this process usually after a few tries, although it varies and might take more, it will start to charge again. You're forcing the battery to charge a bit at a time, until it builds up enough of a charge to finish charging completely.

So to sum it all up, this battery works very well, you just need to know the trick.
1414 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 2, 2017
Nyko xbox power pak is junk........

In my opinion it is nothing but Junk!!!
It does not fit real tight into the slot to begin with. It jiggles a little.
Does not hold a charge. the charger will charge it for about 5 - 10 minutes,
I put it into the wireless 360 controller and right off the bat my green lights are swirling around
then i repeat process......same thing........repeat process......same thing.
you only have like a week to return it and by the time i received it and finally got to try it out, well........the week was over.
Can't believe that it has come to where companies don't take pride in their products any more. All they do is put out crap and take our money!
on February 22, 2016
They fit official Xbox 360 controllers with no issue, but they aren't very friendly with the quick charge station (the one that holds 2 batteries). To even get them to start charging, I had to pop in an official battery on one side then it would pick up this battery. Then it took popping the other battery in and out a bunch of times for it to start charging.

I thought maybe it was an issue with my charger, so I used my other one, same issue. I guess for $8 it's hard to complain too much.
on May 31, 2013
These are a bit costly but cheaper than anywhere else I looked, it beats having to pay to replace batteries,I can say that for it.
A friend sold me the doc so I had to get the batteries apparently the one's that came with the doc had gone bad.
You will get a lot more bang for your buck if you buy the dock with the batteries but either way it does keep you drom having to keep replacing batteries the conventional way I suppose.
on July 18, 2014
Such a saver on batteries. I think we have saved over hundreds of dollars by not having to buy batteries. They charge quick and last for a long time. My son plays video games for hours in a day and he doesn't need to charge up the battery until two weeks into playing.
on August 24, 2017
These things sat in the package for a couple years. I opened them, and tried to charge them. Left each plugged in for 24 hours. Neither of them hold a charge for more than 30 seconds. Disappointing.
on April 18, 2017
didn't work with our Xbox
on November 8, 2012
The power pak works very well. It fit into my xbox 360 controller with no problem and holds a nice charge. It recharges easily and relatively quickly also.
on December 24, 2017
worked as long as i was using my x-box
on April 15, 2010
Comparable to the rechargeable batteries sold by Microsoft.

Fits fine in both the controller and the charging station I have. The battery play time is just about the same as the official Microsoft Rechargeable batteries.

EDIT: APRIL 2011 (1 yr after using product)

This battery still holds a charge as well as my official "Microsoft" rechargeable batteries. When I bought this battery, I bought a brand new "Microsoft" battery as well and have been switching back and forth using each one until they die as a test against this unit's capacity. I will never buy another Microsoft battery again when presented with choosing this battery or an "official" one.

In retrospect, the only con about this battery is that it doesn't sit "flush" with the back of the controller. I figure that since the majority of my time spent using this battery involves me looking at a screen, and not the controller, this is so minor as to not affect my future purchasing decisions in a negative way.

EDIT: APRIL 2012 (2 years after using product)

Sadly, my NYKO battery refuses to hold a charge after many hours of providing the much needed sustenance my controller requires in order to carry out my commands via button input.

In reference to my test of this battery's capacity against a "Microsoft Brand", the Microsoft battery still holds a charge (although a very diminished reserve that requires a recharge every 3-5 days when I spend a few hours gaming each day).

When I wrote my original review, Microsoft Batteries were nearly double the price of this 3rd party battery. I hold to my original review that NYKO made an excellent and cost-effective product, but grudgingly acknowledge that the Microsoft brand battery outlived (and essentially outperformed) the NYKO in tests of longevity.

In short, if you can find a good deal on an official battery, go for it. Otherwise you can expect to get your money's worth on a NYKO.
99 comments| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse