Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Size: Single - Xbox|Change

Showing 1-10 of 452 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 498 reviews
on April 15, 2010
Comparable to the rechargeable batteries sold by Microsoft.

Fits fine in both the controller and the charging station I have. The battery play time is just about the same as the official Microsoft Rechargeable batteries.

EDIT: APRIL 2011 (1 yr after using product)

This battery still holds a charge as well as my official "Microsoft" rechargeable batteries. When I bought this battery, I bought a brand new "Microsoft" battery as well and have been switching back and forth using each one until they die as a test against this unit's capacity. I will never buy another Microsoft battery again when presented with choosing this battery or an "official" one.

In retrospect, the only con about this battery is that it doesn't sit "flush" with the back of the controller. I figure that since the majority of my time spent using this battery involves me looking at a screen, and not the controller, this is so minor as to not affect my future purchasing decisions in a negative way.

EDIT: APRIL 2012 (2 years after using product)

Sadly, my NYKO battery refuses to hold a charge after many hours of providing the much needed sustenance my controller requires in order to carry out my commands via button input.

In reference to my test of this battery's capacity against a "Microsoft Brand", the Microsoft battery still holds a charge (although a very diminished reserve that requires a recharge every 3-5 days when I spend a few hours gaming each day).

When I wrote my original review, Microsoft Batteries were nearly double the price of this 3rd party battery. I hold to my original review that NYKO made an excellent and cost-effective product, but grudgingly acknowledge that the Microsoft brand battery outlived (and essentially outperformed) the NYKO in tests of longevity.

In short, if you can find a good deal on an official battery, go for it. Otherwise you can expect to get your money's worth on a NYKO.
99 comments| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2017
These things are junk. Save yourself some grief and buy the AA shells and a box of AmazonBasics AAs instead. I bought two of these about half a year ago and only one of them works now. Most of the time the "dead" battery doesn't register in the controller or Microsoft charging base. When it does register in the base it says it's charged after only a few minutes and then dies just as quickly in the controller. The battery that does work doesn't hold a charge for very long. It's being used in a spare controller and every time I pick up it up it's nearly dead. I've tried multiple controllers and still yield the same results. Btw, I'm not sure why they added pictures of the Xbox One's battery pack but this is the 360's pack.
on February 22, 2016
They fit official Xbox 360 controllers with no issue, but they aren't very friendly with the quick charge station (the one that holds 2 batteries). To even get them to start charging, I had to pop in an official battery on one side then it would pick up this battery. Then it took popping the other battery in and out a bunch of times for it to start charging.

I thought maybe it was an issue with my charger, so I used my other one, same issue. I guess for $8 it's hard to complain too much.
on August 14, 2016
The first set I bought I got about year and half or so before neither would work. So I bought another thinking I'd get the same but no luck. About 9 months and it's down to lasting about 10 minutes and I have to play plugged in. I'd expect to get a little more life out of these. They pack a heck of a punch when you first get them though.
on August 5, 2011
This battery is as good as the official Microsoft Xbox 360 rechargeable one. It holds a charge as good, if not better, than stock.

It does not look the same as stock, but it does not look bad. I think it is kind of appealing to change up the style of the controller a little.

I have not used it with the Nyko charger, like it is designed for, but I have used it with a play and charge kit as well as with the Energizer Power and Play charging station. It works great with both of those!

I recommend this battery because of the quality and low price compared to an official Microsoft Xbox 360 rechargeable battery.
review image
on May 27, 2013
I ordered several of these with a charger, and saw a drastic decrease in the use of AA's around the house. My kids constantly use their controllers, and have no sense of what the cost or environmental impact is when disposing of them. This is a good buy.
on March 27, 2017
I had to replace my battery to support a new charging stand and got this one. It's working great so far
on March 22, 2017
I have had these for over 6months now and these have been great!
on April 18, 2017
didn't work with our Xbox
on March 15, 2017
These are exactly what I would expect from rechargeable battery packs.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.