Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Size: Single - Xbox|Change

Showing 1-10 of 455 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 501 reviews
on April 15, 2010
Comparable to the rechargeable batteries sold by Microsoft.

Fits fine in both the controller and the charging station I have. The battery play time is just about the same as the official Microsoft Rechargeable batteries.

EDIT: APRIL 2011 (1 yr after using product)

This battery still holds a charge as well as my official "Microsoft" rechargeable batteries. When I bought this battery, I bought a brand new "Microsoft" battery as well and have been switching back and forth using each one until they die as a test against this unit's capacity. I will never buy another Microsoft battery again when presented with choosing this battery or an "official" one.

In retrospect, the only con about this battery is that it doesn't sit "flush" with the back of the controller. I figure that since the majority of my time spent using this battery involves me looking at a screen, and not the controller, this is so minor as to not affect my future purchasing decisions in a negative way.

EDIT: APRIL 2012 (2 years after using product)

Sadly, my NYKO battery refuses to hold a charge after many hours of providing the much needed sustenance my controller requires in order to carry out my commands via button input.

In reference to my test of this battery's capacity against a "Microsoft Brand", the Microsoft battery still holds a charge (although a very diminished reserve that requires a recharge every 3-5 days when I spend a few hours gaming each day).

When I wrote my original review, Microsoft Batteries were nearly double the price of this 3rd party battery. I hold to my original review that NYKO made an excellent and cost-effective product, but grudgingly acknowledge that the Microsoft brand battery outlived (and essentially outperformed) the NYKO in tests of longevity.

In short, if you can find a good deal on an official battery, go for it. Otherwise you can expect to get your money's worth on a NYKO.
99 comments| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2017
These things are junk. Save yourself some grief and buy the AA shells and a box of AmazonBasics AAs instead. I bought two of these about half a year ago and only one of them works now. Most of the time the "dead" battery doesn't register in the controller or Microsoft charging base. When it does register in the base it says it's charged after only a few minutes and then dies just as quickly in the controller. The battery that does work doesn't hold a charge for very long. It's being used in a spare controller and every time I pick up it up it's nearly dead. I've tried multiple controllers and still yield the same results. Btw, I'm not sure why they added pictures of the Xbox One's battery pack but this is the 360's pack.
on May 2, 2017
Nyko xbox power pak is junk........

In my opinion it is nothing but Junk!!!
It does not fit real tight into the slot to begin with. It jiggles a little.
Does not hold a charge. the charger will charge it for about 5 - 10 minutes,
I put it into the wireless 360 controller and right off the bat my green lights are swirling around
then i repeat process......same thing........repeat process......same thing.
you only have like a week to return it and by the time i received it and finally got to try it out, well........the week was over.
Can't believe that it has come to where companies don't take pride in their products any more. All they do is put out crap and take our money!
on February 22, 2016
They fit official Xbox 360 controllers with no issue, but they aren't very friendly with the quick charge station (the one that holds 2 batteries). To even get them to start charging, I had to pop in an official battery on one side then it would pick up this battery. Then it took popping the other battery in and out a bunch of times for it to start charging.

I thought maybe it was an issue with my charger, so I used my other one, same issue. I guess for $8 it's hard to complain too much.
on August 14, 2016
The first set I bought I got about year and half or so before neither would work. So I bought another thinking I'd get the same but no luck. About 9 months and it's down to lasting about 10 minutes and I have to play plugged in. I'd expect to get a little more life out of these. They pack a heck of a punch when you first get them though.
on December 22, 2015
I know these are cheap replacements and seem nice, however, I've had issues with both the ones I've purchased to replace my factory ones. They get to a point where they will no longer charge in the docking station. I've searched online and have found there is a fix that usually works, where you drain the connectors with a paper clip and then reset them, but I've tried that countless times with one of mine and it still won't charge. Thankfully the other one will, but now can't play two player games. The worst part is the 30 day replacement period has passed. So, 3 months of life from one replacement. If Nkyo replaced this, might just be a dud, I'd be pleased Next time I might spend the extra money and buy a Microsoft factory replacement.
on January 18, 2016
I had bought one of these (white one) 5 years ago and it lasted that long. I saw all the reviews stating not to buy this and I figured I would take the risk. Thinking that every single one of them cannot be bad. Well, I should have not ordered this. From the moment you open the package and feel the weight of this thing its clear that this is a rip off product. Lithium ion or even 2 double AA rechargeable batteries weighs more than this. If this thing didn't charge I would have though it was just a empty plastic container. My old white one weighed considerably more than this.

Charges in minutes and loses its in minutes. Its not even worth the hassle to return or go through warranty.
Do not buy!
on July 18, 2012
This battery/power pack is for this: Nyko Charge Base 360 S for Xbox 360 and it works as advertised. The battery pack retains its charge for about a month without use, after that you must place it on the Nyko charge base.

I can get about 18 hours of play time on one charge. I've been using these batteries (I own 4) for about 3 years now. I started with the first generation of Nyko chargers and batteries and will continue to use them as long as I own a console and controllers. I even use one of these for my Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows

Note about Nyko, from personal experience, they have an outstanding customer service, I have dealt with them numerous times, since I own chargers and batteries for my Wii, PS3, 3DS, PSMove and of course, the 360. And every time I had an issue or needed assistance with one of their products, I simply call or e-mail and get a response within 24 hours. I am a loyal customer and you will not regret buying this or any other product. (except the Vita speaker cradle, that one sucked)
on December 7, 2015
The power pack arrived on time and functioned properly for a few hours. The battery pack was left in my XBOX360 controller for a few days, and upon returning to use the controller again the battery was completely dead. I charged the battery pack using my official Microsoft charging station, and it fails to charge properly. When I plug it into the charge station it doesn't even light up as if it was charging anymore. I have existing battery packs that work in the controller and charger, so the only problem is this Nyko power pak.

Incredibly disappointed and am now stuck with a product that doesn't even work.
on September 3, 2015
Bought this nearly two years ago and it has held up quite nicely. Right out of the box, it performed just as well as an Xbox 360 OEM battery, if not better. Today, it's still doing well and hasn't fallen off much in the amount of charge it can hold. Granted, we purchased an Xbox One last year, so the Xbox 360 controllers aren't used as often. Still, it's a great value for the price, even if normal use would have had me wanting to replace it by now.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.