Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,482 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,564 reviews
on April 23, 2012
Received my purchase quickly and it works good. Doesn't charge as fast as name brand by Microsoft, but still gets a good charge in (The batteries may have charged slow because its first charge). I bought this to upgrade from the charge cable, which will fry your batteries or not charge correctly. Not at all disappointed. But hey, whos knows of the future? I'll update this review if anything happens.

It doesn't seem to have happened yet and hopefully it wont, but the last time i stuck a Nyko battery in a charging station it done went and melted. Be wary...

Addition: Did some really crappy math for the battery life, They should and seem to last about 8.5 to 9.6 hours. 2400mAh ÷ 250mA = 9.6 hours
However, not being name brand and made with cheaper materials. I would assume the total lifespan is much shorter than name brand. Maybe we will pay more in the long run?

UPDATE 10/16/2012: Just wanted to update this while im on amazon looking at my amazing and yet sloppy reviews. This product is still working very well, absolutely no problems what so ever. I was right about the battery life as well. They last 9 Hours. Technically 7 - 8 considering this is the time your controller does the really annoying blinking and your like "F&@! it! Ill change the battery!" But everything is great, my batteries are allows charged and i actually like it better than name brand. Note: Better than Name Brand.
33 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2013
UPDATE: Just now, 2-1/2 years later, I had to purchase another set of these because the kids repeatedly shut the cord to the charging station in a drawer and caused a cut in the cord, exposing the wires, and we were afraid to use the charging station. The batteries were still going strong, the charging station still worked perfectly. I lucked up and found the exact same seller & product, and just bought our 2nd set, and so far so good -- I don't expect that I will be disappointed. You can't beat this product...great price, and even with the kids sometimes playing for a good 8+ hours a day, and batteries still working after 2.5 years -- I highly recommend these!!

I've had these well over a month now. I'm a decent gamer, playing most days 2-3 hours myself, with kids that play probably another 2 hours per day. That being said, I was nervous about buying these, as people in other reviews said they didn't hold a charge.

Maybe they got a faulty set? Or didn't operate them properly?

Because MY set works great -- with a playing time average of approx. 5 hours per day, probably 4-5 days per week, I have to charge them maybe once a week? And once they start getting low, they'll shut off your controller before they're TOTALLY dead - they'll shut off, and you can power the controller back on really quick and play probably another 15 minutes (i.e., finish another round of zombies!!) before they totally die & turn off your controller.

DEFINTELY worth the price -- I might buy another set for another controller!
on May 9, 2014
With this its made gaming on my Xbox so much easier without having to buy any batteries in a while. The only cons is the battery packs are easy to become disconnected, resulting in the controller turning off due to a lack of power. And they don't hold charge for as long as normal batteries would. If you are a serious gamer who yells and throws his or her controller on the floor when you get sniped by the worst player on the enemy team, then don't get these because they will just make your controller turn off.
on March 23, 2013
I made several mistakes with these. They say they are Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Packs so I assumed they were Microsoft authorized. They are not. These are Xbox 360 compatible battery packs. I looked at the picture and assumed that they were black, they are not. I received these in white and when I look at the ad it doesn't give an option for white or black. The batteries do work once you figure out how to get them to stay in the charging base (this is why I did give them 2 starts). they do not fit well and I have a feeling that it won't be long until I have to come up with another method to secure them.
on March 11, 2017
Battery life is approximately 3 hours from what I've experienced. Overall works fine. Does not work with the battery chargers that connect directly to the controller. Has to charge in the dock it comes with. No biggie.
on August 4, 2016
It charges the packs pretty quick but one of the packs didn't work. The one that did work held the battery for almost a week before having to recharge it.
on April 4, 2017
Charging station is touchy. Have to adjust the battery in the charger to get the red light to stay on initially, then don't touch it. Batteries hold charge just okay compared to others.
on August 28, 2016
Horrible. Unpacked and charged and NEITHER of the two packs would power up a controller and I tried it on all 4 of my controllers. Returning and will not buy this brand in the future!
on September 8, 2013
I needed a charger for a pair of controllers I got from CD Tradepost. I assumed they were the kind that took AA batteries, but when I got home, I discovered they were the charger packs. I went back to CD Tradepost to get a charging station, but their's were WAY too expensive. I thought to myself, "I'll bet I can find it cheaper on Amazon." Turns out, I was right.

The charger works with the higher quality battery packs I have. The battery packs it comes with, however, are not as good. They really only last a few hours. I think I got about 6 hours of game time before they needed swapped again.

In short, it's a good buy if you really only need a charger and *maybe* a backup battery pack or two.
on July 14, 2016
I tore mine apart and didn't find anything unsual besides the fact one battery in the pack doesnt get charged while the other does.