Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 1,482 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,564 reviews
on April 28, 2013
UPDATE: Just now, 2-1/2 years later, I had to purchase another set of these because the kids repeatedly shut the cord to the charging station in a drawer and caused a cut in the cord, exposing the wires, and we were afraid to use the charging station. The batteries were still going strong, the charging station still worked perfectly. I lucked up and found the exact same seller & product, and just bought our 2nd set, and so far so good -- I don't expect that I will be disappointed. You can't beat this product...great price, and even with the kids sometimes playing for a good 8+ hours a day, and batteries still working after 2.5 years -- I highly recommend these!!

I've had these well over a month now. I'm a decent gamer, playing most days 2-3 hours myself, with kids that play probably another 2 hours per day. That being said, I was nervous about buying these, as people in other reviews said they didn't hold a charge.

Maybe they got a faulty set? Or didn't operate them properly?

Because MY set works great -- with a playing time average of approx. 5 hours per day, probably 4-5 days per week, I have to charge them maybe once a week? And once they start getting low, they'll shut off your controller before they're TOTALLY dead - they'll shut off, and you can power the controller back on really quick and play probably another 15 minutes (i.e., finish another round of zombies!!) before they totally die & turn off your controller.

DEFINTELY worth the price -- I might buy another set for another controller!
on January 16, 2016
This review is divided into 2 categories: (1) Batteries; and (2) Charging base and power cord.

Batteries: No stars / 5
Charging Base and Power Cord: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5
Overall: ⭐️⭐️ / 5

(1) Batteries | Rating: No stars / 5
In my opinion, the batteries were useless. They arrived with no charge (which is not rare; just annoying). When I inserted them into the charging base, they both registered green indicator lights (which indicate a fully-charged battery. I still left them in for approx. 4 hours, and tested them both in my controller. The controller did not power on for either.

With this, either the batteries held no charge or they had some defect preventing sufficient connection to the charging base. Basically, these two batteries were worthless.

Charging Base and Power Cord | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5

In spite of the included batteries clearly being defective, I put the two different batteries (that I had purchased previously) into the charging base. Before doing so, I verified that neither batteries had any juice. Less than an hour later, the green indicator on the charging base became lit, Indicating a full charge. I then tried in my controllers both controllers indicated a full charge.

It did not get five stars because it was possible that the included batteries did not charge because of a defect in the charging base
on March 18, 2016
I play way too much... or not enough as I have free time between eating and bio breaks. Anywho, I could go through batteries like someone with OCD goes through purell. I have much better things to put my batteries in! Oh behave. I love that I can be working on draining one rechargeable set whilst searching for diamond ore to accidentaly use making hoes when at the bottom of a pit surrounded by lava and have the other set charging just ready for my quick ninja like battery switching skills to be executed... no skeleton will get the better of me during this typicaly vulnerable transition period for gamers!

Great product. Great buy. Great gaming.
on January 28, 2015
When I first received this product, everything worked fine! However over the course of about 10 months of gaming, problems started to occur. I don't know if it was my lack of care for the product, but after 11 months or so, the product just completely stopped working.

While the batteries themselves never had real problems (besides how long they'd last, but I didn't consider this a problem until later), the station did. Here are some of the problems I ran into over the course of owning this rechargeable station:

- The cable provided (the one that plugs into the wall, providing power) had a copper lining in the part that needed to be inserted into the station, and it fell out its place! Could have been fixed, of course, but I took the easy route and used the part of my PSP charger that plugs into the wall as my replacement cable. It worked fine after that!

- One side of the charging station half way through my use just completely broke. The little copper (or whatever it is) part that is used for securing the batteries' charge just came loose (I honestly don't remember what happened).

- This wasn't a big problem in the beginning, but eventually the overall battery life given from a FULL 3 DAYS charge would only last a full 2 hours of gaming. Became beyond annoying. This whole problem might have happened in the beginning, but since I had two fully operational sides before this time, I had plenty of charging going on - simply didn't notice it, I guess. Also, the fact I started using a PSP charger part instead of the provided cable could have contributed to this problem.

- Finally, one day the entire station wouldn't charge anything. Lights didn't turn on at all, nothing. Towards this product's last month of existence, it was a gaming hell (had to go back to normal batteries)!

While the product worked fine for a while, its life span wasn't what I expected. It might've just been my particular model, PLUS the lack of care for it (I may have been rough putting the batteries in place and plugging in the main cable, but I doubt that was the root of my issues provided above), either way, this product WAS great.

So, just know that this charging station is a little less than adequate when it comes to performance over time. I recommend it, but barely. Who knows, you could easily have a better experience with it than I did. xD
on August 13, 2014
Worked great for about a month then the charger stopped working.
on November 6, 2015
Doesn't even work. Batteries are awkwardly sized so you kinda have to squeeze em into your controller, but they fit for the most part. Main problem was the weird compatibility, one of my controllers couldn't even connect to the xbox and the other one's analogs got glitched so whenever i tried to play a game the camera would automatically spin in a 360 and the character would start to walk in a circle. I tested the controllers with two different sets of batteries and it definitely wasn't the controllers; had something to do with these batteries. Don't waste your money on these batteries that don't even work...
on June 5, 2014
Ok, let's clear something up:

These will NOT work in V1 controllers (the white or black ones with Grey sticks)... I tried them in 4 of these controllers, and all caused the spin cycle in games.

The do however work just fine in the V2 (white and black with black sticks) controllers. I have tested it in 2 of these controllers and both were fine.

I do not have any aftermarket controllers, so if you're buying for those good luck.

A lot of people complain about the fit, they fit just fine in my controllers, and in the charger itself.

Just note that they aren't as "refined" as oem batteries, they feel a little flimsy compared to them, but if you take care of them shouldn't be a problem.

The batteries charged fairly quickly, and didn't get too hot, and i got a full night of play out of the one I used and only lost one bar.

I KNOW it won't charge the V1 batteries, but I can't say about the V2's , as I can't find my oem batteries. But will update it if I do.

I knocked off a star for general workmanship (little rough around the edges.), and because no mention that these batteries will only work with 2nd generation "S" controllers.

UPDATE: I found the OEM batteries for my 2nd Gen controllers and plugged them into this charger and they both appear to be charging (the charge lights are red).

When I plug the old batteries from the old 360 controllers, they immediately flash green even though I know they are dead. It could be because of their age though.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2016
It charges the packs pretty quick but one of the packs didn't work. The one that did work held the battery for almost a week before having to recharge it.
on March 23, 2015
I don't know what I was doing before this!!!!

With this kit, you don't ever have to worry about having a dead battery anymore.

I used this recharger to revive some older official change and play battery packs that I thought were bad because they stopped charging. With that said, I don't have to worry about batteries for my controllers anymore as they are always charged now.

Since I use a powered headset, I don't necessarily like to charge the controller through the Xbox while playing (due to feedback from charging) so it makes it convenient to have several battery packs and an external battery!!! I'm still using it over a year later. Excellent product!
on June 5, 2014
This charger works very well. The charge indicator light is a convenient function of the unit. Although one of the lights doesn't show fully red when charging (it shows kind of red and green at same time), it's not that big of a deal since once fully charged the green led is clear.
Is much nicer to use this rather than the charger that plugs into remote from console and charges. That way works, but more restrictive having to sit closer to unit while playing and charging at same time.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.