Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on March 1, 2014
I clearly made the wrong decision when I went with these rechargeable batteries. I bought this because my charging cable from my 360 remote broke when I inadvertently stepped on it. I was tired of being tethered to the system, anyway, so I thought this purchase would have been a suitable replacement.

The shipping arrived on time; no issues on that end. The issue was with the charging capabilities. While the station did charge the batteries quickly, the charge didn't hold long at all. A solid three hours of use resulted in the charged being drained down to two bars. Another hour of use completely drained it, requiring another charge. The same would happen for the alternate battery. Of course, I am not expecting a charge to last several weeks, but I was changing out these batteries on a daily basis. That's not convenient for me, which is the point of this device, but it's also not good for the batteries with the constant recharging.

I was hoping that I simply got a defective unit and wanted to exchange it with the original seller. Unfortunately, they only allow refunds. At this point, I'll simply look for a different product from a different seller.
on March 23, 2015
I don't know what I was doing before this!!!!

With this kit, you don't ever have to worry about having a dead battery anymore.

I used this recharger to revive some older official change and play battery packs that I thought were bad because they stopped charging. With that said, I don't have to worry about batteries for my controllers anymore as they are always charged now.

Since I use a powered headset, I don't necessarily like to charge the controller through the Xbox while playing (due to feedback from charging) so it makes it convenient to have several battery packs and an external battery!!! I'm still using it over a year later. Excellent product!
on January 7, 2014
I read all the previous reviews and decided to go ahead and purchase.. I haven't had major problems with it, the battery packs sit and click in the cradle and controllers properly. Although there were a few of the charging pins in the cradle that needed a little breaking in, in extending out after removal.. but it did not hinder charging.. I am a little concerned about battery life, I use the xbox more for it A/V capacities and for a few days the controllers were used for remote control [Got the SmartGlass app for my Tablets to do the remote duties] with a few games and the A/V use the life was about 2 days.. Heavy game play was about 7 hours..
One controller has the USB cord, there were no problems charging the controllers with it. over all for the price I hope to get a few years use out of it.. Great Deal...
on December 29, 2013
Bought this for our kids. They play a lot of xbox online and parents only want to spend so much on batteries before it's time to realize investing in charger packs saves money in the long run. The battery charger we had, finally stopped charging after about a decade of use. I like that this one is black (our old one was white). It matches our newer xbox better.
The only grip I have that made me give it four stars is it is very hard to push the battery packs into the charger, compared to our old one. They snapped in very easily with our old one. This one you have to give it a good nudge to get it in there, and even then, it doesn't make the "snap" sound our old one made to reassure you it is in there.
Other than that, works just fine.
on November 6, 2015
Doesn't even work. Batteries are awkwardly sized so you kinda have to squeeze em into your controller, but they fit for the most part. Main problem was the weird compatibility, one of my controllers couldn't even connect to the xbox and the other one's analogs got glitched so whenever i tried to play a game the camera would automatically spin in a 360 and the character would start to walk in a circle. I tested the controllers with two different sets of batteries and it definitely wasn't the controllers; had something to do with these batteries. Don't waste your money on these batteries that don't even work...
Ok, let's clear something up:

These will NOT work in V1 controllers (the white or black ones with Grey sticks)... I tried them in 4 of these controllers, and all caused the spin cycle in games.

The do however work just fine in the V2 (white and black with black sticks) controllers. I have tested it in 2 of these controllers and both were fine.

I do not have any aftermarket controllers, so if you're buying for those good luck.

A lot of people complain about the fit, they fit just fine in my controllers, and in the charger itself.

Just note that they aren't as "refined" as oem batteries, they feel a little flimsy compared to them, but if you take care of them shouldn't be a problem.

The batteries charged fairly quickly, and didn't get too hot, and i got a full night of play out of the one I used and only lost one bar.

I KNOW it won't charge the V1 batteries, but I can't say about the V2's , as I can't find my oem batteries. But will update it if I do.

I knocked off a star for general workmanship (little rough around the edges.), and because no mention that these batteries will only work with 2nd generation "S" controllers.

UPDATE: I found the OEM batteries for my 2nd Gen controllers and plugged them into this charger and they both appear to be charging (the charge lights are red).

When I plug the old batteries from the old 360 controllers, they immediately flash green even though I know they are dead. It could be because of their age though.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 5, 2014
This charger works very well. The charge indicator light is a convenient function of the unit. Although one of the lights doesn't show fully red when charging (it shows kind of red and green at same time), it's not that big of a deal since once fully charged the green led is clear.
Is much nicer to use this rather than the charger that plugs into remote from console and charges. That way works, but more restrictive having to sit closer to unit while playing and charging at same time.
on September 23, 2015
i bought the rechargeable packs for my controllers because the ones I had for years wouldn't hold a charge anymore. I got them in time and everything. These will hold a charge perfectly fine, they just have one small problem. Whenever these battery packs are connected it makes the controller unusable. The controllers react as if you have the both joysticks stuck up all the way to up and to the right. So no matter what you're actually doing, the controller is scrolling or spinning your screen. You absolutely can't use the controller when it is powered by these. If you plug the controller to a wired connection to the Xbox it works fine. I tried them on my 3 controllers and all of my roommates for a total of 9 controllers. Not one worked. So we tried them on different xboxes with different controllers. Same deal.
on October 10, 2015
Item arrived on time. I took it out and plugged it up and the lights didn't seem to work properly to let me know they were charging. When I put one of the battery packs in the controller, it wouldn't work. So, I put it back on the charger and tried the other one. It caused my controller to malfunction and I could not get it to work properly. As soon as I removed the battery pack and put in regular AA batteries, the controller started functioning as normal. I barely had the battery pack in my controller for maybe 15 minutes and when I removed it from the controller, it was falling apart. I ordered one of these a couple months ago and the person that received it, seemed to be satisfied so I ordered another one for myself. I will be returning this item and getting something else.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
It charges the packs pretty quick but one of the packs didn't work. The one that did work held the battery for almost a week before having to recharge it.