Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on March 1, 2014
I clearly made the wrong decision when I went with these rechargeable batteries. I bought this because my charging cable from my 360 remote broke when I inadvertently stepped on it. I was tired of being tethered to the system, anyway, so I thought this purchase would have been a suitable replacement.

The shipping arrived on time; no issues on that end. The issue was with the charging capabilities. While the station did charge the batteries quickly, the charge didn't hold long at all. A solid three hours of use resulted in the charged being drained down to two bars. Another hour of use completely drained it, requiring another charge. The same would happen for the alternate battery. Of course, I am not expecting a charge to last several weeks, but I was changing out these batteries on a daily basis. That's not convenient for me, which is the point of this device, but it's also not good for the batteries with the constant recharging.

I was hoping that I simply got a defective unit and wanted to exchange it with the original seller. Unfortunately, they only allow refunds. At this point, I'll simply look for a different product from a different seller.
|0Comment|Report abuse
Ok, let's clear something up:

These will NOT work in V1 controllers (the white or black ones with Grey sticks)... I tried them in 4 of these controllers, and all caused the spin cycle in games.

The do however work just fine in the V2 (white and black with black sticks) controllers. I have tested it in 2 of these controllers and both were fine.

I do not have any aftermarket controllers, so if you're buying for those good luck.

A lot of people complain about the fit, they fit just fine in my controllers, and in the charger itself.

Just note that they aren't as "refined" as oem batteries, they feel a little flimsy compared to them, but if you take care of them shouldn't be a problem.

The batteries charged fairly quickly, and didn't get too hot, and i got a full night of play out of the one I used and only lost one bar.

I KNOW it won't charge the V1 batteries, but I can't say about the V2's , as I can't find my oem batteries. But will update it if I do.

I knocked off a star for general workmanship (little rough around the edges.), and because no mention that these batteries will only work with 2nd generation "S" controllers.

UPDATE: I found the OEM batteries for my 2nd Gen controllers and plugged them into this charger and they both appear to be charging (the charge lights are red).

When I plug the old batteries from the old 360 controllers, they immediately flash green even though I know they are dead. It could be because of their age though.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 28, 2013
UPDATE: Just now, 2-1/2 years later, I had to purchase another set of these because the kids repeatedly shut the cord to the charging station in a drawer and caused a cut in the cord, exposing the wires, and we were afraid to use the charging station. The batteries were still going strong, the charging station still worked perfectly. I lucked up and found the exact same seller & product, and just bought our 2nd set, and so far so good -- I don't expect that I will be disappointed. You can't beat this product...great price, and even with the kids sometimes playing for a good 8+ hours a day, and batteries still working after 2.5 years -- I highly recommend these!!

I've had these well over a month now. I'm a decent gamer, playing most days 2-3 hours myself, with kids that play probably another 2 hours per day. That being said, I was nervous about buying these, as people in other reviews said they didn't hold a charge.

Maybe they got a faulty set? Or didn't operate them properly?

Because MY set works great -- with a playing time average of approx. 5 hours per day, probably 4-5 days per week, I have to charge them maybe once a week? And once they start getting low, they'll shut off your controller before they're TOTALLY dead - they'll shut off, and you can power the controller back on really quick and play probably another 15 minutes (i.e., finish another round of zombies!!) before they totally die & turn off your controller.

DEFINTELY worth the price -- I might buy another set for another controller!
on July 17, 2017
it worked for a while...still does if you fiddle with it, but you get what you pay for in this case.
THe batteries don't always charge unless you clean the contacts...like constantly...or reseat them or squeeze them just right in the charger.
it works ok for what I paid, but should have just ponied up for something better, I have a Nykon charger now that I'm much happier with.
on February 2, 2014
I bought two of these units for my boy's, and I have saved quite a bot of money on batteries. Prior to buying the rechargeable batteries and charging station it was not unusual for me to need a AA battery every once in a great while, and open the battery drawer only to find it bare, completely wiped out. I asked my boy's on an occasion or two if they were handing out batteries to their friends, selling them on the street for extra money, maybe even mistaking batteries for a snack food, or perhaps in the middle of the night someone entered the house and stole all the batteries ( pure sarcasm here). In the end this charger and the batteries has saved me from; giving endless lectures on leaving electronics ON when not in use, the cost of constantly buying batteries and now there are batteries in the drawer when I need them. The boys do use the charging station, and I did not have to even lecture them on that! Price of this product was a great deal, and thus far the quality is great as well.
on April 6, 2013
As another reviewer noted, these batteries do NOT last long. The batteries that my controllers came with lasted weeks with all day sessions on the weekends. These new batteries last about one day of gaming each so I am glad it came with two because I find myself switching back and forth constantly to stay wireless. Another 'weird' glitch that I don't understand is that when one battery fails and I have to switch to the other battery, I have to 'resync' the controller. At first, I turn the controller on after the swap and circle, circle, circle, no go... I really don't understand this because it does not happen with either the orginal rechargeable batteries, nicad batteries, or even one of the two that came in the pack. I haven't complained to Microsoft or gone on any forums to see if anyone else has ever had a battery cause this issue but either way my attitude here is you get what you pay for and in this case that means a cheap set of batteries. I will most likely purchase real batteries from another vendor and perhaps at least still get some value out of the charger. I will update this review in regard to how well the charger works with better batteries once this is done.
on March 23, 2015
I don't know what I was doing before this!!!!

With this kit, you don't ever have to worry about having a dead battery anymore.

I used this recharger to revive some older official change and play battery packs that I thought were bad because they stopped charging. With that said, I don't have to worry about batteries for my controllers anymore as they are always charged now.

Since I use a powered headset, I don't necessarily like to charge the controller through the Xbox while playing (due to feedback from charging) so it makes it convenient to have several battery packs and an external battery!!! I'm still using it over a year later. Excellent product!
on October 10, 2015
Item arrived on time. I took it out and plugged it up and the lights didn't seem to work properly to let me know they were charging. When I put one of the battery packs in the controller, it wouldn't work. So, I put it back on the charger and tried the other one. It caused my controller to malfunction and I could not get it to work properly. As soon as I removed the battery pack and put in regular AA batteries, the controller started functioning as normal. I barely had the battery pack in my controller for maybe 15 minutes and when I removed it from the controller, it was falling apart. I ordered one of these a couple months ago and the person that received it, seemed to be satisfied so I ordered another one for myself. I will be returning this item and getting something else.
on January 16, 2016
This review is divided into 2 categories: (1) Batteries; and (2) Charging base and power cord.

Batteries: No stars / 5
Charging Base and Power Cord: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5
Overall: ⭐️⭐️ / 5

(1) Batteries | Rating: No stars / 5
In my opinion, the batteries were useless. They arrived with no charge (which is not rare; just annoying). When I inserted them into the charging base, they both registered green indicator lights (which indicate a fully-charged battery. I still left them in for approx. 4 hours, and tested them both in my controller. The controller did not power on for either.

With this, either the batteries held no charge or they had some defect preventing sufficient connection to the charging base. Basically, these two batteries were worthless.

Charging Base and Power Cord | ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5

In spite of the included batteries clearly being defective, I put the two different batteries (that I had purchased previously) into the charging base. Before doing so, I verified that neither batteries had any juice. Less than an hour later, the green indicator on the charging base became lit, Indicating a full charge. I then tried in my controllers both controllers indicated a full charge.

It did not get five stars because it was possible that the included batteries did not charge because of a defect in the charging base
on April 25, 2015
I bought two of these kits. Charged the batteries. Started gaming. Each charge lasts less than 90 minutes. I have used each battery several charging cycles. The life time of each charge has not improved. I bought these to replace my old Microsoft OE battery packs that are 7 years old. My old OE batteries are currently better than these cheap paperweights. There is absolutely NO chance these things store 2400mah of energy. Heck, I doubt they store half that.