Beauty Books with Buzz Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black
Size: 8.10in. x 6.80in. x 2.50in.|Change

on September 6, 2015
The controller i received was a generic knock off and possibly refurbished or used. There were no X Box logos on it at all.
review imagereview image
47 people found this helpful
on February 11, 2015
I feel like I'm late to everything that's new in tech, but I recently got a Xbox 360 Bundle that includes this black wireless controller. I had some doubts about the efficiency of the wireless controller, but I've been pleased with it so far.

I initially had these quick thoughts... How long will the battery last? Will I experience lagging all the time? Lag is the most frustrating thing, and we all know it. I have a wireless controller for another system that has always given me problems, thus my reservations about Xbox 360. But fear not, prospective buyer, because Xbox 360 is awesome.

The battery is advertised as having 40 hours of life. That's plenty of life for a couple of AA batteries, and frankly I expected less. Being that I've had the Xbox 360 for just awhile, I'm approaching 40 hours of controller usage and haven't experienced any issues. The time will soon come, but I'm happy with the amount of playing time I've got from a couple AAs. Plus, no tangled wires or tugging at the console.

The controller also has a 30-foot range. I haven't needed to be 30 feet away from the console, but it works just fine from the opposite end of a typical living room. Maybe in some fantasy when I live in a mansion with an auditorium for a game room I'll truly be able to test out the range.

As for the feel in my hands, it's one of the more comfortable and ergonomic controllers I've ever held. I'm seriously considering buying more wireless controllers rather than wired ones. Check out the gold chrome design if you feel like royalty.
160 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on July 21, 2016
Purchased from Direct Distrubuter. One controller didn't even power on. The other controls were kinda sticky and there was corrosion on the battery pack by the terminals. Definitely not "good" condition.
40 people found this helpful
on September 19, 2017
My review appears to have been removed so here it is again.

The batteries get stuck in and other reviews note that the batteries usually last about 10 hours. Being unable to remove the batteries without a pair of pliers is problem enough alone for this to get one star. I don't want to have to risk breaking the controller battery bay every time I want to replace the batteries.

On top of that, this does not work. I tried this on three devices. Two computers and one Actual Xbox (yes I saw the note that it does not work with an Xbox)
4 people found this helpful
on January 16, 2016
This is a factory wireless Microsoft Xbox 360 controller, and as such should be familiar to anyone who has an Xbox 360.

It doesn't work out of the box until you pair it to your Xbox 360 by simultaneously pressing the sync buttons on both the console and the controller. The sync button on the controller is a tiny, almost-unnoticeable button on the front of the controller, by the socket, between the (LB) and (RB) shoulder buttons. The console sync button is on the front of the console; on my 360 Slim it's a subtle button beside the memory card slot. More information can be found on support.xbox.com.

I haven't used the Xbox 360 controller this way, but apparently with the help of the wireless gaming receiver ( Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows ) this controller can be attached to a Windows or Linux PC for gaming. Another option for PC gaming is Valve's Steam Controller, but that one uses a cutting-edge new dual-trackpad arrangement instead of sticks, and requires a bit of getting used to in my experience.
5 people found this helpful
Top Contributor: Watcheson January 26, 2016
Boring stuff first:

The product(s) arrived on time, as described by Amazon & manufacturer, it was shipped without issue, arrived within prescribed estimates, the packaging was undamaged, and the product itself was unmolested and made with quality materials. Description, photograph, website presentation, and what arrived are the same-size, shape, color, and it matched my expectations.

Great controllers, very responsive even when the power is low, durable (I've gotten mad and thrown one a short distance (I'm a 48yo baby when it comes to all the freaking games my 12yo can beat me at), and charge time is quick. Batteries last a long time and we've had fun using them in conjunction with the double stack Energizer charging station (Amazon offers it). Pretty good range as well, I was in the kitchen, essentially behind a wall and behind the gaming console and it still worked very well - going to the second floor, not so much. Odd I know, I check these things out.
3 people found this helpful
on April 8, 2017
This is the second controller I've received after shipping the first one back to Amazon as clearly defective. They come in the correct retail packaging, and are clearly new, but man has quality control gone out the window.

The first one I received had an oily film all over the housing that made my hands itch (creepy) and the D-PAD down and right directions only registered half the time and made a clicky noise when I pressed them.

The second one I received is sans oily allergic film this time, but the directional pad still makes the clicky noise when pressing down and right directions. (This does not happen on my two other 360 gamepads). On this one the down direction only works 75% of the time. Since it's only one part of the controller, and it still works pretty well, I'll give it a 3/5.

I wonder if Microsoft changed OEMs recently? Either way, I can't help feel like this is some way to get Windows users to buy the new Xbox One controller and Xbox One Wireless Adapter.
3 people found this helpful
on December 27, 2015
UPDATE: Downgrading the review from 5 to 4 stars. Purchased this Dec, 8 2015, the controllers starting to drift on its own (not all the time but sometimes) todays date is 8/26/2016, this controller has not gotten 'heavy' usage since I've been a mouse and keyboard player (using a Steel Series mouse & a Corsair Keyboard w/ rapid fire switches) I've recently purchased the wireless receiver so I can use the controller to play The Witcher 3, I think that killed the controller. I love playing with a controller so I wish I didn't buy the expensive Corsair Keyboard and I could afford 5 more xbox 360 controllers.

First of all I will start by saying I'm going back to lower the review I left on the aftermarket replacement kits after handling a new original again. The joysticks are flawless and not worn down! My 'Black Replacement Kit Xbox 360 Controller Shell + Button Parts' thumb sticks feel worn down compared to this factory new. I am glad I purchased a new controller instead of trying to fix the old controllers, my thumb sticks stopped coming back to center every time... so your constantly turning left while trying to look in a sniper scope... Now I can stop playing on easy mode and get into the action!
One person found this helpful
on August 21, 2015
I bought this controller for use with Steam, as you just can't play "Super Meat Boy" or "I Am Toast" on a keyboard if you expect to keep your sanity. After several months of play, I can confidently say that I made the right purchase. The controller is comfortable and ergonomic, and my fingers rest comfortably on the shoulder and trigger buttons. The battery life is advertised at around 40 hours, and I've found that to be the case, more or less. The button resistance is satisfying, the thumbsticks feel tight and responsive, and it feels solid and sturdy overall. My palms do get a little sweaty during extended gaming sessions, but I'm a sweaty guy to begin with, and I tend to grip the controller like it's trying to escape, so that's probably just me.

Be aware, you will need a Microsoft Wireless PC Gaming Receiver in order to use this controller with a PC or Steam Box. This specific controller didn't come with one, but it was easy enough to find one on sale. That having been said, this controller gets a solid recommendation from me.
2 people found this helpful
on June 9, 2017
I've had three of these controllers. Two controllers both died from the same problem, the springs that hold in the batteries become too compressed (lose their "spring," I guess?), so the power connection becomes very finicky and the controllers randomly turn off. I had some luck prolonging their life by making sure that I am holding the controller perpendicular to the ground and using tools to try and pull out the spring a bit, but eventually the intermittent power loss became too frequent, so I had to stop using them. Really low quality design.
2 people found this helpful