Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 4,390 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,719 reviews
on October 20, 2015
Really disappointed. This controller is like the fourth one I've bought from Amazon, and it was the first that worked...for a month at least. Connected easily, but now it's acting like it's permanently jammed in one direction. Even when we've re-calibrated, it'll work for a few button moves but then just starts going off in a direction (thereby making it impossible to even a select a screen/game, let alone play it). Guess I just need to buy in store from now on.
on July 21, 2016
Purchased from Direct Distrubuter. One controller didn't even power on. The other controls were kinda sticky and there was corrosion on the battery pack by the terminals. Definitely not "good" condition.
on April 8, 2017
This is the second controller I've received after shipping the first one back to Amazon as clearly defective. They come in the correct retail packaging, and are clearly new, but man has quality control gone out the window.

The first one I received had an oily film all over the housing that made my hands itch (creepy) and the D-PAD down and right directions only registered half the time and made a clicky noise when I pressed them.

The second one I received is sans oily allergic film this time, but the directional pad still makes the clicky noise when pressing down and right directions. (This does not happen on my two other 360 gamepads). On this one the down direction only works 75% of the time. Since it's only one part of the controller, and it still works pretty well, I'll give it a 3/5.

I wonder if Microsoft changed OEMs recently? Either way, I can't help feel like this is some way to get Windows users to buy the new Xbox One controller and Xbox One Wireless Adapter.
on March 1, 2017
I bought this for my son because the one he got with his Xbox 360 about a year and a half ago started acting up. Seems he hit it hard enough and just right that the old one is working fine again. But ordered this to have a backup controller to be on the safe side.
As far as I can tell this controller is brand new, never used and looks just like the package I seen at Walmart for $10 more so as far as I'm concerned it was a great deal and a good buy.
Also shipped a lot faster than Amazon originally said it would. When I placed order it said would ship in 1 - 2 months, but we received it in about 2 weeks.
on September 6, 2015
The controller i received was a generic knock off and possibly refurbished or used. There were no X Box logos on it at all.
review image review image
on March 17, 2015
I picked up the xBox 360 Wireless Controller as I had games on my PC that made more sense with a console controller than a keyboard and mouse. I really tried to adjust to this controller, but I've been a Playstation guy for a long time and I just find the Dualshock configuration a better fit for me. There was nothing technically wrong with the controller, but it's simply too bloated and spongy for my taste. I gave it 4 stars because this is almost entirely a personal preference issue, it worked flawlessly with my PC and all the games I tried it on.
on September 27, 2013
If you are purchasing this controller to use with a PC you must buy the wireless receiver separately. This is a controller only!
44 comments| 177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2016
This controller frequently disconnects from the receiver, leaving the center lights surrounding the center button to flash incessantly.
Sometimes, the controller decides to shut off during regular gameplay.
The analog sticks squeak

What a terrible quality these have dropped to, and all for a price of too-damn-much for technology that is almost a decade old already.

**5/02/2016 EDIT**
The controller now flat-out refuses to stay connected to the receiver and frequently shuts itself off more than 10 times during <5 minutes of gameplay. Such trash, avoid this at all costs, I'm going back to a wired controller.
on May 14, 2016
The real thing. Far higher quality than all those cheaper substitutes I experimented with. I use this for gaming on my PC all the time. Works great. You gotta get a PC receiver made for the Microsoft Xbox 360 controller and then you gotta configure Windows for that (I'm running Windows 10 but it also worked on back when I used Windows 7 and 8 too.) Sometimes you gotta work through some fiddly junk to make it communicate correctly with your PC. But all the answers for this are easily found in Google searches. It's not like you are re-inventing the wheel -- many people use it this way and, so far, I never found a game that does not support this. My PC games such as Skyrim and Fallout 4 are SO MUCH EASIER using a real controller rather than the mouse and keyboard which quickly cramps my fingers into repetitive motion injury. I highly recommend this ORIGINAL Microsoft product.
on April 6, 2017
True Xbox wireless controller. My sons broke and we ordered this as a replacement and he says it works good. He needs the wireless since tv is so far away and no one wants wires anymore. This price is much lower then it used to be for this controller.