Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black
Size: 8.10in. x 6.80in. x 2.50in.|Change

on February 11, 2015
I feel like I'm late to everything that's new in tech, but I recently got a Xbox 360 Bundle that includes this black wireless controller. I had some doubts about the efficiency of the wireless controller, but I've been pleased with it so far.

I initially had these quick thoughts... How long will the battery last? Will I experience lagging all the time? Lag is the most frustrating thing, and we all know it. I have a wireless controller for another system that has always given me problems, thus my reservations about Xbox 360. But fear not, prospective buyer, because Xbox 360 is awesome.

The battery is advertised as having 40 hours of life. That's plenty of life for a couple of AA batteries, and frankly I expected less. Being that I've had the Xbox 360 for just awhile, I'm approaching 40 hours of controller usage and haven't experienced any issues. The time will soon come, but I'm happy with the amount of playing time I've got from a couple AAs. Plus, no tangled wires or tugging at the console.

The controller also has a 30-foot range. I haven't needed to be 30 feet away from the console, but it works just fine from the opposite end of a typical living room. Maybe in some fantasy when I live in a mansion with an auditorium for a game room I'll truly be able to test out the range.

As for the feel in my hands, it's one of the more comfortable and ergonomic controllers I've ever held. I'm seriously considering buying more wireless controllers rather than wired ones. Check out the gold chrome design if you feel like royalty.
158 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on September 6, 2015
The controller i received was a generic knock off and possibly refurbished or used. There were no X Box logos on it at all.
review imagereview image
41 people found this helpful
on July 21, 2016
Purchased from Direct Distrubuter. One controller didn't even power on. The other controls were kinda sticky and there was corrosion on the battery pack by the terminals. Definitely not "good" condition.
38 people found this helpful
on October 20, 2015
Really disappointed. This controller is like the fourth one I've bought from Amazon, and it was the first that worked...for a month at least. Connected easily, but now it's acting like it's permanently jammed in one direction. Even when we've re-calibrated, it'll work for a few button moves but then just starts going off in a direction (thereby making it impossible to even a select a screen/game, let alone play it). Guess I just need to buy in store from now on.
33 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 16, 2016
This is a factory wireless Microsoft Xbox 360 controller, and as such should be familiar to anyone who has an Xbox 360.

It doesn't work out of the box until you pair it to your Xbox 360 by simultaneously pressing the sync buttons on both the console and the controller. The sync button on the controller is a tiny, almost-unnoticeable button on the front of the controller, by the socket, between the (LB) and (RB) shoulder buttons. The console sync button is on the front of the console; on my 360 Slim it's a subtle button beside the memory card slot. More information can be found on support.xbox.com.

I haven't used the Xbox 360 controller this way, but apparently with the help of the wireless gaming receiver ( Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows ) this controller can be attached to a Windows or Linux PC for gaming. Another option for PC gaming is Valve's Steam Controller, but that one uses a cutting-edge new dual-trackpad arrangement instead of sticks, and requires a bit of getting used to in my experience.
3 people found this helpful
on September 19, 2017
My review appears to have been removed so here it is again.

The batteries get stuck in and other reviews note that the batteries usually last about 10 hours. Being unable to remove the batteries without a pair of pliers is problem enough alone for this to get one star. I don't want to have to risk breaking the controller battery bay every time I want to replace the batteries.

On top of that, this does not work. I tried this on three devices. Two computers and one Actual Xbox (yes I saw the note that it does not work with an Xbox)
on October 20, 2016
So, it's 2016 and Microsoft will soon (if not already) discontinue production and support for the xbox 360 and it's accessories. I've had three of these already and they inevitably develop a minor drift in one of the analogue sticks. I'm ok with it because these controllers can now be found on amazon for as low as 17 USD. I do not use an xbox360 but this controller is the only controller I use for PC gaming. Whether it's with the cable or the xbox360 wireless adapter this unit just works. all the games I've ever played (except phantasy star online2) go by the A,X,Y,B layout and although I find the PS4 and PS3 controllers to be more ergonomic and safer for extended grinding; there's just too many things you need to do to get them to work. PS4: you need input mapper, the PS3 works fine with the wireless D-input converter but some of the newer games don't recognize the controller as a digital input and then there's the panic moment when a game prompts you to smash the X button and you instead hit the PS3,4 X's button which is actually the A button... I am getting too old for having to reverse engineer my controller - just wanna play a darn game :).
Long story short. It's getting pretty easy to find this controller at a really cheap price and for now I feel it's a very good alternative to purchasing the xbox one controller (69 USD) plus the wireless adapter (29.99)
One person found this helpful
on February 24, 2018
Arrived yesterday, did not work out of the box. Powered up when the batteries were inserted, but it would not connect at all to my Xbox 360. Tried pushing the reset button, removing/replacing batteries, nothing worked. Lights would flash around the silver connect button, but that's it. The users guide was in various, unidentifiable languages, several Arabic ones, but nothing in English making me wonder if it was not compatible with U.S. models. Returned today.
Top Contributor: Watcheson January 26, 2016
Boring stuff first:

The product(s) arrived on time, as described by Amazon & manufacturer, it was shipped without issue, arrived within prescribed estimates, the packaging was undamaged, and the product itself was unmolested and made with quality materials. Description, photograph, website presentation, and what arrived are the same-size, shape, color, and it matched my expectations.

Great controllers, very responsive even when the power is low, durable (I've gotten mad and thrown one a short distance (I'm a 48yo baby when it comes to all the freaking games my 12yo can beat me at), and charge time is quick. Batteries last a long time and we've had fun using them in conjunction with the double stack Energizer charging station (Amazon offers it). Pretty good range as well, I was in the kitchen, essentially behind a wall and behind the gaming console and it still worked very well - going to the second floor, not so much. Odd I know, I check these things out.
on August 21, 2015
I bought this controller for use with Steam, as you just can't play "Super Meat Boy" or "I Am Toast" on a keyboard if you expect to keep your sanity. After several months of play, I can confidently say that I made the right purchase. The controller is comfortable and ergonomic, and my fingers rest comfortably on the shoulder and trigger buttons. The battery life is advertised at around 40 hours, and I've found that to be the case, more or less. The button resistance is satisfying, the thumbsticks feel tight and responsive, and it feels solid and sturdy overall. My palms do get a little sweaty during extended gaming sessions, but I'm a sweaty guy to begin with, and I tend to grip the controller like it's trying to escape, so that's probably just me.

Be aware, you will need a Microsoft Wireless PC Gaming Receiver in order to use this controller with a PC or Steam Box. This specific controller didn't come with one, but it was easy enough to find one on sale. That having been said, this controller gets a solid recommendation from me.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.