Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black
Size: 8.10in. x 6.80in. x 2.50in.|Change

on February 11, 2015
I feel like I'm late to everything that's new in tech, but I recently got a Xbox 360 Bundle that includes this black wireless controller. I had some doubts about the efficiency of the wireless controller, but I've been pleased with it so far.

I initially had these quick thoughts... How long will the battery last? Will I experience lagging all the time? Lag is the most frustrating thing, and we all know it. I have a wireless controller for another system that has always given me problems, thus my reservations about Xbox 360. But fear not, prospective buyer, because Xbox 360 is awesome.

The battery is advertised as having 40 hours of life. That's plenty of life for a couple of AA batteries, and frankly I expected less. Being that I've had the Xbox 360 for just awhile, I'm approaching 40 hours of controller usage and haven't experienced any issues. The time will soon come, but I'm happy with the amount of playing time I've got from a couple AAs. Plus, no tangled wires or tugging at the console.

The controller also has a 30-foot range. I haven't needed to be 30 feet away from the console, but it works just fine from the opposite end of a typical living room. Maybe in some fantasy when I live in a mansion with an auditorium for a game room I'll truly be able to test out the range.

As for the feel in my hands, it's one of the more comfortable and ergonomic controllers I've ever held. I'm seriously considering buying more wireless controllers rather than wired ones. Check out the gold chrome design if you feel like royalty.
44 comments| 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 9, 2014
While I remain a Playstation-loyal gamer, Microsoft certainly knows how to make really nice controllers. These controllers feel great and work great! One bummer (inescapable, I might add) is that these controllers auto-turn-off really REALLY fast. This isn't a problem if you're gaming, but when you stream netflix and want to pause it really fast is a major irritation. like I said though, this problem is not with the controller, but with the software and can't be avoided if you have an xbox 360.

This controller also works great for PC gaming, but unless you buy the PC-specific version, you will need to get an adapter/dongle for it (links for both included below). I already had two of these controllers, so it made sense for me to buy the dongle for my standard xbox 360 controllers (this one) and not PC-specific controllers. Also, this is a plus if you have friends come over to play a local game on your PC and they only have standard xbox controllers as well. I connected 4 standard xbox 360 controllers to the adapter and it worked perfectly.

If you get this, I would also buy the charge kit (link below) as you'll want a rechargeable battery (not included with this) and a cord to charge it with (you can play while its plugged in charging).

Overall, this controller feels great, performs great, and is durable. 5/5

Charge Kit:

PC Adapter:

Xbox 360 Wireless PC Controller:

Xbox 360 Wired PC Controller:
on September 12, 2015
After having my controller since first getting my Xbox 360(the very one that came with the console itself), it finally started having issues. Holding up/forward on the analog stick, it sometimes wouldn't register that I was holding it all the way forward(it acted as if I were trying to "walk" instead of "run" as if I were holding it slightly forward), and needless to say that this got me killed SEVERAL times. So, I went out and started searching for a new controller. Sadly, I couldn't find a cheap one(cheap as in lower than $20) so I buckled and got this.

After having it for about a month now, I'm happy with my purchase. It's holding up very well and my gaming experience has considerably improved. Great buy if you need a new wireless regular black standard Xbox 360 controller. It came in your regular official Microsoft packaging, so that was a great relief. It arrived on time which was also a plus. Basically, if you need a new one, get this controller.
on June 6, 2016
My son and grandson play Xbox with one another all the time, but when a friend joins my grandson at his place, he pesters his uncle, my son, to lend his controller so that the friend can play. Problem solved! I don't know why the games do not come with two controllers ... they used to back in the day. But, it is what it is and now there is only one controller in the box!

This extra controller is in perfect new condition, not an imitation controller made by some copycat company and not a used refurbished one. Have the batteries ready, however, as this controller does live up to the 40 hour playtime that Microsoft seems to think is a long time! LOL! 40 hours in gaming time is nothing! Thank goodness for rechargeable batteries!
on June 14, 2017
Just what I needed to replace old one...came with batteries which was a nice surprise
on November 4, 2014
The feel of this controller is quite different than the one I paid $15 more for at Gamestop, and not in a good way. The first thing I noticed right away was the weird sound it made when clicking down on the directional pad. On my other controller, it feels soft and there is little to no noise when clciking it. This one is just the opposite. After just a few hours of playing I then began to notice that the game I was playing would not respond to pressing down on the directional pad. In some cases, it took three or four clicks to finally switch my weapon in Gears of War. This got so annoying I actually switched back to my old controller just a few days after using this one. Another issue that had arisen after my friend started using this controller was that after less than a month of him using it the buttons started sticking which was utterly disappointing. Consider the other controller's buttons began to stick after roughly 5-6 months of extremely heavy usage. So in conclusion, the appearance for the most part is virtually identical to my older controller but the feel and actual function is drastically different. I would recommend this controller to someone who does not play competitively. Otherwise, don't waste your time or money on it.
on May 30, 2014
my controller arrived my 16,2014. this item was packed very well. when removed it from the package i found it was not glossy. i was happy because it wasn't. i bought this because i needed a new controller. when using it i noticed suttle differences, the first was that the D-pad was chrome,secondly it was a nice supprise the D-pad is much higher for easier maneuvering and not as stiff than your typical wireless controller you buy anywhere. the thumbsticks are great. they're not your typical ones. these are much better. they're more durable. it's a more durable rubber and also easier to manuver. and your thumbs fit in te center much better
i waited to right this review because, i wanted to see if it could stand up to the challenge of a full 2 weeks of Black Ops 2. it did very well. using the thumbsticks i did find it to be stiff, but after the break in period which was about 3-5 days for me. to test the right trigger button i used the following guns SMR and FAL.i choose these because they're not automactic from the start. it only goes as fast as you can pull the right trigger, and i purposly used it for that purpose. since the rubber is more durable and textured differently i found your able to go around people easier. to test left thumbstick used class with extereme condictioning because you constanly are pressing up on the thumbstick. that also held up very well. all the buttons work fine. none of them are loose either
i read the reviews also posted about this controller. my thing on that is, when you have items of mass production you will have issues. this issue could be quilty controll. not enough people to check everything. as a big time gamer i was very happy
on June 29, 2017
Nephew loves it! Replaced a broken one, and he is very happy with it.
on April 14, 2016
This controller frequently disconnects from the receiver, leaving the center lights surrounding the center button to flash incessantly.
Sometimes, the controller decides to shut off during regular gameplay.
The analog sticks squeak

What a terrible quality these have dropped to, and all for a price of too-damn-much for technology that is almost a decade old already.

**5/02/2016 EDIT**
The controller now flat-out refuses to stay connected to the receiver and frequently shuts itself off more than 10 times during <5 minutes of gameplay. Such trash, avoid this at all costs, I'm going back to a wired controller.
on March 15, 2016
my son wanted this for his birthday as his other controllers did not work any longer. these ones are still holding strong 5 months later. they do need to have batteries. and they go thru a lot of batteries, so i suggest getting rechargeable batteries. if you need an extra controller or to replace one i would get this one.