Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black
Size: 8.10in. x 6.80in. x 2.50in.|Change

on December 13, 2010
I bought this black wireless controller so I could have another wireless controller. Be advised when reading reviews on this product that it appears some people are reviewing the Xbox 360 Silver Controller and Play & Charge Kit, which is a special controller that is different (and more expensive as of this writing) than the black controller I am reviewing. This controller does NOT have any chrome items on it (other than the usual Xbox Guide button), nor does it have any upgrades to the D-pad.

As far as the controller itself, I didn't notice any structural difference between this controller and my old white controller that came with my Pro 20GB Xbox 360 several years ago. I did notice, however, that this controller properly charges my Play & Charge Kit where my old one did not. Prior to buying this controller, my Play & Charge kit would always show the red light while recharging. Since the recharging appeared to work anyway, I didn't think much of it (especially after calling Microsoft and being informed that the warranty on accessories is only 90 days, though that was in 2008). Since I assumed that the battery was at fault the whole time, I was surprised to find out that this controller charged the battery and (correctly) showed a green light when charging was complete.

Though it did not appear to be a structural change to the controller, I had somewhat forgotten (or not realized?) how much wear my controller has taken over the four years (give or take) since I got my console. The new controller gives me a bit more precision in games, especially with the right stick and the pushing of the sticks (for activities like sprinting). The tactility of the sticks (with little raised lines for grip) were a nice reminder of what my controller seemed to have at one time.

This was a satisfying purchase for functionality and the nice sleek look of black. I should also note that while the description of the item is "Glossy Black," this controller isn't really what I would call glossy like you would call the bezel of an LCD monitor or clear coat on a car. It gives off very little gloss in my opinion, which is fine by me.
1111 comments| 293 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 22, 2012
I don't understand why people would say that the Xbox wireless controller is the best, most ergonomically designed video game controller on the market. It really isn't. Number one, it uses batteries, so you constantly have to buy new batteries or use a recharging kit. I tried looking online and conducting research to find out if there's a separate USB cable that could hook the controller up to the Xbox in order to make it wired, but I found no such thing. If anybody knows of a cable that can do this, please comment about it below, but to the best of my knowledge, no such device exists. I see a hook-up port of some type on the superior aspect of the controller, but that seems to be a slot for your headset. As great as that convenience might be, I'd rather have that port be available as a cable hook-up for the controller.

No such problem exists for the PS3 controller. For the PS3, it doesn't have any batteries, and the wireless controller charges while it's plugged into the system. Why couldn't the Xbox controller do the same thing? It's mind boggling...

Another drawback to the Xbox wireless controller is the battery pack itself: do you know how hard it is to remove the batteries from it? It's ridiculous! It was so hard to take the original stock batteries out of it, and then I put in a set of rechargeable ones. Those, too, were very hard to remove from the pack, to the point where I thought I had to break it in order to get them out. Not too good!

Speaking about the design of the controller, why do people say that it's more efficient and "better" than the PS3 controller? I don't see how. The PS3 controller has a more linear style to it, with the thumbsticks neatly arranged in a horizontal fashion, and the trigger buttons are appropriately labeled as L1/L2 and R1/R2. The Xbox calls them LB/LT and RB/RT. What the heck kind of designation system is that? I get so confused when an action calls for using those buttons. Giving them a number system is a lot more efficient.

Overall, I strongly favor the PS3 controller over the Xbox one.
77 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 11, 2015
I feel like I'm late to everything that's new in tech, but I recently got a Xbox 360 Bundle that includes this black wireless controller. I had some doubts about the efficiency of the wireless controller, but I've been pleased with it so far.

I initially had these quick thoughts... How long will the battery last? Will I experience lagging all the time? Lag is the most frustrating thing, and we all know it. I have a wireless controller for another system that has always given me problems, thus my reservations about Xbox 360. But fear not, prospective buyer, because Xbox 360 is awesome.

The battery is advertised as having 40 hours of life. That's plenty of life for a couple of AA batteries, and frankly I expected less. Being that I've had the Xbox 360 for just awhile, I'm approaching 40 hours of controller usage and haven't experienced any issues. The time will soon come, but I'm happy with the amount of playing time I've got from a couple AAs. Plus, no tangled wires or tugging at the console.

The controller also has a 30-foot range. I haven't needed to be 30 feet away from the console, but it works just fine from the opposite end of a typical living room. Maybe in some fantasy when I live in a mansion with an auditorium for a game room I'll truly be able to test out the range.

As for the feel in my hands, it's one of the more comfortable and ergonomic controllers I've ever held. I'm seriously considering buying more wireless controllers rather than wired ones. Check out the gold chrome design if you feel like royalty.
44 comments| 158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 11, 2017
Did not come with CD or required connecting wire. Thought this was for a xbox, turned out to be for a laptop. Very dissapointed.
on December 21, 2013
This controller is not good at all, its way to big and my hands are small. Ps3 controller is for more superior and durable. I had my ps3 controller for 15 years and it didnt break. While i had my xbox 360 controller for 1 year. So you should buy a ps3 or ps4 for the best controller for gaming
66 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 8, 2016
Product came with damaged box
review image
on July 9, 2012
The controller I received was either a refurbished one, or it was a Chinese knock-off. I have 3 glossy black controller's and the one I received from this seller was completely different. The texture of the controller was very weird and the buttons felt very different and cheap. It also had broken parts inside the controller, so when it vibrated you could hear and feel them moving around. The battery case was also very loose and the controller would shut off because of it. Another thing I noticed is it didn't come with full instructions or batteries which is suppose to come with it. Something very fishy about this seller beware.
55 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 19, 2017
My review appears to have been removed so here it is again.

The batteries get stuck in and other reviews note that the batteries usually last about 10 hours. Being unable to remove the batteries without a pair of pliers is problem enough alone for this to get one star. I don't want to have to risk breaking the controller battery bay every time I want to replace the batteries.

On top of that, this does not work. I tried this on three devices. Two computers and one Actual Xbox (yes I saw the note that it does not work with an Xbox)
on February 5, 2015
I don't know whats going on, I'm guessing Microsoft has lowered quality control and cheapened the materials on xbox 360 controllers because I purchased one a while back and it only lasted 3 months, the one I just purchased recently seems to already be having effects from use. I remember the original controller I got with my xbox 360 PC adapter kit 4 or 5 years ago lasted over a year. Now they don't last nearly that long, luckily since then I have started fixing them myself by replacing switches and the rubber pads myself. Its easy, just need the proper screw driver for opening them up and use the parts from other controllers that you would normally consider unusable.

Torx T8H T8 Tamper Proof Screwdriver Security Torx Driver for XBOX 360 Wired and Wireless Controller Or PS3 Slim Disassembly CR-V Steel
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 18, 2017
Amazing product, brand new out of the box. Feels great and you can tell that it is factory new by the feel of the buttons and joysticks. The only problem I had was the price. The Xbox 360 is outdated it's been outdated for awhile, the only reason I still play it is because Microsoft/Xbox is taking their sweet time making games backwards compatible. Xbox One has already driven it off and it is better in all ways but you still want 30 bucks for a controller. Not to mention the controller is only gonna last about maybe 4 months max and then I will have to get a new one. My GameCube lasted longer then my Xbox 360 and its accessories. Stop ripping off customers and take care of them.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.