Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 4,410 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,739 reviews
on October 20, 2015
Really disappointed. This controller is like the fourth one I've bought from Amazon, and it was the first that worked...for a month at least. Connected easily, but now it's acting like it's permanently jammed in one direction. Even when we've re-calibrated, it'll work for a few button moves but then just starts going off in a direction (thereby making it impossible to even a select a screen/game, let alone play it). Guess I just need to buy in store from now on.
on July 21, 2016
Purchased from Direct Distrubuter. One controller didn't even power on. The other controls were kinda sticky and there was corrosion on the battery pack by the terminals. Definitely not "good" condition.
on September 6, 2015
The controller i received was a generic knock off and possibly refurbished or used. There were no X Box logos on it at all.
review image review image
on August 12, 2016
Although the controller came in tact, one hour later "squeak , squeak, squeak" All that i hear from my right analog stick. As i payed my $40 (including shipping) i would expect a perfect in tact controller. Overall as i sit here and try to fix this i hear non stop, pretty loud squeaking anytime i move to the left or right. Thanks Microsoft!
on March 1, 2017
I bought this for my son because the one he got with his Xbox 360 about a year and a half ago started acting up. Seems he hit it hard enough and just right that the old one is working fine again. But ordered this to have a backup controller to be on the safe side.
As far as I can tell this controller is brand new, never used and looks just like the package I seen at Walmart for $10 more so as far as I'm concerned it was a great deal and a good buy.
Also shipped a lot faster than Amazon originally said it would. When I placed order it said would ship in 1 - 2 months, but we received it in about 2 weeks.
on October 20, 2016
So, it's 2016 and Microsoft will soon (if not already) discontinue production and support for the xbox 360 and it's accessories. I've had three of these already and they inevitably develop a minor drift in one of the analogue sticks. I'm ok with it because these controllers can now be found on amazon for as low as 17 USD. I do not use an xbox360 but this controller is the only controller I use for PC gaming. Whether it's with the cable or the xbox360 wireless adapter this unit just works. all the games I've ever played (except phantasy star online2) go by the A,X,Y,B layout and although I find the PS4 and PS3 controllers to be more ergonomic and safer for extended grinding; there's just too many things you need to do to get them to work. PS4: you need input mapper, the PS3 works fine with the wireless D-input converter but some of the newer games don't recognize the controller as a digital input and then there's the panic moment when a game prompts you to smash the X button and you instead hit the PS3,4 X's button which is actually the A button... I am getting too old for having to reverse engineer my controller - just wanna play a darn game :).
Long story short. It's getting pretty easy to find this controller at a really cheap price and for now I feel it's a very good alternative to purchasing the xbox one controller (69 USD) plus the wireless adapter (29.99)
on April 8, 2017
This is the second controller I've received after shipping the first one back to Amazon as clearly defective. They come in the correct retail packaging, and are clearly new, but man has quality control gone out the window.

The first one I received had an oily film all over the housing that made my hands itch (creepy) and the D-PAD down and right directions only registered half the time and made a clicky noise when I pressed them.

The second one I received is sans oily allergic film this time, but the directional pad still makes the clicky noise when pressing down and right directions. (This does not happen on my two other 360 gamepads). On this one the down direction only works 75% of the time. Since it's only one part of the controller, and it still works pretty well, I'll give it a 3/5.

I wonder if Microsoft changed OEMs recently? Either way, I can't help feel like this is some way to get Windows users to buy the new Xbox One controller and Xbox One Wireless Adapter.
on March 17, 2015
I picked up the xBox 360 Wireless Controller as I had games on my PC that made more sense with a console controller than a keyboard and mouse. I really tried to adjust to this controller, but I've been a Playstation guy for a long time and I just find the Dualshock configuration a better fit for me. There was nothing technically wrong with the controller, but it's simply too bloated and spongy for my taste. I gave it 4 stars because this is almost entirely a personal preference issue, it worked flawlessly with my PC and all the games I tried it on.
on May 4, 2017
Good controller. Was worried I would be getting a knock off, but this seems like the real deal. I have gone through about 3 of them since my purchase of Dark Souls 1 through 3. Starting to wonder if I need to subscribe to them...

Out of the 3 I have ordered all of them have worked without issues. Much cheaper than I can get them at the store.
on December 27, 2015
UPDATE: Downgrading the review from 5 to 4 stars. Purchased this Dec, 8 2015, the controllers starting to drift on its own (not all the time but sometimes) todays date is 8/26/2016, this controller has not gotten 'heavy' usage since I've been a mouse and keyboard player (using a Steel Series mouse & a Corsair Keyboard w/ rapid fire switches) I've recently purchased the wireless receiver so I can use the controller to play The Witcher 3, I think that killed the controller. I love playing with a controller so I wish I didn't buy the expensive Corsair Keyboard and I could afford 5 more xbox 360 controllers.

First of all I will start by saying I'm going back to lower the review I left on the aftermarket replacement kits after handling a new original again. The joysticks are flawless and not worn down! My 'Black Replacement Kit Xbox 360 Controller Shell + Button Parts' thumb sticks feel worn down compared to this factory new. I am glad I purchased a new controller instead of trying to fix the old controllers, my thumb sticks stopped coming back to center every time... so your constantly turning left while trying to look in a sniper scope... Now I can stop playing on easy mode and get into the action!