Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - Glossy Black
Size: 8.10in. x 6.80in. x 2.50in.|Change

on February 11, 2015
I feel like I'm late to everything that's new in tech, but I recently got a Xbox 360 Bundle that includes this black wireless controller. I had some doubts about the efficiency of the wireless controller, but I've been pleased with it so far.

I initially had these quick thoughts... How long will the battery last? Will I experience lagging all the time? Lag is the most frustrating thing, and we all know it. I have a wireless controller for another system that has always given me problems, thus my reservations about Xbox 360. But fear not, prospective buyer, because Xbox 360 is awesome.

The battery is advertised as having 40 hours of life. That's plenty of life for a couple of AA batteries, and frankly I expected less. Being that I've had the Xbox 360 for just awhile, I'm approaching 40 hours of controller usage and haven't experienced any issues. The time will soon come, but I'm happy with the amount of playing time I've got from a couple AAs. Plus, no tangled wires or tugging at the console.

The controller also has a 30-foot range. I haven't needed to be 30 feet away from the console, but it works just fine from the opposite end of a typical living room. Maybe in some fantasy when I live in a mansion with an auditorium for a game room I'll truly be able to test out the range.

As for the feel in my hands, it's one of the more comfortable and ergonomic controllers I've ever held. I'm seriously considering buying more wireless controllers rather than wired ones. Check out the gold chrome design if you feel like royalty.
44 comments| 158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 6, 2015
The controller i received was a generic knock off and possibly refurbished or used. There were no X Box logos on it at all.
review imagereview image
on October 20, 2015
Really disappointed. This controller is like the fourth one I've bought from Amazon, and it was the first that worked...for a month at least. Connected easily, but now it's acting like it's permanently jammed in one direction. Even when we've re-calibrated, it'll work for a few button moves but then just starts going off in a direction (thereby making it impossible to even a select a screen/game, let alone play it). Guess I just need to buy in store from now on.
11 comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 21, 2015
I bought this controller for use with Steam, as you just can't play "Super Meat Boy" or "I Am Toast" on a keyboard if you expect to keep your sanity. After several months of play, I can confidently say that I made the right purchase. The controller is comfortable and ergonomic, and my fingers rest comfortably on the shoulder and trigger buttons. The battery life is advertised at around 40 hours, and I've found that to be the case, more or less. The button resistance is satisfying, the thumbsticks feel tight and responsive, and it feels solid and sturdy overall. My palms do get a little sweaty during extended gaming sessions, but I'm a sweaty guy to begin with, and I tend to grip the controller like it's trying to escape, so that's probably just me.

Be aware, you will need a Microsoft Wireless PC Gaming Receiver in order to use this controller with a PC or Steam Box. This specific controller didn't come with one, but it was easy enough to find one on sale. That having been said, this controller gets a solid recommendation from me.
I bought this for my boyfriend since his decade-old controller was taking a beating. This connected to his computer’s dongle easily and worked smoothly. Only problem that we had encountered was that the d-pad was very stiff and required very heavy pressure in order for it to register that he was pressing down on it. Hoping that it will wear down a bit and be able to break in.
on January 2, 2014
As responsive and solid as you would expect. Performs well, but the only real issue that I have is that my brother and I have gone through a lot of these because the sticks can wear down on the shaft. The plastic will wear down and sometimes the when you "click" the stick down, if you're pushing one way or another, it can stick a little. Depends on how much you play, I suppose. We got a lot of use out of them, so I think they're worth the money, as long as you're not paying retail price for them.
Any other cheaper off-brand that I've tried has been poor quality, felt cheap and weak, and I just couldn't stand to play with it for long. It's a shame that these cost so much money, and that the sticks are so hard to replace... Looks like they require some soldering - If I'm wrong here, someone PLEASE LET ME KNOW! haha.
All-in-all, it's a good, solid product. I just wish that it was a little less expensive.
on September 14, 2015
From the Xbox controller I got with my Xbox to the this controller, this one is such a down grade. I have a set of wireless audio video transmitters that I use so I can switch tvs on occasion when someone else needs the tv. The range with my old controller never had issues going from one floor to the second floor directly above the console. Now when I do the exact same thing, my controller frequently gets disconnected and i no longer can do this. Another fault is that the joy sticks are not solidly placed. When you push down on them to use the button they get wedged in their resting position and do not pop back out. Now for shooting and racing games this is a pretty bad issue. Not impressed and I'd rather have a refund and pick one up in stores but it's been a while.
on August 23, 2013
I wore my original controller out, so I shopped on Amazon and found this one under $40. They are almost $60 brand new at Walmart. As I read the reviews, I noticed someone said they got a refurbished "knock-off", or something like that. I can't speak for anyone else, but the one I received is an ORIGINAL brand new in the box Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless controller. It was the same packaging that all new xbox controllers are sold in at stores.

I was worried a little about the glossy black description only because I didn't want the whole controller glossy because it would then be slick and slippery to hold. The only parts that are glossy is the edge bottom side where you plug in your microphone or headset, and the trigger and bumper buttons.

Very satisified that I was able to get a brand new controller for such a great price. I never realized I have been playing with such a bad controller so long until I got this one. The buttons and joysticks spring back like they are supposed to. Now I have to get used to playing with a new controller again, but well worth it!
on March 27, 2015
Bought two for replacement controllers, since our originals were drifting all the time. The replacements are just fine; but just to note, one of them did have some initial issues. After plugging it in, I found that the left analog stick was completely unresponsive. We tried restarting the controllers, restarting the xbox, etc., but it was just doing nothing. I had given up, and was writing Amazon while my boyfriend played with it (i.e., giving it a few solid whacks on his palm, and jostling the analog stick around), but alas, before I could decide how to mail the thing back, it started to work just fine!

So that might happen to you. Just give it a few thumps to get things loose in there, I guess. And if that doesn't work, then you can give up!
on September 12, 2015
After having my controller since first getting my Xbox 360(the very one that came with the console itself), it finally started having issues. Holding up/forward on the analog stick, it sometimes wouldn't register that I was holding it all the way forward(it acted as if I were trying to "walk" instead of "run" as if I were holding it slightly forward), and needless to say that this got me killed SEVERAL times. So, I went out and started searching for a new controller. Sadly, I couldn't find a cheap one(cheap as in lower than $20) so I buckled and got this.

After having it for about a month now, I'm happy with my purchase. It's holding up very well and my gaming experience has considerably improved. Great buy if you need a new wireless regular black standard Xbox 360 controller. It came in your regular official Microsoft packaging, so that was a great relief. It arrived on time which was also a plus. Basically, if you need a new one, get this controller.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.