Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 27, 2015
I purchased this controller to use with a Windows computer. If you plan on doing the same, keep in mind that you will also need the Wireless receiver for Windows. This controller works well with both the wireless receiver and the XBox 360 itself.

The controller is not very different, in terms of structure and function, than the original white controller. However, it does feel slightly heavier, possibly indicating that the outside material may be a bit more durable than the original white controller. When I received it, I tested all of the buttons, and they work fine. None of them had a tendency to stick, all of them sent the proper command when pressed, and the remote itself never dropped the connection. The battery slot works well, and the charge can last for months, depending on how often you use it.

This Gold Chrome edition looks good. The surface is reflective, which adds a unique touch to the remote and to the gaming experience.

Overall, I would recommend this controller to anyone who is a game enthusiast or to anyone looking for a good-looking XBox 360 remote.
5 people found this helpful
on March 26, 2017
Initial Review:
So far the controller feels nice, the joystick grips are a nice change and feel tighter than the standard black model, it also seems to be a little smaller. so far working out of the box no issues

Pros: Smaller, Better joystick grips, nice finish
cons: both controllers i ordered started squeeking an hour into play, most likely due to the joysticks being just slightly too tight
4 people found this helpful
on July 29, 2015
2 years later and this controller still works like new and looks new
review image
9 people found this helpful
on May 7, 2017
I loved everything about this controller. It came in sturdy packaging and no scratches. I especially enjoyed how easy it was to connect and start playing. Bonus points for including 2 AA batteries with it so I don't have to run to the store.
review image
on April 1, 2017
Best controller I have ever had to be 100% honest and I have two modded controllers first money talks and second red rage this isn't modded sadly. It doesn't matter still amazing for the price it's my maIn controller now 😋🤗
review imagereview image
on August 23, 2017
The chrome on top is a nice touch, but it's a two-tone controller, and the bottom is a standard dark grey/black color. It's unfortunate because it should be all gold. The D-pad is one of the later "transformer" models, which can pop out and feels less mushy than the original Xbox 360 controller.
One person found this helpful
on January 2, 2017
Needed a replacement controller for my original one. This controller far exceeded my expectations. It feels more like the Xbox One controller on terms of how the shoulder and trigger buttons feel/press. I love the D-pad and the option to rotate it from the normal "plus" to the circle version. I use both depending on the game (plus for games that use it as a selector like Skyrim and round for fighting games like MKX).

Loved it so much that I bought the purple one too!

Great controller Microsoft.
One person found this helpful
on July 25, 2014
This is a great controller to use for your Xbox 360, it operates well and looks great! This controller is a standard Xbox 360 wireless controller with a smooth, gold finish on the front. The gold finish does a good job of resisting fingerprints, and is comfortable to hold even when your hands are sweaty. The joysticks are both hard plastic and, like most new Xbox 360 controllers, they are not covered with soft rubber like the original Xbox 360 controllers, which wear out over time. The resistance to all of the joysticks and buttons feels natural as well. I purchased this controller to replace an original Xbox 360 controller (which came from a 2nd generation Xbox 360 console), and I was pleased with its performance. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a new Xbox 360 controller.
on December 1, 2014
The controller came in as expected. I replaced a very old, and sticky controller and can really tell the difference when playing with the new one. The gold chrome is sleek and intimidating. I can actually still see my reflection in the controller because it is so shiny. There is not much to say about this one. It functions perfectly and looks great. It is exactly what I expected.

As mentioned above, this thing is intimidating. When I sent a picture of the controller to my roommate who I have an ongoing NCAA Football series with, he texted me back a couple hours later telling me he would be moving out in January. This could be because he got a job in a different city, but it could also be because he knows there is no chance of beating a man with a gold controller. It is hard to say.
on January 8, 2016
Wow, you would have thought this was made of real gold at how excited my son was when he opened this gift at Christmas! He had mentioned wanting this "special" gold controller and I figured it was an easy gift. Score one for mom! He loves it and all his friends ooo and ahhh over it! It works great as a controller should and looks cool, of course. Seems just as sturdy as his other Xbox controllers and we've had no problems at all after lots of use! Impress your friends! Get the shiny gold controller!