Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 407 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 426 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 6, 2015
I bought this awesome looking Gold Chrome controller for my grandsons birthday... and it is safe to say without any exaggeration.. this was his total favorite gift... one of the other grandsons knew what he was getting and told him that when he opened the package.. he was going to scream (8 year olds talking)... well he didnt actually scream.. but the look on his face was priceless.

As soon as he could get the other presents opened and out of the way.... he had the wireless controller set up and paired to the xbox (if that is what it is called .. non techy person here)... and was playing... he had a smile on his face all evening long.

For the technical aspects I can only say that he said it plays 'great' and that he has had no issues at all with game play with it.

It came with batteries and he and his cousins played from 3pm in the afternoon, till around 10pm that night with no issues or negatives....everyone had to have a turn last night after the birthday party, so it had quite a few hours on its break-in time. I just talked to him and he was playing it again this morning on the same batteries.

As far as being wireless... the room where the xbox is at, here at the house is a very small room.. so he was only at anytime no further then 12 feet from the console...but it certainly worked well within that distance.

I cannot talk any technicals details about the controller.. it was a birthday gift, and he totally loved it..and it was well worth the purchase price just to see the look on his face to see a wireless gold chrome controller

I write a lot of reviews as I am a avid shopper here... so even though this is not a lot of techy details in my review, I still hope it was helpful to you... with the number of reviews on this controller, well over 5,000 I am sure I could not possibly write anything that has not been written many times.. so this review was just to say it was a total thumbs up for a 8 year olds birthday present...

I added a photo to show you his excitement when he saw the gold chrome wireless controller
review image review image
on July 27, 2015
I purchased this controller to use with a Windows computer. If you plan on doing the same, keep in mind that you will also need the Wireless receiver for Windows. This controller works well with both the wireless receiver and the XBox 360 itself.

The controller is not very different, in terms of structure and function, than the original white controller. However, it does feel slightly heavier, possibly indicating that the outside material may be a bit more durable than the original white controller. When I received it, I tested all of the buttons, and they work fine. None of them had a tendency to stick, all of them sent the proper command when pressed, and the remote itself never dropped the connection. The battery slot works well, and the charge can last for months, depending on how often you use it.

This Gold Chrome edition looks good. The surface is reflective, which adds a unique touch to the remote and to the gaming experience.

Overall, I would recommend this controller to anyone who is a game enthusiast or to anyone looking for a good-looking XBox 360 remote.
on July 7, 2016
Pros
> The directional pad can "morph" into a pad with either four or eight spaces for simple input, leaving you feeling like it was born for a fast-paced Call of Duty game, or even Minecraft.
> The concave thumb sticks allow for as much control as you can get before setting aside a little money for KontrolFreek grips.
> Gold Chrome

Cons
> The Gold Chrome finish itself, oddly enough. Since 100% of the species this product was designed for sweats/produces skin oils, it doesn't take long for little rainbows and smudges to appear.
> You can notice dust faster than you can notice a candle in the dark because of this. I suggest putting the controller back inside the box it came in to prevent this.
> In theory, you can look down and see the pain and disappointment of losing on your face after an intense match of sniper rifle firefights in Ghosts.

After review and and slightly biased thought, I would recommend this particular controller to anyone looking for a new Xbox 360 controller. I also noticed that the remote had it's own kind of smell moments after unpacking it.
on January 2, 2017
Needed a replacement controller for my original one. This controller far exceeded my expectations. It feels more like the Xbox One controller on terms of how the shoulder and trigger buttons feel/press. I love the D-pad and the option to rotate it from the normal "plus" to the circle version. I use both depending on the game (plus for games that use it as a selector like Skyrim and round for fighting games like MKX).

Loved it so much that I bought the purple one too!

Great controller Microsoft.
VINE VOICEon December 31, 2013
It is too cool. Everyone else has a black controller. Your boy has a gold one.

Gold

#1

The best

It's beautiful and symbolic.

Unique gifts are most memorable. Here's a good one to get.
on March 8, 2017
Gold and Shiny. What more could I ask for? I bought mine second hand so there was a scratch on the battery compartment.
on February 8, 2017
Now I feel like Midas stuck his gold finger up my rumpus
on July 12, 2016
My son fell in love with the gold controller. He is a minecraft fanatic and there is something about the gold that set him on fire to get this controller. The shipping was on time and the product arrived in perfect condition. It was easy to set up for the console and performs just like it came with the console. The price was competitive with other markets, and much cheaper than purchasing off the shelf locally.
on March 4, 2017
With it so far! Great for working out
on May 5, 2014
Love it, love the price, and my boyfriend loved his birthday present :]
Got here quick and the price was lower than everywhere else I checked.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.