Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on March 7, 2013
I have owned a Xbox 360 since 2005, and I've gone through a couple of controllers in that time. I finally needed a new one so I bought this one with the upgraded D-Pad and it is fantastic!

Not only is the raised D-pad fantastic but I use it way more now than ever before. It makes going through menus and such much easier.

Not only that but the grips on the joystiq's are upgraded with ridged cups instead of just a smooth curve top. It makes control I think much better especially during fast movements.

Not only that but there is a texture now to the entire controller, which makes holding it when your hands get sweaty much easier.

I really hope these controllers will work on the next Xbox, because I definitely plan on using this until it dies.
22 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 5, 2017
The controller works perfectly no flaws and the battery holds charge it takes a while for it to reach full charge when you first get it but the trick to preserving battery capacity is by disconnecting the cable from the controller when it has 4 bars and never letting the battery completely run out of power good idea to connect the cable when the battery is at 2 bars excessively over charging as well as allowing the battery to lose all charge damages the battery
on December 27, 2014
Microsoft has always made decent hardware, but they've always made some darn good controllers. For those of us with bigger hands, wider grips, this controller feels more at home than other competitor variants. The device works as intended, but there are some cons that have to do with accessories. But first the pros.

Comes with 2x batter compartments. One with rechargeables built in and one that you can use your own batteries in.
Comes with charging cord.
Is easy to handle with larger hands.
Buttons * joy sticks / d-pad all feel and hold up solidly even after vigorous use.
Huge list of compatible games that require little or no tweaking.
EVERLASTING battery life.

If you buy a dongle you must install it. Plug and play does not always work. If by chance that dongle was purchased from a 3rd party to save money, you have to play around with the driver files under the device manager before it will work.
on May 16, 2014
Good controller, good feel. I like the controller compared to the other brands I have . This is the second xbox 360 controller I have and both started to drift mostly to the right within a short time of usage. It is very noticeable when playing war games and you are scoping and aiming. It is mainly the left stick only. Both controllers are the same, one is a couple weeks old and the other is about six months. There are complaints all over the internet about this problem and so far there is no fix for it. People have tried different things with rubber bands. I can't believe with all the technology out there and so many complaints that there is no fix. I have ordered AAA-Shocks (Analogstick Aim Assistance Shock Absorbers and from the looks of them, I think I am 99% sure this will take care of that problem because they fit around the stick to increase the resistance and I am hopeing that they will bring the stick back to a neutral position. I will report on the AAA's if they indeed work.
on January 11, 2013
My kids really like being able to switch the D pad from "cross" mode to full circle. I guess it matters to them...anyway, the rechargeable battery and the long recharging/play cord is very nice. It's saving on batteries for me.
on February 19, 2014
Obviously high quality.

The reason I bought the wireless controller for PC, is because the wired controllers all seem to have a weak spot where the cable meets the controller. (I've had like 2 in the past and after a year they just stop working on me)

Buying a wireless Xbox controller for PC is kinda hard though, because of cheap wireless receivers, and people that sell knockoffs.
Just find one with high ratings and you're good to go, better yet would actually be to get the receiver off of ebay, get it used and then it's probably not a knockoff. (that's what I did)

I don't have any problems with the controller, lasts forever too.
on February 21, 2013
My husband uses this to play games on the computer, like for when he wants to use our big screen TV as a monitor for his laptop. Awesome product, thanks!
on January 12, 2015
I got this for the purpose of using it with my 360, however at the time I was slowly moving over to Steam more and more. I couldn't be more pleased with this for that purpose. Using it with a wireless adapter is great for Steam games with full controller support. The transforming d-pad however seems to be nothing more for me than something to play with during load screens.
on March 15, 2016
Product as described with fast shipping and delivery! Good quality product. Original Microsoft product. It comes with the glossy/transforming wireless controller, 9' plug-n-charge kit, and a battery pack - you cannot beat the price/item combination in this one.
on August 14, 2014
It was time for a brand new controller! I chose this one as it was a plug and play for only 40$, you can't beat it. The d-pad feature is pretty cool, although I have no use for it. The d-pad itself has a nice little cold touch to it cause it's a chrome plated d-pad. I loved the new thumb sticks, as it has a resemblance to the new xbox one controllers! Great feel and traction! Came with an extra battery pack for normal batteries, with the plug n play pack. For a plug and play it doesn't get much cheaper than this! Overall great quality and feel to this controller... Look no further, since you might only need this to get you by til you buy an xbox one:)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.