Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 23, 2017
I wanted to get this for a long time, but I had no high speed internet at home...so no real need. I finally had to go with satellite internet service. Configuration did have some issues, though. I could connect to the modem, but not the internet or to Xbox Live. If you have an issue, the solution should be to go into your router's interface, Administration -> UPNP -> Turn UPnP OFF. That should resolve connection issues.

PROS - This works. It will get to update your 360, download games and patches, stream media, etc. WiFi is so much easier than running multiple feet of CAT5 cable to the router.

CONS - The latency of satellite service is often 600-1,000 ms (one second) which is unacceptable for gaming in real time. Going hard wire won't change this reality. That's the down side of internet by satellite. You can still game online with "turn based" games or games that play locally but must synchronize to the cloud in order to run.
on January 6, 2014
No trouble from this device at all. The 360 saw it as soon as we plugged it in. Setup the wifi and worked great for 2 days then stopped seeing the network. Thought I would have to return this, then realized the wifi router was actually to blame. I setup a new wifi SSID and everything has been working great on this ever since. Perfect replacement for the dead 360 built-in network card.

So on a related note, if you ever have any trouble with any devices seeing or connecting to your wifi, or even if a single device mysteriously loses connection for no apparent reason (like this 360 wifi adapter) - even if other devices stay connected (phone, ipad, laptop) - try changing the SSID (wifi network label/ID) and then add the "new" network to all of your devices. I've had to do that several times over the years with different brands of wifi router. It's just one of those quirky things that wifi routers do sometimes. This could have probably solved some of the problems some people had with this device, at least judging by their comments in their negative reviews.

For some reason most people don't think to try the simple method of fixing the problem, probably because they assume the device is to blame. People just never seem to think of renaming their wireless SSID, probably because they think its just too much trouble to put all of their devices back on the new network (its really not). Oh well, hope this helps someone. Good luck!
3 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on May 3, 2013
I am not a gamer and not super tech savvy, so I was skeptical of the "it's so easy" reviews. I wanted it to hook up an xbox 360 we have for visitors. Here's the catch 22: your xbox needs all updates to be able to use the adapter to connect. However, unless your xbox is next to your router that's a problem. I unhooked the xbox from the family room downstairs and carried it to the office and hard wired it to the router with a cable and the TV nearby (so you can see what's happening with the updates on the screen and click appropriately.) Once the update was complete, I detached all that again and hooked it up downstairs - and the wireless works great. Kind of a pain, but the xbox hadn't received any updates since we got it - our bad.
One person found this helpful
on March 14, 2013
I moved recently to a place where I only had wifi access and I didn't want to have extra equipment, like a separate wifi bridge etc. These was cheaper then the name brand. It pluged nicely into my 360, I got online by entering my wifi password and downloaded two games and some demos just fine. Getting online was like connection to a wifi network on your iphone. Just find the right network and enter your pw.

I do want to note, that I don't play games online, so if it ever dropped a connection I couldn't tell. Also, the first thing I did was download the latest xbox update when I connected.
on July 29, 2012
My Xbox is now at the other end of my house, and I didn't want to pull lengthy ethernet cables all across it, so I purchased that (cheaper) wireless adapter, hoping it would do the trick. I was not comfortable buying a third party product for my older Xbox 360 and I was quite nervous when I first plugged it in. However, I was happily surprised. It worked right away, no need to configure anything, I just entered my wireless password and everything worked fine right away. Highly recommended.
3 people found this helpful
on August 11, 2013
The wirless adapter works great, but when you try to download a game off of the live center; not so much. I've experience it dropped every 2% when downloading (received) this item 3days ago. Note again it'll work properly when your not downloading a game off of the online store...... Think I might get the original wireless adapter. If it drops me again. The game should've finished last night.....
on March 9, 2018
Love the product. Does exactly what it said it would.
on June 12, 2016
I purchased this for my XBOX 360 that came without wireless capability. Frankly, I got it because it was the less expensive alternative to the official brand. It worked okay, but it did come loose often which was annoying.
on August 20, 2015
Really wish XBOX360 was wireless N compatible ( even the latest versions are not ). This solved that issue and now am able to connect to my N band network at the full N wireless speed which has helped with streaming from Netflix. No more caching or lag
on November 6, 2011
This was the cheapest one BY FAR from all of the others that I've found. And it works the same. Not only that, but it has a nice unique look to it. And to top it off WIRELESS N! (Fastest connection available.)
9 people found this helpful