Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Give your favorite games new life with add-ons such as levels, characters and props.
- Instantly download HD movies, TV shows and Xbox Live Arcade games .
- Download full-fledged Xbox 360 Games on Demand and pick up and play Xbox Live Arcade games.
- 400-Microsoft Points to redeem on Xbox Live
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Redeem your points through the Xbox Live Marketplace to crank your favorite games up a notch with add-ons like new characters, levels and more. You can also download HD movies or TV shows for an instant movie night or pick up and play arcade games the whole family will love.
From the Manufacturer
Product DescriptionEverything you need to jump into fun with Xbox LIVE®!
Take your Xbox 360® online for games, HD movies and more
Xbox LIVE is the online service for your Xbox 360. Use Microsoft® Points to rent and buy HD movies or download full Xbox 360 games*. Keep games fresh with new map packs, new songs and workouts. With a Gold membership, play Kinect™ and controller games with friends no matter where they are. Instantly watch HD movies, TV shows and sports, and with Kinect, your voice is the remote control**.
TV is more amazing with Xbox LIVE. There's a huge variety of entertainment to choose from on Xbox LIVE, no matter whether you're in the mood for movies, TV shows or music. Use your voice and Kinect Voice Search, powered by Bing, to discover entertainment options that interest you–just say what you want to watch and Xbox finds it. From popular HD movies and TV shows to the hottest music, you get it all on Xbox LIVE.
What's in the BoxThe Xbox LIVE 12-Month Gold Starter Kit contains all the essentials for your Xbox LIVE experience.
- 12-Month Gold membership: Xbox LIVE Gold is the online subscription for your Xbox 360. Play Kinect™ and controller games online with friends no matter where they are. Instantly watch HD movies, TV shows and sports, and with Kinect, control it with your voice or the wave of your hand**.
- Xbox 360® Chatpad: Xbox 360 Chatpad: Send text messages to friends on Xbox 360 and easily enter game codes. Plus, update your status with Facebook right on your TV.
- Xbox 360 Headset: Chat with friends on Xbox LIVE while playing together online or send voice messages to friends right on Xbox 360.
- 400 Microsoft® Point: Use Microsoft Points to rent and buy HD movies or download full Xbox 360 games. Keep games fresh with new map packs, new songs and workouts.
Xbox LIVE Code RedemptionNOT AN XBOX LIVE MEMBER YET? Follow these steps first before redeeming code:
- Connect your Xbox 360 to a broadband Internet connection.
- Press the silver/green Xbox Guide Button on the controller.
- Select Create Profile & follow instructions to create profile name & avatar.
- Select Join Xbox Live & follow instructions to setup your Xbox Live account.
- Sign in to your Xbox LIVE account.
- Press the silver/green Xbox Guide Button on the controller
- Navigate to Marketplace tab.
- Select Redeem Code & enter code.
* Broadband Internet, Kinect Sensor and console, games, add-ons and media content all sold separately.
**Additional subscriptions (sold separately) required for some Gold features (such as Netflix and Hulu Plus™). ESPN3 affiliated broadband provider required for ESPN on Xbox LIVE. See xbox.com/live. UFC and YouTube coming fall 2011. Not all Xbox LIVE functionality is Kinect enabled.
Top customer reviews
The Chat Pad makes sending messages and entering info into the XBox a whole lot easier than the plinka, plinka, plinka, click method of the controller alone. However, the ChatPad does add weight, and changes the feel of the controller, making the Controller pad a little more awkward to use, and increasing fatigue during long gaming sessions.
The headset is a flimsy wired unpowered monaural (one ear) headset mic, which plugs into the hand Controller. The headset is fine for in-game chat, but not sound output; you will want a serious headset if you want sound and chat in the same product. One thing I noticed, is when you connect the ChatPad to the controller and then plug in the headset the connection is sometimes unreliable. Also the cord often gets in the way and I am always yanking the headset pin out of the jack, or off of my head.
Overall I would highly recommend this product.
Useful if heavy ChatPad
12 Month XBox Gold Live Account
400 Microsoft Points
Cheap Monaural headset, with annoyingly short cable, not always reliable connecting through the ChatPad.
ChatPad ads extra weight to the controller making it awkward and increasing fatigue over prolonged use.
The chatpad is next to useless. I figured I would get a lot of use out of this little doodad but it makes it near impossible to use the controller other than for typing since it blocks where part of your palms go on the controller (at least the way I hold it). Hooking it up is simple enough, but rather than just plugging into the headset jack it also has posts that snap into the screw holes on the bottom of the controller. It's not hard to remove/install but I can see this constant pushing down and pulling back motion will almost certainly break the headset jack sooner or later. I'd rather not have to buy another $50 controller if I can avoid it. That being said, since I dont have it plugged in I rarely find myself digging the chatpad out and installing it to type something I want to find on Netflix or wherever. It's a great idea (I wish Wii would take a hint and have one for the original Wiimotes) but just doesnt work terribly well in practice. The backlight is a nice touch though, and it does help using it if you're playing in the dark.
The Gold membership....there's not much to say there. I honestly only got an XBox to play games with a friend of mine online while I was away for work for a few months. If I had known that you have to pay for nearly EVERYTHING that XBox uses I probably would have passed. The equipment and games are expensive enough, and then to charge for online content is just a bit over the top. So far I've been able to get away with just the Gold membership but Microsoft really makes you feel like you're missing out if you dont buy expansions for your games or cool promo clothes for your profile avatar (seriously, you want me to PAY to have my avatar wear a hat with YOUR logo on it???).
Great value overall, but unless you're doing some serious texting or in-game chatting I'd probably skip the chatpad and just buy the two other times separately
12 mo Xbox live card: Well it came as described, and the overall value was worth it in this package.
Headset: The worst of the bunch, but if you want to try out VOIP capabilities for the xbox without investing in a fancier wireless headset, this works just fine. It has a mute/unmute button which is useful (for the mic audio only). You can also swivel the mic to and from your face. Speaker quality is passable. The shirt clip is clumsy and takes a while for me to get on every time. I plug it into the chatpad. Another option would be to use a standard headset from a cell phone and plug it into the jack with a 2.5-3.5mm converter, but I doubt the mute capability would work (unless it was an in-line mute function).
The whole package was $49.99 and was well worth the extra $14 above the 12 month Xbox live gold card alone. As a bonus it also came with a 400 Xbox live point card.