Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating PSFF17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 14,336 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15,157 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 23, 2015
I purchased a 12 month Xbox Live Gold membership for the first time on Amazon a couple years ago and I love the convenience. I typically use the "Online Game Code" option which provides you with a code you enter on your Xbox or within your Xbox Live account. This allows me to make the purchase and basically instantly redeem the code on my Xbox Live account. It's great if you need to quickly start, reactivate or extend membership without waiting for a physical card to arrive in the mail or without needing to run to the store to buy one. I also like using these prepaid cards or codes to pay for Xbox Live over paying with a credit card or debit card. If you pay with a credit/debit card Microsoft typically automatically renews it when your subscription is up. As a single dad I may not always have the required funds where they need to be when that happens. I don't like surprises and the associated fees that come with them. ;) I prefer not having a credit card linked to my Xbox anyway because it helps prevent fraud and the kids can't "accidentally" purchase something.

WHICH MEMBERSHIP LENGTH SHOULD YOU PURCHASE?
Xbox Live membership pre-paid cards/codes are available in 3 month, 12 month or 24 month subscriptions. I typically buy the 12 month and I'll explain why in a minute.

The 3 months option is good if you're on a tight budget or if you're not sure you'll like Xbox Live. I typically avoid the 3 month option because it costs you much more in the long run. If you pay for 12 months of Xbox Live using the 3 month option at $24.99 you'll pay $99.96 for a year of Xbox Live. For 3 cents more you could have purchased a two year subscription card! (Currently $99.99 That's crazy!

I purchase the 12 month subscription because I know we'll want. . . no NEED . . . Xbox Live all year in our household. The 12 month card saves me money over a monthly Credit Card billed subscription or the 3 month options. In fact if you're patient, I know at least the 12 month memberships go on sale from time to time. I think I scored my first one on Amazon for $39.99 which is about $20 off the normal price.

If you've got extra cash burning a hole in your pocket you can also pony up the dough for a 24 month Xbox Live Gold membership and take advantage of the discount it offers. I'm a bit too cheap and try to hold our household to too much of a budget to justify buying the $99.99 24 month subscription card/code. It does save about $20 vs. buying two 12 month cards but the $19.99 it currently saves me isn't enough to justify the expense. If your'e lucky enough to find these Xbox Live Gold membership cards/codes on sale you can always buy and redeem multiples. You can add them at any time and Microsoft allows you to stack them. I believe you can redeem up to 3 years worth of Xbox Live Gold membership credits on your account at any one time.

Since many parents/grandparents/adults may be considering buying this as a gift they might have questions. The information below should be helpful in these cases. If you're not new to Xbox Live Gold, just skip the rest of this review!

WHAT THE HECK IS XBOX LIVE GOLD?:
To any parents, grandparents, adults and gamers that don't know what Xbox Live Gold is: it's basically an extra service that allows video game players to play with other players via the internet. Most of today's games are made to be enjoyed by playing them with and against other players online. The days where you sit on the couch and play with 1-2 other people are pretty much gone. The sad truth is to get the most of their video games, Xbox One and Xbox 360 gamers need Xbox Live Gold. Xbox Live also allows players to access other features like online video etc but the main focus and benefit is online multiplayer gaming.

A word of caution: Parents, adults, guardians. PLEASE monitor what your kids are doing. Just like you shouldn't turn your impressionable child loose on the internet without any supervision or guidance, you shouldn't turn them loose on Xbox Live. People can chat and interact with each other via Xbox Multiplayer games, messages and more. Many games allow players to create their own emblems, logos etc. It should be no surprise that many people (adults and children) can't behave themselves. Online interactions on Xbox Live Gold are largely out of the control of Xbox and the game developers. There are rules governing the actions of players online, but for the most part things are on the honor system. Things ARE moderated to a certain extent but for the most part any disciplinary action is reactionary and comes long after violations of the Xbox Live terms of service. For example, if they receive enough complaints, Microsoft/Xbox will take action against anyone who is acting inappropriately. Unfortunately this action is typically taken long after your child has been exposed to language or images you didn't want them to be exposed to. Just know if your child plays online multiplayer games they WILL eventually hear adult language and sometimes worse. If you aren't comfortable with this do NOT let them use Xbox Live Gold. You can supervise your child, change settings to reduce risks slightly, but in the end you can't control what other players say or do.
55 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2015
Normally I would not 'review' a Membership card but this one bears a closer look. Literally. Not because it
did not work. On the contrary, it worked perfectly. It is because it is from, or for, another country. I find that
funny because on this web page it says, "This item is not eligible for international shipping". Simple irony.

Except for the X-Box logo, name, and the word 'GOLD' on the face of the paper package most everything
else, that is in white and green, is NOT in English. There is a white overlay sticker on the section that has
restrictions, directions, system requirements, etc.; also the added bar code sticker is in English. (The bar
code and number were obscured by the reviewer.)

I think it was important to mention since some of you may be getting them and may not want to use them
for fear they won't work. The card worked as promised on my son's old X-Box 360. It has been about 4
days now and there have been no problems of any sort.

So you can take a peek at the photos I've uploaded for your own amusement and be 99.9% assured that
your foreign X-Box Gold card will work in spite of the foreign language. Aren't we just the bon vivant.

So 5 Stars for the foreign Gold card that worked as promised even if they promised in another language!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update April 2016: Absolutely no problems in the past few months of use.
review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2015
I like how this code is sent with code securely hidden behind a serrated panel you gently peel off a sticker then tear open. Easy to access yet hidden from prying eyes. If it is tampered with then you know it has likely been used. The physical object itself I have little to no concern with. i will open it, enter the code, wait until I verify I have my membership time, then toss the card. Once you enter the code on the xbox site (or on your console) the card here is garbage. For some reason I can usually find the physical card cheaper than the online code. Here on Amazon, you can almost always find it for less than the advertised price on the card.
As for the membership being worth it, if you are a social gamer or want a couple free games (as long as they offer games with gold) then yes. This is more ideal if you have lots of friends who also have gold accounts. If only you have it, it still nullifies the gaming together aspect. There is a lot you can do as a silver member too, so if you are on a tight budget or don't have a good circle of gaming buddies, this might not be worth it. Netflix and other streaming media is now free to use (you pay the service company but you do not need Gold to access anymore) so what used to make this worth it is a bit less. I do recommend paying for a year at a time for the value if you choice to get it. To buy in 3 month increments will cost you nearly double.
on July 12, 2016
This is a must have for any and all xbox players with games that have online multiplayer functionality. I have made friends from all over the United States via xbox live, and even some globally. If you're using this for small kids, I would definitely suggest you monitor who they're playing with, as there are lots of adults online who will use foul language. They can play online without the use of microphones if you are worried about this. Also, if you do let them use a mic, and this could very well apply to adults as well, make sure you are not breathing into the mic and everyone on the other end thinks you're going through a really bad windstorm. It's so annoying.

Anyhow. Buying this was really easy as well. I believe it is pretty close to the same price as physical stores, as i believe it is price locked my microsoft, but they do allow sales to be run every now and then. So it was a no brainer to purchase it here and have it instantly delivered to my email. I took that code, put it into my xbox live account, and boom back online and killing some zombies with all my friends. I saved so much time and gas that it is definitely worth it to purchase it here!

Buy it here on amazon.
Amazon sends a link and the code directly to your email
In put that code that amazon sent you into your xbox live account (online or on the console)
You are back online!
Happy Gaming!

Also note that this works for both xbox 360 and xbox one. Two consoles, one account! Happy!
on February 18, 2016
The reason why I purchased from this seller over others was simple. The photo was in English and easy for me to read and looked like a actual Microsoft gold card.

Well what i received was a halo 12 month card in Spanish that looks like it was straight stollen from a store and sold on amazon for a quick buck.

But the codes worked just fine and actually gave me a few halo 5 emblems and a metal halo card to go with it.

So I knocked off a star due to misleading images, wrong language, and beat up product that has been dropped a few times on the road and dirt haha.
on August 3, 2017
Got the card, was in a different language, code would not work. I ended up getting one of those codes from Brazil I think. WILL NOT WORK IN U.S. sent back for refund. Not the fault of Amazon but still aggravating. If you get one of these codes and the package is not in english don't even bother trying it just send it back save yourself the headache. Some people have said they do work all I can say that after NUMEROUS TIMES of trying this code it would not work. Mabey they got a code from a different country than mine was from don't know just roll the dice I guess.
on August 1, 2016
Have purchased this three times in the past. First time was good, 2nd time only gave me 6 months before expiring, I thought seemed off but didn't put too much thought into it and purchased again. 3rd time also expired in 6 months and remembering that I thought it was too soon last time, decided to check into it. Sure enough both charged me the same as 12 months but only gave me 6. Now without XBox Live and unable to play most of my games and none of my apps. Called Amazon, explained situation and customer service was very nice saying product was flagged and temporarily removed, then refunded $46 some odd dollars. My problem is that guessing product wasn't actually flagged, says now quite a bit later still available? and while refunding of card seems somewhat appropriate, I am still without XBox Live as of now, the card is slightly more expensive than if worked right the first time, and since have to order again (takes 2-3 days just to process, before mailing)I will be waiting even longer to access a service that I should have never been disconnected to in the first place. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth thinking perhaps should just order from Microsoft directly and skip the middle man, would be happier as of right now.
on March 10, 2017
If you know anyone with an Xbox they will appreciate this. Also it's just such a bargain. To buy it month to month it's $10+ each month totaling to about $120 for a whole year. When you buy this it's only $55 for a whole year. Such a good deal! Highly recommend it!
on March 6, 2016
At first I was worried when I opened the package and the card was partially written in a Persian-looking language. I became more worried when I first attempted to use the card and received an error. However, after doing some research and having a bit of patience, I learned that the reason I was not able to redeem the code immediately was because the last time I added time to my subscription, I did it with a prepaid digital 12mo code as opposed to an auto-renewing credit card payment (the digital code was from Amazon; it was cheaper than the physical card at the time). It turns out that when you pay in this fashion Microsoft requires that the subscription expire before you can redeem a new card i.e. they will not stack and there is no option to renew. My subscription was set to expire March 7, so I decided to wait it out and see if the card would actually work then. On March 6 I received an automated email from Microsoft notifying me that my subscription had expired (maybe due to be a timezone discrepancy?) and all I had to do was follow the email link to extend my membership, click Redeem Code, and the code worked fine. As for maintaining the loyalty count on your membership (e.g. "member for 5 years"), I found some websites (including majornelson) that said to rest assured as having a gap in your membership will not reset your loyalty count. However, from the time I spent looking through other reviews to figure out what was wrong, I saw some that seemed to have less successful experiences than myself so I would at the least make sure you will be able to use the card within a month of ordering it in case it really doesn't work and you need to return it. The pictures are from after I opened it.
review image review image review image
on March 28, 2017
Bought from Amazon and shipped/sold by Amazon. (Xbox Live Gold Membership Digital Code sent to email).

Purchased with my amazon gift card. Digital code then sent to my email, fast digital delivery with no problems!

Typed in the digital code to my Xbox live account on my Xbox One, signed out then signed back in and wallah, Xbox Live is ready to go!

Would and will buy again!